I have a query to a bailiff charge being taken at council office.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine went to pay his council tax at the council offices albeit a little late about 2 months late, I did tell him off but any hoo, he was told to come back later that afternoon to "have a chat" with the bailiff as the council un-be-known to my friend had passed the debt over to them.

So he went back to have his little chat he paid what was owed (which he thought was the up to date amount) but when he came away he found that he owed more, the whole years amount plus the bailiff has put on their charges of almost £80. Now before I start letter writing I need to know whether bailiffs can charge a fee for this proceedure seeing that the bailiff didnt make a visit to my friend but the other way round. There was a lot of people seeing this bailiff that afternoon, can you imagine how much she earnt just by sitting there for two hours if she charged the same amount for every one she saw that day. even if she charged the correct amount of £24.00 thats £24.00 per visit ranging from 5mins to 10 mins thats over £100 per hour for sitting on her backside for 2 hours. Does she have to be certified also as my friend noticed that she was new, yes he has been there before :rolleyes: silly man. Next visit he is going to ask for a break down on the charges and ask her her name so I can check if she is certified.

Info about this would be greatly recieved:)

Edited by seanamarts
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Sounds very suspicious, have you managed to acquire any further information on the bailiff.

this is something we are trying to figure out at the moment, you know how slow these people are at giving info lol

did you find out any more about this

a councillor in my area is pushing for in house bailiffs would be interested in how the charges are going to work

Supporting Vulnerable Households | Z2K Zacchaeus 2000 Trust

do you know how to be come a member of this site cant find out how to register

did you find out any more about this

a councillor in my area is pushing for in house bailiffs would be interested in how the charges are going to work

Supporting Vulnerable Households | Z2K Zacchaeus 2000 Trust

do you know how to be come a member of this site cant find out how to register

My friend is seeing them at the end of the month so questions will be asked face to face but, looking at all his paperwork now it looks like they havnt charged a fee at all.... yet....... so we shall see The extra money on the bill was the councils charges of £50.00 ??? not sure what these are yet.

As for Z2K I dont think you need to register but if you email them they will put you on their contact list

[email protected]