Parking 'fine' -Harassment from Debt Collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife received a threatening letter from a debt collection agency for a private parking management company today.

Parking company: "Valley Enforcement Ltd"

Debt collectors: "Commercial Collection Services Ltd" t/a "CCS Collect"

Background: Wife received "Notice to owner" from the parking company demanding £130 (no ticket was ever placed on the car). She wrote to the parking company instructing them to take up this matter with the driver of the vehicle; instructing them not to harass her further and instructing them to inform their debt collection agency of the situation.

Current Situation: She received a letter today from the debt collectors giving "72 hour notice of home visit". It advises that the purpose of the visit is to "Investigate your home situation prior to recommending court action".

This seems like extreme harassment to me.

I would be most grateful if anyone can provide advice.

Should we report them to the police?

Can we get a court order to make them stop?

Ideally, I would like this to get to a situation where we might get some press coverage out of it (but not have to pay any fines or court costs!). The parking area concerned has always been freely available until last year when the "country gentleman" (who owns the majority of the land around here) decided to make some money out of the local peasants. It was a controversial move that is being fought by several campaigners.

thanks

Fred

By the time you've got round to stopping the letters by force, they will have stopped long before anyway.

CSS merely send 2 letters and then give up.

Just ignore it - it's pure junkmail.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Thats good advice from AI27, as suggested file under ignore.

The last letter recieved will have a telephone number never call them, firstly they will lie to you, secondly a few people forget to withold their number as result they then start to call you, yes I'm of the few.

Andy

Sound advice from everyone.

CCS couldn't collect beer mats, never mind money, Waste of space.

If you want to complain, fredguzzle, have a good read on these forums and you will get plenty of pointers.

In the meantime, don't lose any sleep over this 'toytown' outfit. They will leave you alone in the end if you don't contact them in any way.

jed

My wife received a threatening letter from a debt collection agency for a private parking management company today.

Most likely same company but the bloke on the next desk.

Current Situation: She received a letter today from the debt collectors giving "72 hour notice of home visit".

:lol::lol: Don't hold your breath waiting.

It advises that the purpose of the visit is to "Investigate your home situation prior to recommending court action".

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah right, 'please come in'.....

This seems like extreme harassment to me.

I would be most grateful if anyone can provide advice.

Should we report them to the police?

No, waste of time.

Can we get a court order to make them stop?

Waste of time and money, it will be all over by then.

Ideally, I would like this to get to a situation where we might get some press coverage out of it

The press are not really interested in this story.

(but not have to pay any fines or court costs!).

It is not a fine.

Fred

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

The press are not really interested in this story

Well actually the press may be interested.

When the local squire started charging for parking in this small village the press were so interested that it was covered by the national newspapers... even though it's around 250miles from London.

I would report them to Trading Standards, it is harrassment. Call Consumer Direct, they will probably be less clued up than you are on private parking, but if you mention that you are complaining about a company harassing you, they will pass the details on to TD, who will, hopefully pursue.

I eventually got TD to investigate, but it did take a couple of calls to CD to figure out what to say to get them to do something, 'harassement' did it!

You should also complain to the DVLA and the BPA (link to templates below), this company are breaking the rules that govern who the DVLA should sell your details to.

FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned

the more people who write, the more likely these bullies will stop.

BTW, they can't send baliffs round without a court order.