NDR/Littlewoods - Ignored Payment Offer Letter - Threatening Action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Littlewoods catalogue has accrued 4 months arrears. My mom has written to them three times , {two of them recorded del} to explain temporary financial difficulties and to try to agree a repayment plan for a short period.

We sent them a template letter offering £50 per month and she owes just over £400 in arrears. The letter also requests that interest and charges are frozen.

NDR/Littlewoods have ignored her letters and are still adding interest / charges and are now threatening a default notice unless she makes payment or calls them.

Since sending her first recorded letter she has kept to her offer of making a payment of £50 every month, which her statements show as received and credited to the account, I dont think its advisable for her to call them and discuss this via telephone but what else can we do as they are ignoring her letter re payment offer and continuing to add charges etc and threaten action. She can and is clearing the debt but just not at the rate they want her to ...........help please x

Thanks xx

You're very wise not to call them masjntt.

Littlewoods are getting a good deal in my opinion receiving £50 per month and if they took your mother to court, the court would only order her to pay what she could afford.

Not sure what's best to do about the fact they are still adding interest/charges, but I'm sure someone else with more knowledge of that aspect will be along to advise you shortly.

**BUMP** - Please help, they have written again demanding payment or a telephone call to agree a repayment plan advising failure to do so will result in default notice being issued.

They have obviously ignored the letter explaining circumstances and offer of £50 per month, what shall we do??

Thanks x

First send them a CCA request to see if they are entitled to collect this debt & if it's enforcable. If they fail to provide it within 12+2 days or the CCA is unenforcable you can legally withold any payment until they do. Send it recorded delivery enclosing a £1 postal order. When you get a reply, scan it & remove any identifying details and post it back here where we can have a look at it. We'll advise you from there; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

How long has she had the account? If she started it before april 2007, ask them for a copy of the credit agreement she signed when she opened the account. chances are she did not sign or if she did they won't have the agreement. If they can't produce it they lose.

Lots of people do not know this and they rely on peoples ignorance of consumer credit law, to cajol them into paying more than they can afford. Their greed though is their undoing as it drives people into the the arms of CAG and/or NDL who then inform the catalogue customer of their rights under the CCA 1974.

Hi masjntt , both cerberusalert and count orlok have given good advice, I too was a customer of littlewoods and due to the ignorant attitude of littlewoods,NDR and other DCAs they used I was eventually driven to find this site and with the advice given was able to prove no agreement (debt can't be enforced). If only Littlewoods had listened they would have still been getting small regular sums towards debt, like most of my other creditors that are being reasonable.

sleepingdog

Thankyou everyone for your advice x I understand about requesting the CCA to see if its enforceable etc but my mom doesnt owe a great deal, and ideally when she has cleared the debt she wants to be able to continue to use the account, so am not sure if this will be this best route for her to go. She simply wants a temporary repayment plan for a couple of months but getting them to understand that or accept that seems to be mission impossible lol x