Unfair Dismissal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunately I feel I have been unfairly dismissed! .....even more unfortunately due to the circumstances it was impossible for me to know I had been unfairly dismissed until around 8 months down the line! does that automatically rule out any claim I might have?

Basically I was made redundant and my department was being closed down! it was going to take approx 3 months to finish existing projects however as I worked in sales my job was over and I was rather unpolitely made redundant and was made to leave immediately!!

I have since found out that the company have continued trading and have kept the department running and indeed by all accounts put more effort in to running it!! Would this stand up as being unfairly dismissed bearing in mind I had worked there for 9 years.

There was no way I could find out within 3 months that this was the case!! unfortunately its actually quite a secretive industry and that is the reason I was unable to find out until now that they never closed my department.

if you can convince a tribunal that there are sound reasons as to why you were unfairly dismissed at a later than [three month] date, there is no reason why it cannot be heard

i think you need to contact them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

google is your friend!

Dismissal

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A look around the ACAS (Acas - How can we help?) website will give you some valuable information.

You don't say, but did they re-employ anybody into your position?

If they did, then you might have a case but its by no means a certainty.

If not, then the company may simply claim that the savings generated by making you (and others?) redundant at the time were enough to sustain the company and in the meantime business has improved (particularly after 8 months have passed.)

I trust you the matter was consulted properly and you received everything you were owed from the redundancy. e.g. at least statuatory pay, compensation for lack of notice (at least 9 weeks pay depending on age), etc.