Does anyone know much about noise abatement orders?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A local venue has been served with one due to their noise levels. The venue has been there for years and more recently some developers built some flats about 100-150m away. One resident has complained and now it is likely that the venue will lose it's music license.

Here are some articles:

Birmingham Post - News - West Midlands News - Digbeth pub The Rainbow facing closure after noise complaints

Digbeth pub The Rainbow facing closure after noise complaints | Pete Ashton

Birmingham Mail - What's On - Gig Reviews - Review: Joss Stone at The Rainbow in Digbeth

http://www.birminghamitsnot****.co.uk/2009/02/at-the-end-of-the-rainbow-theres-a-crock-of-****.html

Project X Presents – Music Is Not Pollution|Mr Elephant Presents

Digbeth is Good The Rainbow facing closure

Your opinions on this would be really useful as I love this venue and perform there frequently myself.

If you are on facebook please join our group:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=215693995444

Anyhows... I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the actual law we are talking about here? I want to read up on what the council has to adhere to and what the venue can do moving this forward.

Thanks!

This may be of help. It's guidance from DEFRA to Local Authorities about how to deal with noise complaints in licensed premises. It details what they are allowed to do and reverences the appropriate Acts.

Oh thanks.. That is great!