You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

dynamite1

Unfair Dismissal?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4029 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Unfortunately I feel I have been unfairly dismissed! .....even more unfortunately due to the circumstances it was impossible for me to know I had been unfairly dismissed until around 8 months down the line! does that automatically rule out any claim I might have?

Basically I was made redundant and my department was being closed down! it was going to take approx 3 months to finish existing projects however as I worked in sales my job was over and I was rather unpolitely made redundant and was made to leave immediately!!

I have since found out that the company have continued trading and have kept the department running and indeed by all accounts put more effort in to running it!! Would this stand up as being unfairly dismissed bearing in mind I had worked there for 9 years.

There was no way I could find out within 3 months that this was the case!! unfortunately its actually quite a secretive industry and that is the reason I was unable to find out until now that they never closed my department.

if you can convince a tribunal that there are sound reasons as to why you were unfairly dismissed at a later than [three month] date, there is no reason why it cannot be heard

i think you need to contact them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Obviously having never had to do this before what should be my first move? who should I contact?

google is your friend!

Dismissal

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

A look around the ACAS (Acas - How can we help?) website will give you some valuable information.

You don't say, but did they re-employ anybody into your position?

If they did, then you might have a case but its by no means a certainty.

If not, then the company may simply claim that the savings generated by making you (and others?) redundant at the time were enough to sustain the company and in the meantime business has improved (particularly after 8 months have passed.)

I trust you the matter was consulted properly and you received everything you were owed from the redundancy. e.g. at least statuatory pay, compensation for lack of notice (at least 9 weeks pay depending on age), etc.

Disclaimer...

All advice, information, views, opinions or statements, etc. offered by '
Turtle1000
' is taken at a readers 'own risk & responsibility' and 'Without Prejudice'.

Should a reader wish to undertake action following advice, information, views, opinions or statements, etc. by '
Turtle1000
', it is recommended that full & proper legal consulation be first made before any implimentation or undertakings.