bca and debt collectors

cj999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

First time poster.

I was wondering if anyone can help.

About a year ago i was chased by the BCA and the debt collection agency CCS Collect.This was for books never recieved,and therefore being unaware was unpaid.

After speaking to both parties I eventually managed to get the issue resolved,cancelled with no payment from me.

End of story???? Not quite....

Today i recieved a letter from S C Gray Solicitors saying I owe the money,and its to the penny what I owed last year.I phoned them straight away and explained the situation,I luckily still have most of the documentation from last years incident,and the guy,who was helpful,asked me to write in with a dipute of debt notice.

The questions I have are

1=What is a dispute of debt notice and how do I go about writing one?

2=Why after all this time would the debt suddenly re-appear when I have already had it cancelled by BCA and CCS collect?

3=Any other bits I should be looking at doing to get this stopped once and for all and hitting me again further down the line?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

CJ

You are being asked to produce written proof that you disputed the debt...............pretty hard to do if you sorted this out on the phone.

Did BCA send you a letter confirming the resolution reached betweeen you ?

little tip to remind oneself...........

NEVER talk to dca's or their solicitors on the phone!

second note to self..........

ignore these leeches next time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sadly you're obv on a phishing letter list for a while

there is little you can do as you've made contact and it will be noted they've found a mug to pester.

your best bet at present is to fire off this letter:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

then if you get any more from diff chasers just ignore them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yea but look where that mug ended up.

here where you can fightback!

better to be a mug then dumb and pay them!

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Bit of a follow up.

After believing i had sorted it out,they (BCA) did not send the letter to the solicitors instructing them to remove the debt,and i have now found out it has been passed to a door collection called Scot Call.....!!!!

Any further ideas on this one?

How do i get them to stop,can I threaten legal action,harresment or the like?

Thanks as always

CJ

Scotcall are unlikely to send somebody round - if they do they have NO RIGHT to come in and ask you for money - they will be a commission only based 'field agent' and snooping. They are NOT bailiffs (even though they sometimes claim to have the same rights). They have less rights than a pizza delivery person or a postman.

There is also a letter in the templates you can print out and give to them, keep it handy just in case.

Also check on the date of the letter from Scotcall, I had one dated 11th August giving me 7 days to contact or they would visit, this arrived on the 17th....

You say you have most of the documentation from the original incident, do you have anything amongst it which states that they cancelled the debt & that no payment was due? If so, just send a copy of it to whoever is sending you begging letters now. Otherwise you may have to send BCA a SAR to get transcripts of your telephone calls or any entries made to your file relating to them.