ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... and then disappeared when the Site team and others offered to help with the defence....

strange that.

S. (suspicious nature)

Maybe it was something I said? :eek:

sorry to intrude on your thread, but i notice you have an attachment on here. can you please explain to me how to do this, i need to attach a copy of my loan agreement to my thread, thanks guys :confused:

The attachment on the forum generally produces thumbs to small to see. There's a new user guide (new user, not new guide ;)) in my signature that will help you, but follow the details to use Photobucket rather than attachments and it will work.

sorry to intrude on your thread, but i notice you have an attachment on here. can you please explain to me how to do this, i need to attach a copy of my loan agreement to my thread, thanks guys :confused:

Hi Dantripled

You need to upload the image to a hosting site, (photobucket works well and it's free).

All you need to do then is cut and paste the IMG code onto your post.

Make sure that you remove all identifying info from it including any acc numbers and barcodes.

Cheers

David

Hi I've been following your posts and thought it a good time to join in. I received my first accusatory letter at the start of September, stating I hadn't responded to a previous claim (which I didn't get, but have had some problems with my mail deliveries). That one asked for £500 with a threat of £1000 damages imminent. I have no idea why I'm linked to this and certainly will not pay anything having followed the comments thus far. What really made me realise the randomness of all this was when I got another letter yesterday with a lower settlement figure of £350 and then the same letter again this morning, but with blank sheets and all mixed up; clearly a rushed, duplicated mess which looked like a pile of papers someone had shovelled from the tray of a photocopier into an envelope. I sent one letter of denial after my first letter and will stick it out whatever.

Hi I've been following your posts and thought it a good time to join in. I received my first accusatory letter at the start of September, stating I hadn't responded to a previous claim (which I didn't get, but have had some problems with my mail deliveries). That one asked for £500 with a threat of £1000 damages imminent. I have no idea why I'm linked to this and certainly will not pay anything having followed the comments thus far. What really made me realise the randomness of all this was when I got another letter yesterday with a lower settlement figure of £350 and then the same letter again this morning, but with blank sheets and all mixed up; clearly a rushed, duplicated mess which looked like a pile of papers someone had shovelled from the tray of a photocopier into an envelope. I sent one letter of denial after my first letter and will stick it out whatever.

Can't get staff these days!

Hi and welcome.

This will probably stagger on for a while yet but I don't think you have much to fear.

David

Hi people. Just got my 3rd letter today. Originally i just ignored the first letter i received but i did send an LOD after the second one, The LOD was a mixture of the 2 Templates i was linked to on here.

I am Now unsure what to do now, should i send another LOD and just state what i did the last time?

I also read somewhere i can say that i will pursue to recover costs for all the time i have spent researching this etc?

Any info would be appreciated.

Also, like Kimputer my claim was dropped to £350.

many thanks

I am Now unsure what to do now, should i send another LOD and just state what i did the last time?

Don't really see that you have to do anything.

You have sent an LOD, if they choose not to accept it or ignore it, that makes no diference whatever to your position.

David

ACS appear to be sending random threats to thousands of people in the hope that they will get scared and pay. The amounts vary widely and seem to have no apparent structure :confused:

Have you reported them to the SRA yet? As the SRA are handling all the complaints against ACS as one case.

The amounts vary widely and seem to have no apparent structure :confused:

Hmmmmmmm..... that is 3 or 4 that I have seen recently where the ammount demanded is heading south.

I would imagine that as more and more people have wised up to them the returns are diminishing.

David

I'm a new member to here, but not to watching this post as I've also been caught up in this farce!

I am expecting to return home after work to find another brilliantly original ACS:Law letter telling me that they don't accept my third LOD.

I sent one, then I was informed that I hadn't and that if i didn't pay up they'd take me to court. My lawyer told me to send evidence that they received my letter and reinforce the fact that I have neither uploaded or authorised another to upload the work, which apparently is a template response?

So far I've only briefly spoken to my solicitor (I'm not in the mood to pay out large solicitors' fees then try to recoup them when it's found that I haven't done anything).

I finally sent a reply, again with the advice of my lawyer, but I somehow doubt that my unwillingness to send payment won't go down too well.

Remember, don't be threatened into paying!

How many people received letters today?

I'm a new member to here, but not to watching this post as I've also been caught up in this farce!

I am expecting to return home after work to find another brilliantly original ACS:Law letter telling me that they don't accept my third LOD.

I sent one, then I was informed that I hadn't and that if i didn't pay up they'd take me to court. My lawyer told me to send evidence that they received my letter and reinforce the fact that I have neither uploaded or authorised another to upload the work, which apparently is a template response?

So far I've only briefly spoken to my solicitor (I'm not in the mood to pay out large solicitors' fees then try to recoup them when it's found that I haven't done anything).

I finally sent a reply, again with the advice of my lawyer, but I somehow doubt that my unwillingness to send payment won't go down too well.

Remember, don't be threatened into paying!

How many people received letters today?

just a thought ,i also was sent a letter a while back saying the same thing,but in the next lod i inclosed proof that they did recive it and it was signed for ,i am begining to wonder did they get any of are lod.

in fact i would nt bother to reply anymore you have sent your denila,let him start an action he will be in real difficulties proving you alone downloaded this whatever it is so just give up worrying and get on with whatever you normally do...no amount of threats will matter a jot he will not go to court unless he wishes to payout loads of money for malicious prosecutions....and risk losing his licence just send your evidence and complaint to the law society let them deal with it the more they get the better it is for all,eventually they will have to act

The patten seems to be...they demand money, you deny it, they demand money, you deny it, they demand money, you deny it & so on..........what a truely professional company ACS Law are, a shining example to anyone who wants to follow their lead - i am simply in awe of them :rolleyes:

They/Andrew Crosseley (minus et. al.) are just so adept at these mind games. One moment I am so angry about it, then I think "maybe I should pay just to make it go away". You kinda just have to take a step back and realise they have no case, no proof and they're not worth the expended energy to open their letters.

The fact that they've pretended not to receive some people's correspondence either demonstrates the low depths they would seek to obtain a default judgement or that they can't organise a case for sh**, which is good for us, right?

Hi all, i have today received my 3rd letter from these crooks. I have received it 6 WEEKS!!!!! after i sent them my 2nd lod to them. Funnily though the amount they are demanding now within 21 days has reduced dramatically to £350????? They originally wanted £500... What is going on??????

Has anyone heard what happened to they forum member who received his big brown envelope? can't remember his id....

Same as above for me too :)

I like the part that says 'Our orginal offer has been withdrawn' then on the next sheet, the sum for payment is £150 less than the original :lol:

I also knew what the letter was going to say before even reading it, after seeing the same on here, not that I would ever accuse them of using a 'template' letter :D

I'll send off another LOD at some point.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks