Arrow Global

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I apologise if I am covering old ground here, but I am hoping someone might be able to give me some advice to my specific problem.

My previous house-mate recently called me to explain he'd opened some post at my previous address in London (I now live in the US and will be here for 2 years) and that is was a claim from the courts from a firm of solicitors representing Arrow Global Ltd.

I think they're chasing money from a Halifax credit card i had in 2001-2002, but which I never used. I remember getting a similar letter back in 2004, but I contacted them and told them I'd never used the card and had never received a statement listing the transactions. I guessed that it may have been some kind of credit card fraud. I certainly didn't feel that I should be liable. And I did not hear anything until last week when I head of the court claim.

I acknowledged the claim on the advice of a friend to avoid the solicitor entering judgement. I am uncertain what to do now though. I am also alarmed that had my housemate not opened this by chance I my have a CCJ against me without my knowledge.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

i would doubt a ccj at all

this debt is well statute barred.

sounds like a typical phishing letter.

the only real way to assertain what has gone on would be getting your cra file from say experian [creditexpert.co.uk]

you can do it free online with a card and get the results instantly, just remember to cancel the renewal by 28day from reg.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You should get hold of the document immediately by fax or by e-mail to understand exactly what it is and what it says. Then you will be able to proceed.