littlewoods + capquest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope someone can help me, i got a letter today from capquest acting onbehalf of littlewoods direct who have sold them my debt, they say i owe £971.33 and want me to set up a payment plan with them, i am baffeled as i dont know where they got this from i have never had a statement off littlewoods and i cleared my account with them in 2003 and have not used it since, this is the first i have heared off this company since 2003 and can not understand why i have never had a leter off them to say i owe any amount, is there anything i can do about this , i have till the 2nd of june to contact them but was wondering for some advise as what to say as i never delt with this sort of problem before thankyou amanda

thankyou i will do do i need the statements as i dont have anything off them

No you don't need statements. As you say you cleared it in 2003 (and I presume the last time you acknowedged the debt or made a payment) it is probably statute barred anyway.

Once it reaches 6 years (5 in scotland) they can't pursue under the limitation act.

I personally would try and make sure that it was 2003 you last made a payment (and find out what month that was) and then when it reaches 6 years (it may have already) I would send the stat barred letter.

If you do send the cca request letter, make sure you head it ' I do not acknowledge any debt to you or the company you claim to represent.'

Edited by Nagasis