• Tweets

• Had a previous car loan with this lot. Included in the amount (prior to added interest) on this agreement, is the outstanding balance from the previous loan. This outstanding balance had already been subject to hefty interest on the 1st loan, yet on this agreement they added interest to it again! Also, where it states that the particular Ts and Cs (ref # removed) form part of the agreement, the Ts and Cs they've sent, which they say are part of the agreement, but they are not- they have a different reference number to the Ts and Cs which form part of the (original) agreement. agreeandterm.pdf
    • I would only rely on your solicitor in this regard. The other two should not have a view.   And, you are responsible for how the court perceive you. They only have your words and deeds to go on. Expecting them to magically see things your way is not a great tactic.
    • Yes, I don't think there is any downside to doing this. If they decline then you can say that in your witness statement
    • Ok! Do you still want me to work on that letter you discussed above in post #26?
    • Thank you for posting up the required details and well done for apparently not revealing the identity of the driver. I am assuming you are the keeper? The depth of ignorance of the parking companies is absolutely amazing. The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 is the law relating to private parking and allows those rogues to be able to transfer the charge from the driver [whose name they do not know] to the keeper after 28 days . This is dependent on them complying with the Act. So many of the don't and Alliance is no different. It would help if we could see what you appeal was and to post the back of the PCN as it is lacking so much of the wording necessary to make it compliant so that in your case only the driver is liable to pay the charge. And of course just entering the ANPR arrival times means that they have failed to specify the parking time which is a requirement..  Because the car park was so busy you had to drive around for quite a while before finally finding a place to park which is when the parking period may  actually begin. The poor dears at Alliance have not grasped that particular part of the legislation as yet. To be fair the Act has only been in place for 12 years so one must make allowances for their stupidity . We shouldn't really mock them- but it is fun. You weren't to know but the chances of winning an appeal against Alliance and the IPC is around 5%-and that is high for them. If they allow you to cancel they lose the chance of making money and they would have had a field day when you were there with so many people being caught overstaying because of the chaos in trying to find a parking space then trying to pay.  Your snotty letter could go something like this- Dear Cretins, Yes I mean you Alliance. After 12 years one would have thought that even you could produce a compliant PCN. Did you really think I would pay you a penny extra considering the time I wasted trying  to pay with  long queues at the parking machine, then trying to get a signal to call Just Park. On top of that you then had the cheek to ask for an additional £70 for what dubious unspecified pleasure? You must have made a killing that day charging all those motorists for overstaying because the queues to pay were do long and even walking to pay from the over flow parking fields takes time. And yes I did take photos of the non existent signs in the fields so please don't give me the usual rubbish about your signs being clearly visible. Oh yes that £70. Please tell me and the Court whether that charge included VAT and if it did, why am I being charged to pay your vat? I am sure the Judge would look carefully at that as well as the Inland Revenue. The truth is you had no reasonable cause to ask the DVLA for my data given the chaos at your car park and I believe that you therefore breached my GDPR...................... I expect others will give their views as well.          
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Can we claim charges and interest back even if disputing the cca? Pitfalls in doing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya all

im just wondering if we are disputing the cca,, then the company default us or sell to a dca,,,we still have not had our cca

would it be logical or not to claim the charges and interest to reduce the debt or get to a position that we reduce the debt with this claim and then challenge the cca either not enforceable or because we still have not had it

my charges are really not that much but if it did get to court i then suppose i could challenge the debt amount by requesting my charges and interest to reduce the debt at that point?

i would rather kick the whole debt into touch if it is unenforceable and challenge and get any defaults removed is far more important to me than claiming a few overlimit or late charges

What would be deemed to be pitfalls in my mind at the moment are that if i claim the charges back then is it seen as admitting to the debt?

just my thoughts on this sunny day - anyway i thought id put it out on the forum as its confusing me at the moment with all the creditors im facing at the moment

only ones ive claimed back and pending are bank charges,,,

cheers have a fun day laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

You can reclaim charges and interest where no agreement exists to allow them to be applied I have taken 2 catalogue companies and a credit card company to court over this and all three folded after claim issued through court. 1 refunded £640 the others both closed the account and wrote off debt.

dpick

Isn't taking a bank to court over charges applied to an account that you were never responsible for a little hypocritical Not that I am a fan of the bank's or anything (far from it) but I often wondered what reaction the banks would get in court if they turned round and said "oh we have no credit agreement therefore the debt is not legit?"

Just trying to think of the bigger picture!

On further thinking it may be a good idea to SAR the OC at the same time as you CCA (by CCAing you don't admit or deny the alleged debt) whoever's chasing you and then you can make a better decision which way to go.

hiya all

thank you very much for all your posts and thoughts,,, it really is something i wanted to highlight for new people coming to cag too,

im confused for myself and i remember starting to read so many threads in the beginning, i didnt understand everything but now that ive learnt a bit,,,although the confussion is a little there, i wanted to clarify further my own thinking and legalities

my own hunch for me is that ive started the cca route, then the sars on each creditor, some have come back with a valid cca but most have not

like i said for me the charges really are not an issue but would be only if there should be no cca then of course its a another scope of negotiation

i will come back later to each of you as you have pointed out stuff i was either aware of or you have now helped me understand it better

so i do hope this thread will help the novices too in the long run to make the right choices

cheers for now angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi ANGEL

my thoughts on the charges issue was if I disputed the debt because of the lack of a enforceable agreement then I wouldnt be able to go for charges back as above I beleived it was either one or the other,

however I thought I would chance it anyway,It worked for me I claimed charges amounting to £408 including the default £12 fees and they offered me a couple of quid short of this on the first letter..going back into the account of course.

now I dont know what implications this may bring if any down the line to court if it gets there but if it answers any questions on reclaiming charges back on a disputed account and I havent paid them a penny since december.(Barclaycard)

• 3 weeks later...

dpick and Angel,

This is a very interesting read, I've been defaulted by 2 catalogue companies and am very much disputing what I owe them in the first place, plus there's no CCA. In fact one has been passed to a DCA who has registered 2 identical defaults!! I'm desperately trying to resolve this and fully prepared to take court action against them. Dpick would be most interested to hear how you did it, who the companies were and if you had any defaults etc from them?

Many thanks

pinky :p

Isn't taking a bank to court over charges applied to an account that you were never responsible for a little hypocritical Not that I am a fan of the bank's or anything (far from it) but I often wondered what reaction the banks would get in court if they turned round and said "oh we have no credit agreement therefore the debt is not legit?"

Just trying to think of the bigger picture!

It's not hypocritical no, simply because in the absence of or with an unenforceable agreement it does not mean that the debt doesn't exist, it still does but is unenforceable.

hello all

very sorry not really been in on to tackle each of my threads fully but hope to keep on track from now on

ive a few that are now getting more aggressive so i know i must tackle these and whilst updating myself on where im at, i was just trying to see the bigger picture on stuff so thanks all for your posts

have a fun eve laters angel x

It's not hypocritical no, simply because in the absence of or with an unenforceable agreement it does not mean that the debt doesn't exist, it still does but is unenforceable.

again im trying to view this from all angles, of course maybe im wrong now with my thoughts

but say the account is unenforceable then in theory that should be it, but as we all know they try and keep adding on charges and interest, or some other dca gets it given to chase up, so if at a point in the future i would wish to offer them a full and final settlement then would nt it be right to claim the charges back to reduce the total figure and based on then the remaining amount offer a full and final and get defaults taken off at the same time

otherwise other option is wait on a fight in court and defend an unenforceable agreement and any not correct dn perhaps and any termination of the account, which may be only the arrears due if the judge would see it that way

if its enforceable then get a payment plan in and maybe in the future be able to offer a full and final settlement from a friend or someone

but then on this point would be able to claim the charges backs as a matter of course wouldnt we?

anyway as i said its a bit of a think tank type of thread to help others too

keep happy laters angel x