Spam Getting to Grips with Halifax.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Elsa :)

I did calm down eventually and rang the customer complaints desk.. they agreed that the situation was a tad stupid and rang the SAR team for me.

They told me that whenever requesting SAR or CA to make postal order out to HBOS Plc and that despite different contact addresses being given they end up in the same place i.e. the SAR team, so to send them both back in the same envelope.

She has also credited my bank account with a fiver to cover the cost of postage and phone call so thats a fiver off my overdraft at least.. ;)

As I said in my silly question thread in the Halifax forum I'm now looking for things to complain about to see if I can write off the balance...:p

The smile is back, and the paper bag lies dormant at the front door awaiting the next missive from the postman.

Spam.:)

( Elsa- been trying to rep you for the last couple of days advice but they won't let me...:( so consider yourself 'repped in public'.... THANK YOU :grin:)

Edited by Spamalot
  • Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Er, hello... Why are you even calling them? You've been more than reasonable in even sending it back to them with written instructions - if their monkeys can't even understand that, I can't understand why you're trying to mop their mess up. For me, this would be a case of waiting for the 40 day period from their receipt of your original request to pass, then I'd hit them with a S.A.R. non-compliance claim to force their compliance with it. They can't seriously expect a Judge to consider their behaviour as reasonable in this situation.

Er, hello... Why are you even calling them? You've been more than reasonable in even sending it back to them with written instructions - if their monkeys can't even understand that, I can't understand why you're trying to mop their mess up. For me, this would be a case of waiting for the 40 day period from their receipt of your original request to pass, then I'd hit them with a S.A.R. non-compliance claim to force their compliance with it. They can't seriously expect a Judge to consider their behaviour as reasonable in this situation.

as car says you are making a rod for your own back

now you've started it though at least make sure you remind them that irrespective of the banking of the funds their "time " started way back

I know, I know...:oops: I still have trouble fighting the big boys and standing up for myself! I will be keeping an eye on the time they are due to respond though... the original requests I sent have the reg post bar codes on them from the first delivery so they are the ones I will be quoting when they go overdue...

Spam. :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

( Elsa- been trying to rep you for the last couple of days advice but they won't let me...:Cry: so consider yourself 'repped in public'.... THANK YOU :grin:)

Awww..I just saw this, you are a sweetie! No thanks needed I get just as much support & friendship back :)

Just catching up as my OH was on holiday, so could only get on here for short periods without neglecting him too much! (Till the tennis started, which he likes, but it bores me to death, but at least I get some me time back LOL)

Plus building a duck house (unfortunately can't claim it on MY expenses) ready for the babies arriving on Sunday. No crispy duck jokes!

Take care,

Elsa xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

As a result of my SAR I have received a copy of the agreement ( which I already had) and a statement of account.

On the statement it shows exactly £100. worth of charges.

A £20 charge a £30 charge and a £50 charge with no explanation as to what these charges refer to.

I think the £20 refers to them not being able to collect the amount from my current account because I had exceeded my overdraft but as to the others who knows!

There was nothing about charges on the agreement so can anyone tell me if this is unlawful or not.. I do have a table of charges which was sent after the defaults. In fact I didn't receive it until March this year but that's the first I'd heard of them and also this is the first time that I knew charges had been added to the account..?

Thoughts anybody

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spam, I am just subbing as I was in exactly the same situation as you and they have taken me to court over it. They could not produce a default notice only a "style" default notice. I dont know where to turn either. They are asking me to accept the agreement is enforceable and withdraw my defence.

My interest calculations were wrong also by £8.00 per month. I thought a rate of interest was a prescribed term. See you learn something new every day.

Good luck

HH

Morning Spammie :)

I think the £50 is a charge for Default Notice issue?

They should surely have detailed what the Charges are for, and included a key to any abbreviations. You should have got much more than that..screen shots of your customer records etc.

Just a thought...which SAR template did you use? This sounds more like a response to the Bank Charges template than the debt oriented letter...

Hope you're OK hun,

Elsa x

PS I'll be back on here as per usual on Monday morning, another holiday week for my OH has kept me busy..

Thanks for the support Hammy... I shall subscribe to your thread and see if we can beat them together! :rolleyes:

Hi Elsa.. Welcome Back... hows the ducks? ;)

Back to business... thinking on it, the reply could have been to my CA request... It didn't actually say as far as I remember so I could have had a bit of a senior moment about that :oops:... I'll have a check.

I am a bit concerned though, because despite my bravado and saying I won't pay them because of the dodgy default etc. Thay haven't actually said that the agreement is terminated and I'm wondering If I'm not in as strong a position as I thought I was..:eek: There's been a lot of speculation on the dodgy default thread while you've been away and it's left me in a bit of a quandry over this one.

Anyhoo, I shall get my ten ton Halifax folder out and check the corres again..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I was catching up on the DN thread earlier. Trouble is, many people on here know more about it than the judge will!

The ducks are fine..but don't like rain!!!!

(They're not waterproof yet..usually its mother duck who passes on her own waterproofing oil to them, but they've only got me...:eek:)

Here they are...:)

duckscropped1.jpg

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Awww..I just saw this, you are a sweetie! No thanks needed I get just as much support & friendship back :)

Just catching up as my OH was on holiday, so could only get on here for short periods without neglecting him too much! (Till the tennis started, which he likes, but it bores me to death, but at least I get some me time back LOL)

Plus building a duck house (unfortunately can't claim it on MY expenses) ready for the babies arriving on Sunday. No crispy duck jokes!

Take care,

Elsa xx

people would be quakcers to even try!

Keep it down you two... I've got pigeons hatching on my windowsill..:p

Just to get back to the matter in hand... It's true... I did have a senior moment and the Ca and statements were as a result of my CA request.:oops:

The £50 charge could be for either.. Default expired or Instruction of agency to collect balance and the £30 charge would appear to be for a Pre- Default notice.

Personally, I think £30 & £50 for a piece of paper to be sent second class to me is a mite expensive and they should think about changing their delivery service and paper suppliers.

Disgruntled Spam. :(

You can carry on now children. :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Nitty Gritty time..

Well, SAR reveals that interest has been suspended on the loan...not stopped.:( Therefore I'm beginning to feel that as they've been covering their tracks with arrears notices recently, HBOS may have been doing their homework and claiming an 'unlawful termination' after a dodgy default could prove to be a bit of a problem...

I suspect they will keep this up 'til the end of the 'term' so I don't think the prospects of getting this one written off are looking too good.

Anyhoo, all advice welcomed from the knowledgeable ones out there...and as per usual I will keep digging and delving:D

Spam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nitty Gritty time..

Well, SAR reveals that interest has been suspended on the loan...not stopped.:( Therefore I'm beginning to feel that as they've been covering their tracks with arrears notices recently,

do these have all the correct amounts on spam?

HBOS may have been doing their homework and claiming an 'unlawful termination' after a dodgy default could prove to be a bit of a problem...

bit of a conflab going on abt this here spam:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/208663-tale-dodgy-dn-further-28.html#post2345200

however, if u go back to x20s posts on the original thread he sorts that aspect out i believe. not easy to get ur head round but i think he basically states that even an unlawful termination can be allowed in law, therefore there are no grounds for further issuance of DNs, unless of course u agree to reinstate the contract.

I suspect they will keep this up 'til the end of the 'term' so I don't think the prospects of getting this one written off are looking too good.

comes down to the DJ on the day i spose, but u can only put the facts in front of them as best u can and hope u get a good one.

Anyhoo, all advice welcomed from the knowledgeable ones out there...and as per usual I will keep digging and delving:D

sorry abt the knowledgeable bit !!

Spam. :)

keep goin spam, gets a bit daunting on the run up to the hearing but its like a big match, all ok once u get under way...