Advice needed - Want to take Welcome to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone !!

I have been having a look through this site and some of the threads and I must say was very impressed - and so I would like some help with my problem.

Like thousands of others, I too have had PPI added to my loan with Welcome Finance and was told it was a 'must ' in order to get it. At the time I was in a bit of a financial hole, and saw Welcome as my light at the end of a tunnell. Its only now that I realise how very wrong I was. I have submitted a letter to them asking for the PPI to be refunded with at least 8% interest added. They replied saying they were looking into it and would be in contact in due course. The deadline before I report them to the Financial Ombudsman is next Friday, but I rang them yesterday and they said they would have a reponse to me by the end of this week.

Can anyone shed some light please on how successful PPI claims with them are ? Are they likely to say no at first and only when the Financial Ombudsman get involved will they relent ?

Im not sure what to do with them and would very much appreciate anyones help in this matter

thanks xxx :)

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Hello and Welcome, Forsure.

I'll move this thread to the PPI Forum, you should get help in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello forsure,

Hi everyone !!

I have been having a look through this site and some of the threads and I must say was very impressed - and so I would like some help with my problem.

Like thousands of others, I too have had PPI added to my loan with Welcome Finance and was told it was a 'must ' in order to get it. This information was incorrect, Totally false.

Please see this from the links in the stickies at the top of the forum...

At the time I was in a bit of a financial hole, and saw Welcome as my light at the end of a tunnell. Its only now that I realise how very wrong I was. I have submitted a letter to them asking for the PPI to be refunded with at least 8% interest added. They replied saying they were looking into it and would be in contact in due course. The deadline before I report them to the Financial Ombudsman is next Friday, but I rang them yesterday and they said they would have a reponse to me by the end of this week.

Can anyone shed some light please on how successful PPI claims with them are ? Please see this link for successes through te FOS.....

FOS details of some PPI claims and the rulings

issue 71 - complaints about payment protection insurance

Are they likely to say no at first and only when the Financial Ombudsman get involved will they relent ? ( Once the FOS get involved there will be letters between the FOS and your bank and a decision will be made IMO it will be most likely in your favour.

See also this.....

The FSA has outlined 6 outcomes which it aims to achieve:

Treating customers fairly

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/tcf_deadline.pdf

Im not sure what to do with them and would very much appreciate anyones help in this matter

Hope this is of some help in your claim.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...

I have a loan with Welcome Finance too and I would like to make the following observations if I may.

I totally disagree with to3spd8.

Welcome Finance are a bunch of sharks, and regardless of a persons financial stature, they have absolutely no need to rip people off.

I can say from personal experience, that I have had my loan agreement with them checked with a company to see if it complied with the CCA 1974 and Im glad to say it had ' breach of regulations ' most of the way down the report.

Rather than tackle this problem first, I decided to go for the PPI refund to 'test the water '.

They have a legal obligation to respond to a PPI refund request within 8 weeks.

They did this and offered a partial refund to me of approx £1500, just in time for xmas !!

I am now in the process of going through the Financial Ombudsman to get the rest back ( approx £1100 ).

Once this claim is finished with, I fully intend to hit them where it hurts and take them to court !!

yes I do agree in respect that they are a company that

a) need to make money,

b) you wouldnt go to them unless you are in dire straits, but come on less face it, when they are able to get you to sign a credit agreement with breaches all over it, me thinks its about time they were brought down a peg or two !!!!

Forsure

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have had a reply where they have paid out £1400 to me !! Yay !! But onj the letter they sent me, they advised that they had already refunded approx £1100 to my account due to an insurance refund ?? Now I have never been told about this or given a choice on how to receive this refund and so I sent a further complaint letter as to how I wanted my money back. Needless to say they have said ' please refer to the FOS if unhappy with your complaint '. I have now done this.....

Can anyone advise that now as my complaint is with the FOS, how likely I am at succeeding or advise on any further action I should take ?

Thanks alot ppl :-)

Forsure

Hi

Can anyone help with my query please ?

I too am having trouble with them.

. Hopefully someone can help, or at least point me in the right direction as I am a bit lost

:-)

Thanks

Forsure

Forsure

Forsure

Anything To Do With Welcome Paying Back Any Money Is Pot Luck.

They Will Ignoer You, Deny Correspondents Not Received.

You Can Crack Them But Need Plenty Of Time And Patience.

Let Us Know What Welcome Say In Any Reply And Yes, Start A Dispute With The Fos.

Ime With You All The Way

Thanks for your reply, after following your threads I see you are the Welcome Champion extraordinare, so any of your inout would be most appreciated. I have submitted a Subject Access request to them, albeit on only 1 account number ( stupid silly me ! ). I now know after following this site and picking up tips, to do it for all of them - am so daft sometimes !:rolleyes:

I have submitted my complaint to the FOS, which they are in receipt of and to date, have informed me, they have asked Welcome twice for all my account info, and to date Welcome have been non compliant. They send me acknowledgement letters, advising that due to the backlog blah blah blah, my complaint wont be looked for a long time.

Do you have any advice for me, in the respect that I feel that I shouldnt have had an ' insurance refund ' without my knowledge or approval ? Welcome Finance seem to think they can do what they like, and am getting fed up with the lot of them.

I would sincerely appreciate all of your help on this - just wondering what the next best step for me to do now ?

Thanks xxxx:D

Forsure

Can I just out my two pennies worth in and say I think they are all fantastic too ! I have started a thread which Postggj has very kindly replied to, if any other caggers would like to advise, I would be most grateful. ( I need all the help I can get ! ). I dont always have the time to fight this, as I am a mother of two small children - soon to be 3 !!

I want to take Welcome to the cleaners, and would love the help of the fabulous people on here

xxx :grin:

Forsure

Forsure

To Start With, You Only Need One Sar,

They Have To Release All Agreements, Paperwork, Computer Records,

Infact Everything They Have On You, So Sit Back And Wait For The Postman,

We Can Then Find Out What Con They Have Done.

Im Intriged About This Phantom Insurance Refund

Any Info Would Be Great

Hi Post

I am not good at this, and am in work at the moment so cant use photobucket as they have blocked the site ( I know, pathetic )...but I will type the parts of the letter where it mentions the refund.

Re: Agreement Number xxxxxxxxx

I have investigated the issues raised and can respond as follows. Although we do not agree with your assertions ( I take it they mean the blatant mis-selling of PPI here, in which case it definitely not an assertion ), I have as a gesture of goodwill, decided to refund the full Payment Protection Insurance ( PPI ) policy plus associated interest to you, in full and final settlement of the matter.

I can confirm that a partial insurance rebate of £569.14 was applied to this loan account on 2nd January 2006. My calculations show that you are due £793.71, which I enclose by cheque. This calculation is based on the PPI premium of £1166.29, plus associated interest of £196.56

I trust this resolves the matter. Should you remain dissatisified with this response, you do have the right ot escalate your complaint....blah blah blah

Also, Post, it states the same paragraph on another account number but with a partial insurance rebate of £590.46 and calculations showing that I was due £637.37 enclosed in a cheque. based on his calculations again ( hmmmmm ), this was based on a PPI premium of £1120.36 plus associated interest of £107.47

I would be very interested in your thoughts regarding this - am getting more detremined than ever to bring these vermin down

Thanks again ;)

Forsure

Forsure

Hi

They didnt give me anything, other than what I typed above....Does it sound suspicious to you ? Am getting a bit worried now

Thanks xx

Forsure

Yeah imagine that ! :lol:

Can I ask a quick question please if I may ? I have my own ongoing battle with Welscum at the minute, and they seem to be dragging their heels at every given opportunity - They probably think Im going to give up and get lost, no such luck Welscum !:p

Anyways, my complaint is now with the FOS as thety partially refunded my PPI but retained the other bit, saying that it was an insurance refund and was applied to my account ? - Not Impressed to say the least !!!

Can I still pursue them myself and call them, write them etc if the FOS are involved ? Or should I just sit back and let them do their thing ?? :grin:

Forsure

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

As you probably already know, I have an ongoing battle with these morons and have logged a complaint with the FSA after them giving me a partial refund of my PPI. After speaking to the FSA, they have such a huge backlog, and now I just want to get back my money and take them to court now. Can I do this as I have logged a complaint with the FSA ? if so, what is the first step to take ?

I really need all the help and support here if poss, this site is sooo great and helpful, and I hope fellow caggers can help me beat this vermin.

Thanks in advance :D

Forsure

Hi All

As you probably already know, I have an ongoing battle with these morons and have logged a complaint with the FSA after them giving me a partial refund of my PPI. After speaking to the FSA, they have such a huge backlog, and now I just want to get back my money and take them to court now. Can I do this as I have logged a complaint with the FSA ? if so, what is the first step to take ?

I really need all the help and support here if poss, this site is sooo great and helpful, and I hope fellow caggers can help me beat this vermin.

Thanks in advance :grin:

Are you sure it is the FSA and not the FOS you have lodged your complaint with?

The Financial Ombudsman Service are the organisation that adjudicate on PPI mis-selling issues, can you confirm please?

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I would advise you to wait before starting down the court route especially as you have a complaint with the FOS.

If you were to lose in court and you would need to be very well prepared to go to court. Then the FOS would probably not go against a court decision IMO.

My advice is FOS first (but this takes a long time) if your case is not upheld (90% of cases for mis-selling PPI are being upheld) you can then still go down the court route

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks for that......Im just so eager to get my money back and in excess of 15mths is a bit tooooo long haha

You can proceed to court if you are not happy to wait but you have to be prepared to face a legal team and if you are a Litigant In Person (LiP) then you can expect a serious fight in legal terms:eek: Best to make sure you have all the paperwork;-)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from