Is this Halifax CCA enforceable please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, just to let everyone know what is going on with this case.... Halifax are cacking it!!!! They sent around a debt collector from Power2Contact.... I asked him what he was doing at my home, and he advised me that he was from a company who track people down for banks when they have lost contact!!! I told him that I am in written correspondence with Halifax since April, anyway after a lengthy heated convo with the lady on the phne I recieved a swift apology from DCA man.... Other then OFT who else can I complain to? Can I put in a complaint with the FSA?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, just to let everyone know what is going on with this case.... Halifax are cacking it!!!! They sent around a debt collector from Power2Contact.... I asked him what he was doing at my home, and he advised me that he was from a company who track people down for banks when they have lost contact!!! I told him that I am in written correspondence with Halifax since April, anyway after a lengthy heated convo with the lady on the phne I recieved a swift apology from DCA man.... Other then OFT who else can I complain to? Can I put in a complaint with the FSA?

Trading standards.

Although I have not heard about my complaint regarding P2C yet, although it has been acknowleged.

The concensus seems to be that the FSA are becoming just a trade body.;)

how did you find the actual face to face meeting? did it (hopefully) make you realise that such visits are in fact a total non event and nothing to fear?

did you say lost the contract or contact.

GOOD GOD I AM SURE THESE PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.

WHAT REALY WORRIES ME IS THESE PEOPLE ARE USING MY (TAX) MONEY AND THE REST OF US COMPLETE AND OTHER SHAMBLES PLEASE REPORT . IF WAS ME I WOULD REPORT THIS TO MY MP

THE VERY BEST REGARDS LILLY

Thanks for the advice Lillywhite....I meant lost contact...

Ok, after having spoken to the DSAR department of Halifax, I have been advised that they cannot issue me with default notices/termination notices/notices of assignment as the do not form part of a relevant filing system and are issued automatically as and when needed.... I really need the Defaults/Termination Notices I am pretty sure they will be dodgy, is there any way that I can push them on this?

Thanks for the advice Lillywhite....I meant lost contact...

Ok, after having spoken to the DSAR department of Halifax, I have been advised that they cannot issue me with default notices/termination notices/notices of assignment as the do not form part of a relevant filing system and are issued automatically as and when needed.... I really need the Defaults/Termination Notices I am pretty sure they will be dodgy, is there any way that I can push them on this?

they are printed off as and when so i would imagine that no actual copies exist.

• 2 weeks later...

ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Jus had a D1kh3d from Albion call me on behalf of Halifax....after I advised him that the account was in dispute he asked me what the dispute was for and he would help me solve it(!) I told him I want Halifax to provide me with a copy of my CCA and then I'll make payments to the account again, to which he replied well what your doing is fraud!!!!!!! I went ballistic, The guy wouldnt give me his full name as I wanted to make an official complaint..... Bl00dy B.......trd!!!

ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Jus had a D1kh3d from Albion call me on behalf of Halifax....after I advised him that the account was in dispute he asked me what the dispute was for and he would help me solve it(!) I told him I want Halifax to provide me with a copy of my CCA and then I'll make payments to the account again, to which he replied well what your doing is fraud!!!!!!! I went ballistic, The guy wouldnt give me his full name as I wanted to make an official complaint..... Bl00dy B.......trd!!!

Complain to Halifax, OFT & TS. There will be a call log. Obviously mention the fraud comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guy, not much update on this just yet, however, seeing as this account has been terminated are Halifax still allowed to add interest/charges and conduct collections activity on this?

After having sent them the I accept your unlawful termination letter, I am still being harassed by Albion and Halifax, what would you suggest my next port of call should be? Other then the complaints going to OFT and TS, I was thinking of writin a strongy worded letter to the complaints department...?

Any advice anyone please...

Hi guy, not much update on this just yet, however, seeing as this account has been terminated are Halifax still allowed to add interest/charges and conduct collections activity on this?

After having sent them the I accept your unlawful termination letter, I am still being harassed by Albion and Halifax, what would you suggest my next port of call should be? Other then the complaints going to OFT and TS, I was thinking of writin a strongy worded letter to the complaints department...?

Any advice anyone please...

They do not have a clue what each department is doing.

No they should not add interest after the termination, unless there is a term in your agreement that allows interest to be added at this point. The agreement has ended, there is no account so where are they going to add it to.

Your DN & TN probably came from Charlotte Gur******. They do not appear to tell the rest of the business what they have done. I have the same problem. They have unlawfully recinded the agreement, but still adding charges and interest, plus sending statements.

You need to respond with a letter quoting the person, date of DN and date of TN insisting that they stop sending statements and adding costs to a closed agreement. Do not send them copies of the notices at this stage. Make them work. If they get to court, they will not have copies of these letters.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys not much of an update on this at the moment, except Halifax have agreed to write off the interest and charges they added since the account has been defaulted and terminated. The account has now been passed from Albion Collections to Blair Oliver Scott, I'm sensing this is getting closer to court stage, to which I look forward to so that the matter can be solved once and for all..... However, if the court's do find in favour of Halifax for some reason or other, will this mean that I cannot claim back the interest and charges on the account, as the current outstanding balance is probabley 65% charges and interest.

Vint do you mean the claiming charges and interest is a seperate issue to the CCA issue? Should I go ahead and put in a claim for the charges and interest and PPI they have added to my account, which amounts to over half the outstanding balance?

Yes, the ppi and interest is to do with claiming money back.

If you are going down the CCA route, then this usually means that you will want to dispute the agreement. CCA will not give you default sums. SAR is the best route to get statements to reclaim charges, ppi and interest.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys no update with regards to this as yet, all quiet, account is back with Halifax DCA Blair Oliver Scott, waiting for them to take me to court so that I can have this mess settled once and for all...!! In the mean time, I am starting my claim back for PPI and charges (which amounts to over half the balance)!!