CCA - Help Required

squidward
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update....

Well after a wait of over 6 weeks my Abbey card CCA arrived :eek:

Could someone have a look not to sure if it's enforceable - just my luck if it is.

It arrived with a copy of their current T&C's and a Letter stating it meets all the prescribe terms.

Thanks Squidward

First Covering Letter

AbbeyletterCCA.jpg

Agreement Front

AbbeycardFront11.jpg

Agreement Back

AbbeycardBack1-1.jpg

Call Center Form

AbbeyCallCentreForm.jpg

I can Post up T&C's if anyone wants to take a look!

Edited by squidward

Update....

Well after a wait of over 6 weeks my Abbey card CCA arrived :eek:

Could someone have a look not to sure if it's enforceable - just my luck if it is.

It arrived with a copy of their current T&C's and a Letter stating it meets all the prescribe terms.

Thanks Squidward

HI Squid

Does this look like the genuine article to you? Just wondering as Im getting nervous that they will find mine now and I cant afford to pay them the arrear of outstanding monies

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

• 1 month later...

See PT's thread Consumer Credit Agreements - a guide to enforceability, entry number 8 should be of interest to you .

"this document is improperly exectued and not in compliance with S61(1)© CCA, the reasons?

Look at clause 1.5 (B)

where are the exceptions stated? clause 2,.4 . 3.5 and 3.6? they aint there so all the terms were not easily legible when the agreement was signed

also one has to question what are these terms? are they a term which says you do not have to pay on a day with a Y in it? could be. since its not stated then we just dont know

oh also, since its in relation to a prescribed term, they could be in trouble here too"

I think this applies to your agreement.

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Update....

they would tend to tell you it meets the prescribed terms.... but we know better

• 2 weeks later...

oh ooooh just noticed something else. Please run this by one of the site team or better still PT. He has a thread on this somewhere and said it was important.

It says on your balance transfer slip.... Credit limit £7500. But in your alledged Financial and related conditions it only gives interest rates for credit limits of £1000, £3000 and £5000. I am sure I have seen somewhere this is important as they have given you a credit limit but not told you what the interest rate is. I think this is a prescribed term and therefore misleading.

Edited by Capricorn1601
needed to add clarification

read this post first

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1897679.html

My argument on the enforceability (although I am a beginner so get this checked out) would be the agreement has to be within 4 corners of the same piece of paper (both sides). If what they have sent you is correct and not a cut and paste job then, by reading the Financial and related conditions, they are not complete. There are references to conditions which are clearly contained in another document. PT points out that as they relate to Prescribed Terms ie how when amounts and how it is calculated etc, it becomes unclear what is expected of the debtor. A prescribed term must be clear, but what they have sent you is incomplete therefore you would not have known what you were agreeing to. (I hope this makes sense).

Then there is the second reason I have tried to outline in my earlier post. I dont know the exact details but remember a post I think was started by PT where he started out by saying that knowing your initial Credit limit is very important. It was related to the interest charges set out (in your case Cash advances). If they say its £7500 but dont have that written into your agreement then again how are you supposed to know how much interest you are to pay them back. Hopefully someone may be able to give you more detail on this.

Basically what I am saying is looking at your CCA, I think, and again I must stress I am not an expert, but only can give you my opinion on what I have picked up on this site as I need every argument to fight the b****rds for my CCA, that I think the agreement is flawed. There are missing elements in the Prescribed terms and they are incomplete.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cap

No updates at present! although had a phone call from the customer care dept offering me a 60% reduction of the balance :eek: which would be fantastic if I had the cash available to do it.

Phone calls seem to have stopped now

How about you

Squidward

Hi squid, Ive had a letter asking me to contact them with a 50% reduction, two postcards, alas not from distant shores telling me they have permenantly emigrated!!! Other that these, nothing. For me if they came down to say 90% reduction with an easy payment plan over 12 months, I might consider it. Did you read the article about the loan which was let off due the PPI versus MBNA which was highlighted yesterday. It appears the tide may be turning to our favour.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Update

Well checked my credit report looks like MBNA have transfered my account

to Arrow Global limited funny thing here is I have no Notice of Assignment (NOA).

Whats next??

Squidy

hi squidy

thought you had disappeared its been so long since we've heard from you. I'm sure Arrow Global will be in touch before long asking for the money. In the meantime read around and be prepared for them. Usually start off with the bemused letter and take it from there.

Capricorn