Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


MrZ last won the day on June 2 2011

MrZ had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

101 Excellent

About MrZ

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Well, They've managed to accept responsibility and take a few steps to set things right. All that remains now is to agree a sum that they will repay toward the work that was done. I'll update this thread when it's all said and done.
  2. UPDATE: Welsh Water have removed the negative reporting from my credit file. They have also issued a credit against my bill. An assessor has been sent to inspect the work that was carried out by me to address the problems for which they were liable. We will need to agree a sum for the purposes of compensation for the work done. Looks like a success.
  3. I would be would be willing to take that risk, however my question at this stage, is what is my legal standing. I understand that the Water Act sets out a great deal of their obligations, for which they have failed, but what I don't find is any specific section of that Act (or perhaps another) that gives me (the consumer) to issue proceedings. As a small example, I have repeatedly asked for a copy of their complaints procedure, which has never been sent to me. However reading the Water Industry Act 1991 Section 86A states at (3) (3)The water undertaker shall— (a)publicise the
  4. Thanks for the reply HB. 1. I have been complaining about poor water supply for 11 months and my complaints have been largely ignored. 2. The water company have a statutory obligation to supply water at an adequate level, which they have failed to do and to compensate me for inadequate supply or interruption, which they have not. 3. The water company have known about the problem for more than two years (before I even lived in the property, and should have compensated me under the Water Act as soon as I notified them of the issue, they did not 4. The water company sent a letter stati
  5. Sorry for all the typos and mistakes above. I don't see a way to edit or correct this, but if it's unclear, I'm happy to explain in further detail.
  6. Hello all, I would like to know which statute to use to issue a claim against Welsh Water for a number of things. First a short background: Just over 11 months ago, I purchased a property served by Welsh Water. The property does not have a meter, and is billed by annual rate. From the outset, we noticed problems with the water supply. There was always very low pressure and volume. It would take at times more than 7 minutes to fill a litre bottle. On many days there would be no water at all. We moved into the property during the late Autumn, and notified all of the rele
  7. I'm no expert but I have been at it with Welcome and came out on top, so I have a fair understanding of what you are up against. The failure to send statements and the like would result in Welcome being unable to "enforce" the agreement. This would give you a defence if they were seeking a judgment against you. As the issue is being dealt with by the FSCS, who don't get involved in the "legal" side of things, the failure to send you regular statements or default notices wont have much of an impact on your outcome. I would think that if there is any balance left outs
  8. Thank you! I was celebrating all day and evening yesterday after the outcome. Whilst I cannot disclose specifics about the settlement, I can hopefully shed some light on some points of law and other issues raised during the trial. Aside from that it was quite satisfying to see Welcome brought down from their high horse!
  9. I am happy to update this thread and announce that my case was a success. After a much longer (and expensive) battle than expected, the claim was settled by Welcome. What was originally listed as a one day fast track trial, ended up being a four day mult-track trial. On the last day, the day that the parties were to give submissions, Welcome decided to settle the claim. The terms of the settlement are confidential and I am unable to go into any details about it, but suffice it to say, I WON!!! I would like to thank all of those CAGers, some who are no longer active on
  10. I'm confused. The way I read it, the Harrison's lost. They were sanctioned by a lower court for failing to notify the other party as required regarding the CFA. They appealed and requested relief from the sanction, which was denied. Have I missed something obvious?
  11. It is not surprising that you get helpful info from Welcome. Its easy to think they are being obstructive, but it is much more likely to be the case that they are incompetent. You need to find out if there is a CCJ against you for this agreement. The best way to do that is to contact the registry and obtain the information. The response will list any CCJ's against you. http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself If you have a CCJ from Welcome (or anyone else) that you know nothing about, did not receive notice from the court, or some other good reason, you can then take steps to
  12. Do not attempt to sell the car until you are certain of the status of the finance with Welcome. Have you sent a request for your agreement and statement of account? If not that would be the first step. I full statement of account will reveal what has been paid and what is owed.
  13. You may be reading it all wrong, but its difficult to say as it isn't entirely clear what your reading is. What I can tell you is that Progressive Finance and Welcome are one and the same. Welcome is/was one of the trading names of Progressive. So if there is a charge from Progressive, that is in fact Welcome Finance. If you have a copy of your SAR, there is no reason to do another, unless there was a significant time since the original request, or if you have reason to believe it was not a complete response. Are you making payments? Have they informed you of their intenti
  14. As with most things, it depends. 1. Are you sure there is a charge against the property? ( I assume this is a secured loan against your home). There have been many cases where the legal charge was never registered against the property, and you can find out whether this is the case in your situation by contacting the Land registry and asking what charges are on registered against your property. 2. Why are you interested in removing the charge? Are you attempting to sell? 3. Generally speaking, you don't want to be the party to make a claim unless you have a strong case with a h
  • Create New...