• Tweets

• Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is this Halifax CCA enforceable please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, just to let everyone know what is going on with this case.... Halifax are cacking it!!!! They sent around a debt collector from Power2Contact.... I asked him what he was doing at my home, and he advised me that he was from a company who track people down for banks when they have lost contact!!! I told him that I am in written correspondence with Halifax since April, anyway after a lengthy heated convo with the lady on the phne I recieved a swift apology from DCA man.... Other then OFT who else can I complain to? Can I put in a complaint with the FSA?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, just to let everyone know what is going on with this case.... Halifax are cacking it!!!! They sent around a debt collector from Power2Contact.... I asked him what he was doing at my home, and he advised me that he was from a company who track people down for banks when they have lost contact!!! I told him that I am in written correspondence with Halifax since April, anyway after a lengthy heated convo with the lady on the phne I recieved a swift apology from DCA man.... Other then OFT who else can I complain to? Can I put in a complaint with the FSA?

Trading standards.

Although I have not heard about my complaint regarding P2C yet, although it has been acknowleged.

The concensus seems to be that the FSA are becoming just a trade body.;)

how did you find the actual face to face meeting? did it (hopefully) make you realise that such visits are in fact a total non event and nothing to fear?

did you say lost the contract or contact.

GOOD GOD I AM SURE THESE PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.

WHAT REALY WORRIES ME IS THESE PEOPLE ARE USING MY (TAX) MONEY AND THE REST OF US COMPLETE AND OTHER SHAMBLES PLEASE REPORT . IF WAS ME I WOULD REPORT THIS TO MY MP

THE VERY BEST REGARDS LILLY

Thanks for the advice Lillywhite....I meant lost contact...

Ok, after having spoken to the DSAR department of Halifax, I have been advised that they cannot issue me with default notices/termination notices/notices of assignment as the do not form part of a relevant filing system and are issued automatically as and when needed.... I really need the Defaults/Termination Notices I am pretty sure they will be dodgy, is there any way that I can push them on this?

Thanks for the advice Lillywhite....I meant lost contact...

Ok, after having spoken to the DSAR department of Halifax, I have been advised that they cannot issue me with default notices/termination notices/notices of assignment as the do not form part of a relevant filing system and are issued automatically as and when needed.... I really need the Defaults/Termination Notices I am pretty sure they will be dodgy, is there any way that I can push them on this?

they are printed off as and when so i would imagine that no actual copies exist.

• 2 weeks later...

ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Jus had a D1kh3d from Albion call me on behalf of Halifax....after I advised him that the account was in dispute he asked me what the dispute was for and he would help me solve it(!) I told him I want Halifax to provide me with a copy of my CCA and then I'll make payments to the account again, to which he replied well what your doing is fraud!!!!!!! I went ballistic, The guy wouldnt give me his full name as I wanted to make an official complaint..... Bl00dy B.......trd!!!

ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Jus had a D1kh3d from Albion call me on behalf of Halifax....after I advised him that the account was in dispute he asked me what the dispute was for and he would help me solve it(!) I told him I want Halifax to provide me with a copy of my CCA and then I'll make payments to the account again, to which he replied well what your doing is fraud!!!!!!! I went ballistic, The guy wouldnt give me his full name as I wanted to make an official complaint..... Bl00dy B.......trd!!!

Complain to Halifax, OFT & TS. There will be a call log. Obviously mention the fraud comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guy, not much update on this just yet, however, seeing as this account has been terminated are Halifax still allowed to add interest/charges and conduct collections activity on this?

After having sent them the I accept your unlawful termination letter, I am still being harassed by Albion and Halifax, what would you suggest my next port of call should be? Other then the complaints going to OFT and TS, I was thinking of writin a strongy worded letter to the complaints department...?

Any advice anyone please...

Hi guy, not much update on this just yet, however, seeing as this account has been terminated are Halifax still allowed to add interest/charges and conduct collections activity on this?

After having sent them the I accept your unlawful termination letter, I am still being harassed by Albion and Halifax, what would you suggest my next port of call should be? Other then the complaints going to OFT and TS, I was thinking of writin a strongy worded letter to the complaints department...?

Any advice anyone please...

They do not have a clue what each department is doing.

No they should not add interest after the termination, unless there is a term in your agreement that allows interest to be added at this point. The agreement has ended, there is no account so where are they going to add it to.

Your DN & TN probably came from Charlotte Gur******. They do not appear to tell the rest of the business what they have done. I have the same problem. They have unlawfully recinded the agreement, but still adding charges and interest, plus sending statements.

You need to respond with a letter quoting the person, date of DN and date of TN insisting that they stop sending statements and adding costs to a closed agreement. Do not send them copies of the notices at this stage. Make them work. If they get to court, they will not have copies of these letters.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys not much of an update on this at the moment, except Halifax have agreed to write off the interest and charges they added since the account has been defaulted and terminated. The account has now been passed from Albion Collections to Blair Oliver Scott, I'm sensing this is getting closer to court stage, to which I look forward to so that the matter can be solved once and for all..... However, if the court's do find in favour of Halifax for some reason or other, will this mean that I cannot claim back the interest and charges on the account, as the current outstanding balance is probabley 65% charges and interest.

Vint do you mean the claiming charges and interest is a seperate issue to the CCA issue? Should I go ahead and put in a claim for the charges and interest and PPI they have added to my account, which amounts to over half the outstanding balance?

Yes, the ppi and interest is to do with claiming money back.

If you are going down the CCA route, then this usually means that you will want to dispute the agreement. CCA will not give you default sums. SAR is the best route to get statements to reclaim charges, ppi and interest.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys no update with regards to this as yet, all quiet, account is back with Halifax DCA Blair Oliver Scott, waiting for them to take me to court so that I can have this mess settled once and for all...!! In the mean time, I am starting my claim back for PPI and charges (which amounts to over half the balance)!!