Help with EON final bill even though mum is with British Gas **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK. I will phone them when i am at my mum's on sunday as i only have a mobile phone. Mum has never received a new gas card off EON cos she still uses her old British Gas prepayment card.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Gawd, you lot are a lot more patient than I would be. Personally, once I get threatograms, the gloves are off and my letter to them would be on the lines of:

"Dear Morons,

What part of "I am not your customer and don't owe you anything" do you not understand?

If that still doesn't get through, see you in court, should be fun watching you try to convince a judge I owe you money when I have been on a prepayment meter with BG for 8 yrs".

or words to that effect. ;-)

You say your mum was with Eon previously, did she have a token meter by any chance when she was with Eon or has it always been a key meter?

She had EON for her electricity previously and that was on a key meter. She has always had prepayment meters in the house ever since she moved in 8 years ago.

Hi Blondmusic

Just nipped in on your thread to give a little support--Eon are bullys and morons!!

I am dealing with an estate of an old lady who died--she owes a few hundred pounds. I told them they will get paid once the estate is sorted and her house sold (in the next few weeks)

Guess what---they sent one of their computer generated threatening letters to me!! Threatening with court/bailiffs and to damage my (me as executor) credit rating!

I've bounced a formal complaint and I am currently seeking compo. apparently they have a policy of no compensation---or so one of their morons said. They'll have to raid their piggy bank!

If they dont pay up the costs of my postage, time and tel calls I will be reporting them to every organisation available---they really annoy me with there bully boy tactics.

I feel sorry for your mum ---go on and wipe the floor with these idiots and report the bullys to the utility orgs and try and get the press involved.

I'd want Eons head on a platter if they threatened my mum like that

Keep a record of all your letters to them and send them recorded or special delivery --for evidence

You are in safe hands on this fab site

Good luck with EON morons:D

Hi blondmusic, just adding support also - I fought EON for a friend and won bt OMG they are useless!

Get straight onto the regulator and lodge a complaint. They should approach EON on your behalf initially and force them to deal with the complaint.

And they DO have a compensation policy (I have that in an e-mail from them ;)) and my friend got £30 for the costs involved in her fighting with them and £75 compensation.

Best of luck to you

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• 3 months later...

Ok. I think it is time for an update.

We got a letter back of EON in July promising to look into the situation then another letter a day later off UDS. I phoned EON who told us to ignore the letter off UDS as they were investigating.

It turns out my mum was wrongly transferred to EON without her knowledge and EON had never bothered to send her a card for her meter so all the payments went to British Gas. EON said they will recover the money from British Gas and leave my mum alone.

I thought i was getting through to them when another letter arrived from UDS dated 16th of September saying they were taking legal action. My mum phoned me in tears so i said i would sort it. I phoned EON and gave them what for. I told them i have had enough and if they dont sort it out i would contact the newspapers and BBC Watchdog. They apologised and promised we would get no more letters as they were claiming the money back of British Gas.

Just as i thought it was all over my mum received another letter off EON dated 28th of October 2009 still demanding money!! I was fuming with steam coming out of my ears this time.

I called EON and demanded to speak to someone in complaints. I gave them the account number and relayed the saga again. They apologised again saying that they can only put a hold on letters for 28 days and if the amount has not been paid the letters start again. They told me that it takes up to 12 weeks to recover the money off British Gas but i said that is not my problem. They said they requested the money off British Gas in August so it should be paid this month. I asked for compensation for the distress they have put my mum through but they refused.

They have put a hold on the letters again this time i hope it will be the end of it.

I phoned the Energy Ombudsman who gave me an email address at EON so i could complain. I emailed EON and they apologised (again) and offered 4 energy saving lightbulbs as compensation. I was insulted so i emailed them back asking for £50 compensation for my mum to cover the distress they caused, a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates. I am waiting to hear what they say about it.

Guest HeftyHippo

eon are incompetent uncaring bullies.

This phone number is for a higher level of complaints, bypassing the usual 'complaint dept' you get when you call their usual number. 0845 300 6301

When you call, get the name of the person you speak to - FIRST, before you go into details

Be very forthright in your condemnation of them and tell them your mother is in tears and her health is being harmed. Everytime you tell them a new point, say thing slike "can you understand how she feels?" "can you imagine how scared she is at the threat of being cut off just before Xmas" "do you undersatnd how upset she is when youpromis it'll be sorted and then she gets another threatening letter? "" can you imagine how much time I've spent trying to sort this out" " how would you feel at being told it'll be sorted out, and then get a letter demonstrating that NOTHING has been done?" "How would YOU feel at not being able to go out in case someone breaks into your house and cuts your fuel off?" "if this was your mother, what would you think of the company doing this" "if you read about this sort of uncaring, incompetent attitude in the newspaper, or saw it on local TV news, what would you think of the company? would you want to be their customer?" Keep pressing the PERSONAL angle - this is a real person being harassed, an elderly vulnerable person who has done nothing wrong.

Demand that they put an immediate end to collection activities and demand a 100% guarantee from the person you speak to that this will happen. Don't take anything less - you have done in the past and they've not honoured it.

Tell them you want a full explanation as to why the situation arose re teh transfer

You want a full explanation why they are still pursuing the matter after they have told you what has happened

You want a full and unreserved apology for the distress your mother has been put to

You want compensaion for the harm, and your time is sorting THEIR mistake

Don't allow them to say YOU have to put it in writing. You are telling THEM on the phone. What is a complaint line for? If the complaints person doesn't follow it up, that's his choice. you have made yor complaint and you expect them to act.

At the end, summarise your complaints and what you expect from them (make a list before calling), and ask for acknowledgement of your complaints within 7 days and your demands, a copy of their complaints policy, and a date for when they will close their complaint and answer you in detail in writing.

HeftyHippo. Thanks for the advice. I complained using email to the Director of Customer Service and i am waiting for another reply.

I am the Queen of complaining as very few people do it better than me. I am not bothered about my time but if they refuse my compensation request then i will take your advice and call them.

By the way my mum is not elderly. I am only 31 and she is 48. She is vunerable though as she has 5 kids aged from 8 to 15 and my dad who is ill after a heart attack (she is his carer) so she did not need any of this hence the reason i am dealing with it.

Thanks for all the help from everyone. I will keep you all updated.

Guest HeftyHippo

I'm glad your mother isn't elderly........... but eon don't know that, and it doesn't matter how old you are when eon cut you off in winter, and the possibility that they say they won't cut her off, and then do it, IS real. The fact that your dad is ill makes it even worse, because the stress of knowing all this is going on could give him another heart attack

as for putting things on hold for 28 days............. bull snot. What that shows is that the person speaking such clap trap is low in the food chain. Look at the facts - they know British Gas owes them money not your mother, they know it takes ages to get the money off BG, but can only suspend recovery for 28 days? And then they harass your mother again even though they know she doesn't owe it, BG does? Does that sound reasonable? So why suspend recovery for only 28 days?

Its more than 28 days since eon starting investigating my complaint, and not a word about recovery

Well they have finally sorted it out. I spoke to the Director of Customer Service who said my mum should never have received any letters. He has now wiped the balance off the account so my mum wont get any more letters.

They have offered her £50 in Compensation along with an Eco Kettle free of charge!! It just goes to show you dont have to take it lying down. Fight back against companies and win.

Congratulations !!!! Well done!!

What bugs me is that the likes of you have the skills and determination to fight these bullies but there are thousand who are just terrified by the big bullies for this type of organisation (or should I say disorganisation)

Well done !!! You've one one for the little people