BMS Final demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i received a letter the other day from BMS demanding payment for a CCJ against me. While i do remember getting the CCJ i can't remember when it was, think i defaulted over 6 years ago. Is there anyway i can find the date of the CCJ as i no longer have the paperwork.

On a side issue they have spelt both my middle name and surname wrong!!

What i would like to know are what options are open to me.

Many thanks

thanks for that, i will have a look, but it only will cover the last 6 years wont it? Also it wasn't on my experien credit report when i last looked (3 weeks ago)

If it's older than six years it would have dropped off your credit file anyway, and for any creditor to try and take enforcement they would have to have leave of the court. To get that they would have to show a judge very good reason why they hadn't taken enforcement action earlier.

send them the SB letter to see what they come up with

letter M

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

let them prove that it isn't as above if over 6 years they have to take you back to court to enforce and even at that they need a sound proof reason why they havenlt enforced it.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

as a matter of interest i have sent a s/b letter (reply received 10.05.09) out before to a different company with the result that my account is now on hold for 28 days while they obtain the information required..... they then go on to ask me to forward to them any documents i may have!!!

they then go on to ask me to forward to them any documents i may have!!!

It's the standard claptrap they come out with. The onus of proof falls on them, you do not have to provide anything. When you sent the SB letter they now have to prove otherwise, if the try to continue collection activities they will be in clear breach of OFT guidelines and should be reported.

Hi all, think i'm been a bit thick here, but when would your account become SB? when you was defaulted on it or the date from the CCJ? or even last payment date

Sorry if its an obvious one!!!