Me and Welcome Finance Loans and PPI REclaiming too

kregrs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have another sheet with commision details on, it was scanned up to start with then removed as advised it might not be wise to display it on here!

With regards to using it against Welcome in court, would it be worth me taking them to court, or waiting for them to take me? As I've been waiting nearly 2yrs now for them to do so...

I think without knowing what regulations it is breaking you would have a hard defence (saying this from my own point of view because I dont know what regs it is) Id be inclined to let them take me.

maybe someone can help with what regs we should be looking into??

i guess the hard bit is proving that you knew nothing about them until SAR....

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I was under the impression that to be able to prove I knew about it, they would require my sig on something detailing the commission payments, at least that was my take on Wilson v Hurstanger.... I'm probably wrong though.

I wouldnt outright let welcome know you have one it needs to be your shield so to speak ive not read wilson v hurst thoroughly as yet so kregrs you may very well be correct and would make sense to me even without reading it

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

On another note, I have just started a new thread under motoring entitled (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/motoring/251166-vt-against-british-credit.html) VT with British Credit Trust. My girlfriend is 23months into 48 month agreement. Impeccable payment record. Has sent VT. Everything fine. BCT acting well. Couple of thoughts on it though if anyone around here can shed any light - do we apy them £110 to collect or drive 1 hour to leeds? (car has few minor scracthes - which I'm trying to iron out). Secondly when they sell the car at auction we would be liable to any shortfall in £ to their value. Any loopholes I should know/ scams/ how to play this?

Help apprecaited

I'm hoping I'll get my chance to use it against them soon, rightly or wrongly, I called into my local branch (which is still open) and asked whats happening with my account. Apparently it was passed on to Lewis on 5th March so waiting to hear from them, see what they're going to do...

Ok Im going for it in court not just on commission but it will be one of the things im pushing for if needed would anyone be willing to provide a copy of theirs with a covering letter as a way of proving its standard practise for welcome and not just a rare thing - theory being the more evidence I have the less the **** can wriggle out of it. I already have a few copies (Thank you, you know who you are) but just an appeal should I need any more :)

Thanks granty :)

Can anybody have a look at these and see if all is how it should be? Loan was taken out in 2005 and settled 6 months later.

Welcomesecuredloan1.jpg

Welcomesecuredloan2.jpg

And the statement...

Welcomestatementsecuredloan.jpg

Welcomestatementsecuredloan2.jpg

Its the account that I hope to claim back the PPI and anything else I can,

thanks kregrs will keep you all informed!

Beyond,

You need to take a well deserved break, sure you've been on here since first thing this morning!?

Ok I know I must have been too to have noticed!

Sterling effort!!

Haha unfortunately my 3 little darlings wont allow me constantly on here and I was out all morning so nope i havent been here all day I have popped on and off though lol for the record last log in was 20.53 :cool::lol: If you have been here all day YOU need to take a break ;)

Yeah had a look this morning but jumping in and off it during day to seek inspiration. In the meantime I'm running a wedding, just cleared away the buffet!!

Multi tasking to the max!! :cool:

kregrs, looking at this, the fee rebate seems wrongly listed as they have charged you more! Try claiming this back along the lines of misleading information - I would guess that the balance on your account was less than the settlement figure so they magiced up some fees to get your balance to equal the cheque when in reality they should have sent the money back. Dodgy practice that happened a fair bit then.

Insurance rebate does relate to PPI, you can still reclaim but because of the date check with FOS they might say that it is the FLA who governed Welcome at that time. Obviously your claim will be limited to the amount less the rebate.

Finally the £20 fees and the £20 the capitalisations seems incorrect, company policy then was to cancel a direct debit when 2 out of 3 did not pay, they haven't done this so try claiming these charges back too.

All in all a few reasons to try and get some cash back

I did notice that where an Ad Hoc fee was charged, and Capitlisation appears above it, that the total doesn't change, only for the Ad Hoc fee...

Also, I was charged a Mortgage Indemnity Fee, when it wasn't a mortgage but a secured loan, whats the chances of getting that back?

What I've worked out so far that I may be able to claim back is -

Insurance (979.79 - Insurance credited) = 342.29

Ad Hoc fees 60.00

Fee Rebates 384.04

MIF 275.00

Total 1061.33

Plus 8% interest for 5yrs?

Does that look about right?

Edited by kregrs

Ii would say on the fee rebates add the early settlement penalty so get £590.47

Also query how in seven days (5/7 and 12/7) they have charged two ots of what look like full months worth of onterest, at least ask for one back, say £87.20.

Plus the insuarnces £342.29

and Fees £60

Unsure of the MIF, add it in but as a bargaining tool (i.e. Start the negotiations high).

8% interest needs to be compounded so by my reckoning you have total of £1354.96 with 5 years compound interest added means £1990.88, round up more if you want for goodwill too!

If you want to be listened to, try to get some support from either the local media or the CAB

having read on other posts in this forum and other on here, regarding some people who have written to Welcome, or whichever company terminated after a defective default, and accepted the unlawful termination of their accounts, is this something that needs to be done, or is it 'optional'? And if it needs to be done, is there a time limit attached to it? I received a termination of my account in August 08, I didnt actually know about this until last year, July 09, when I received my sar back from them. So the query is, if I need to reply and accept, is it too late?