hceo to ltd co. at home address advice pls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there.

the picture, limited company of which i was not a director, had its registered office at my home address, we traded for 4 years the business ceased trading march 11, no winding up as yet, as no IP would take it as no assets to value for the insilvncy costs, best hope is a creditor winding up order, but nothing as yet.

a hceo has posted a formal notice to collect a debt, incidentally the business name on the paperwork is incorrect.

i understand that they cannot enter my house, as it is a residential address.

we did have a small shed type building in the back garden, which was the office, it currently has a collection of odds and ends in it, there are no assets of the company of any value, and there are no assets in the house,

any ideas please.

regards

martin

Ideas for what mate? I take it you don't wish to pay the debt? :rolleyes:

Firstly, no, a ltd company, there's very little HCEO's can do. Make sure you issue an officer with a claim for the goods in your house, saying the goods are owned by you personally (or someone else). You can also issue a claim for the office goods (unless you want him to take them). Most likely they'll threaten to Wind-up the company, but just let them! Saves you a lot of money. However, they'll probably only do this if it's worth it. If there's nothing left of the company, it should go away.

Please note however, there have instances where ltd company directors have been chased personally. I know i've seen it happen.

Please remember that thousands of people every day set-up phoney companies to trade under. Then they fold and open up with a slightly different name and cancel out all their old debts. Please bear in mind the companies that lose money every day to bad debts.

Hope that helps :D

".....till Debt do us part...." :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi there

i think the word ideas was the wrong word,

its not a case of not wanting to pay the debts of the business, the ltd company has failed after trading for 4 years, i as an employee was out of work for 8 weeks.

there are obviously a number of loose ends, and what i dont want to happen is for people to start taking property from my house.

i will be speaking to the hceo this morning, and informing them of the situation.

regards

martin

To get a bit of breathing space it may be worth also pointing out to the HCEO that the name is incorrect - they will often say this is a typing error, but really if the name is incorrect they would have to return it to court for amending but this can be done very quickly.

As previous comments I suggest that you send a notice of claim on the goods in your house etc., and put in writing that that the company has no assets at your property. Also invite the claimants to wind your company up - and I think you will find it stops there! It will cost far too much for them and unless they are insured against companies going insolvent (which most don't) they will wite if off.. Good luck!