Mevsthem vs Halifax cca advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading default notice and letter i recived yesterday am i right in thinking that they have not allowed enough time for the default notice as its only the 29th october today. The letter I have just recieved must have been posted on the 26th at least, thats if they used first class post. Surely they are at fault

From reading default notice and letter i recived yesterday am i right in thinking that they have not allowed enough time for the default notice as its only the 29th october today. The letter I have just recieved must have been posted on the 26th at least, thats if they used first class post. Surely they are at fault

dont think they are defective in service - even if they did send it second class

now is the right time to send a SAR

i would (personally) write a short letter (sent proof of posting) acknowledging their letter of XXXX and noting that you accept that the account is now terminated.

use these exact words underlined

Hi, diddy I sent for a Sar a while ago and all i recieved was statements and nothing else. No agreements or applications just statements. Should I do this again ?

I am just about to send the letter 42man has posted do you think this is advisable ?

Many thanks for your advice

b

Hi, diddy I sent for a Sar a while ago and all i recieved was statements and nothing else. No agreements or applications just statements. Should I do this again ?

I am just about to send the letter 42man has posted do you think this is advisable ?

Many thanks for your advice

b

i know its after the event but IMO SAR before they have dn and terminted are usually a waste of time

i would send another asking for information from the time the last one went up to and up to date

Many Thanks Diddy will send another SAR off tommorow. Thanks for all replies, just off to do my last shift at work before being finished. Only thing im my favour now is that I may be eligable for a hardship case in reclaiming my £1800 worth of bank charges, what a year !

Many thanks again

b

• 4 weeks later...

Good Afternoon all, Just a quick update. Sent the letter 42Man advised and had no reply to it. Now I have had a few letters from a company called Albion collections basically saying you owe xxxx amount and to pay it immediatley otherwise legal action will be taken and a debt collector may visit my home. I spoke to them on the phone the other day and told them the account was in dispute and that I have lost my job so they are basically getting nothing. They even had cheek to ask if a family member would pay it. Im just wondering if I should send them some kind of letter, or should i just leave it. Many thanks for everyones help

regards

b

Ok thanks for that info, Truecall to be ordered this week will not speak with them ever again,

Thanks much appreciated

one neat trick with truecall is that if you do have a converstion with anyone, and half way through the converstion you think it would have been a good idea to recored it- you just hit the red button and it records all of the call, right back to the start of the call

neat or what!

Hi, recieved 2 letters yesterday regarding my gold account. One from the halifax and one from Albion. Could anyone please advise what would be a suitable reply as I really dont want anyone visiting my home. Also I have posted the cca reply to jog peoples memory.

Many thanks in advance

b

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/faulty500/goldnov2009.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/faulty500/albiongoldnov.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/faulty500/agreement1-1.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/faulty500/agreement2-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Have to disagree as they will call but it's pretty harmless.

Apolagies I didnt make myself clear before although they can come to your house they have no legal powers except the power to be told to "Sod off my property". What I meant was its just another way to try and get you to talk to the Halifax so they can try and scare some money out of you (that you allegedly owe them ;))

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"