Question about amount of arrears CAp1 Card

wilko1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In June 2006 I went on a payment plan with Cap One paying £4/mth. The debt was over £6K. After June I only received a couple of statements but I noticed the amount of arrears was going up in big chunks. I asked for a copy of my agreement in November ’08, which they failed to supply. They defaulted me last week, I noticed the arrears amount was over £6K only a few pounds less than the balance. Could this be correct? If they keep adding to the arrears it will be more than the balance this time next month.

I would request said statements coz even with a meagre grasp on maths the fact that you are paying monies yet the debt aint going down would need a little explaining.

ask them (in writing) for statements of the accounts

I'm trying to establish if the amount of arrears on the default notice can be challenged, thereby rendering the default notice invalid. I was on a payment plan with them for 2 years, it seems that they were adding about £200/mth onto the arrears during the time I was on the plan. Can I argue that the default notice is invalid because nothing should have been added on to the arrears amount while I was paying the £4/mth payment plan.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

My wife has just received a copy of her Experian credit report. In it there is a part for Financial Associate searches. It shows that Lowell has searched her report because she is a financial associate of mine.

The report gives info re financial associate searches i.e. “Financial associate searches show when your credit report information has been seen because someone you are financially connected to has made an application for credit.”

Lowell bought a disputed account of mine from Cap One, about the time of the search. I haven’t made an application for credit.

Are Lowell entitled to search my wife’s credit report, have they breached data protection or broken any laws, what can I do about it.

Any help advice or comments would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if anyone could help to formulate a complaint to possibly the ICO re the following situation.

I lost my job and stopped making payments on a Cap One card. I then found out that they didn’t have an enforceable agreement. Lowell bought the account, and did a credit search on me and also on my wife, the card was in my name only. I looked on the Experian site about financial associate searches. It states, when someone applies for credit their financial associates file can be searched. I was miffed because I hadn’t applied for credit and yet Experian had allowed Lowell to look at my wife’s credit file.

I asked both of them for an explanation but they just fobbed me off and said that no-one else could see that her file had been searched.

I don’t believe that Experian had any right to allow Lowell to view my wife’s data. I would value opinions as to whether I have grounds to take the complaint further? Who to? And how would I word it.

thanks