Refund from ebay seller

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

leaving feedback now is losing a lever you can use later.;)

How do you figure that?

Leaving appropriate factual feedback now will at least warn other prospective bidders about the way in which this seller operates.

eg.'Goods damaged,no refund,court proceedings commenced'

Threatening to leave negative feedback if a refund is not forthcoming is termed as a form of 'Blackmail' by ebay and the buyer could receive sanctions from ebay.

If the seller files for a return of their selling fees as the buyer hasn't paid [he paid the seller's 'friend' direct,I believe] the buyer will get a strike from ebay as a non paying bidder.

It would seem that the buyer should move on with making a claim through the court as the seller might suddenly 'find' some money when the court paperwork arrives!

It is unfortunately the buyer at fault here from ebay's perspective. It's all with hindsight but put baldly, the buyer sent money to a stranger not known to ebay and at an address not listed and verified with them. Ebay are not exactly my favourite organisation but how on earth can they be expected to do anything here?

I'm afraid the advice from middenmess seems the only way forward to me.

At the end of the day, i don't really expect ebay to assist, I know it is in reality outside their remit. I do feel however that launching a claim in the small claims court is my only way of possibly recouping the funds, I was just hoping (beyond hope) that it wouldn't come to this. I have emailed ebay for their position, and I will give the seller one last chance to change their mind about the refund, but then it is on to the "heads you win, tails you lose" scenario of the claims system :mad:

I do feel for you. Ebay shout so loud about being a safe place to buy/sell but you are only under their protective umbrella if you follow their procedures. It's all too easy to be fleeced if you don't know the system inside out and backwards.

amajor problem here is that when the CCA was written (and redrafted), the distance selling regs and so on, noone gave a thought to these third/4th parties like ebay, paypl etc.

It has created a bit of a kerfuffle that will need the courts to sort out. I'm going to speak to a couple of friends in the know and get their opinion. May be a few days though.

Thanks gyzmo, he replied today that he had spoken with the courier and they had asked him the cost of the damage, make, colour of bike etc, etc and would send out a form for him to complete, but regardless of this, I would have rejected the bike because of it's description even if it wasn't damaged. But I'm not going to wade in swinging for the moment, but I rwally need another bike, all this walking in the sun is sending me funny:shock: