Given a Parking Ticket for Not Displaying a Disabled Clock HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I was given a parking ticket by the council CEO, I was displaying a Disabled Badge but because I wasnt displaying a Clock I have been fined. To be fined £50 or £25 if I pay within 14 days seems exceptionally petty. I'm clearly entitled to free parking by displaying the disabled badge, I've never known a car park where you need to display a clock. But it does say on the board where pay meter was badge and clock. What can I do?

Do not worry -I was parked in a disabled bay of a local authority car park, when I left my car i displayed my badges standing on edge in its nice little wallet, however, when I shut the door the badge fell to the floor. A short while later I returned to the car to find a ticket on the wind screen. I telephone to appeal against this and they requested I send a copy of my blue badge, which I did and they rescinded the ticket - get on the case now

Should be an easy win - as long as the car park is free to blue badge holders (some aren't).

You have been ticketed for failing to display a pay & display voucher. Obviously, because you don't need one with a blue badge (if, as I say above, parking is free for BB holders).

Check the BB status for the car park and if free, write to the Council and state that the reason that no P&D voucher was displayed is becasue a BB was. Send a copy of your BB.

You have been ticketed for failing to display a pay & display voucher.

Ticket says at the bottom that contravention is failing to display...

a valid pay and display ticket or voucher or parking clock

It's the latter they're looking at from what the OP has said.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

It is a requirement to display the clock as disabled blue badge allows consession for up to 3 hours. the clock should ALWAYS be set. I always set mine without fail.

I have seen many people park without using a clock and have wondered why they don't get a ticket.

It is worth appealling on the grounds that you do have a blue badge, however it was not being used in accordance with the instructions it came with. I would appeal to their better nature and explain that you accept you were wrong, just made a simple error and that you understand if they cannot quosh it. SOmetimes the nice approach has worked.

Hold on until others have replied and that you have posted said ticket for the entire world to voice an opinion on whether the 'T' is crossed or the 'i' is dotted. I am thinking more on the grounds of common decency.

The Clock has never been needed to be displayed in the 15 yrs I've had a blue badge. They must have only recently changed the board, no doubt to it was to catch out unsuspecting disabled motorists like me. The Clock generally only needs to be used on Double Yellow Lines, not in car parks.

I have had a blue badge for 9 years. It has been renewed every 2 years with the council. Each and everytime it is supplied with the standard booklet which very cleraly says that the blue badge MUST be displayed with the clock. How else will they know when you parked? As BB holders have a 3 hour limit on free parking, they can and indeed should be ticketed if they overstay. I am not saying you did that of course, but how would they know?

Pat Davies thinks this is an easy win. I suspect you will lose as you have no actual defense, as they say ignorance of the facts is no defense. However, as I suggested above try to appeal to their better nature and you may have a chance. I successfully appealled years ago when my badge fell down. They didn't have to, but they did 'as a gesture of good will'.

I guess that if the clock wasn't considered an essential element of the BB entitlement then they probably wouldn't issue it in the first place??

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I guess that if the clock wasn't considered an essential element of the BB entitlement then they probably wouldn't issue it in the first place??

They dont issue it, you pay an extra £2 or something for it when they hand over the blue badge. Its mainly for parking on double yellow lines, so alot of people dont bother getting 1. Even if you do park on yellow lines, the CEO is supposed to give you 3hrs from the time they see the car. Thats what it says in my handbook about it.

They dont issue it, you pay an extra £2 or something for it when they hand over the blue badge. Its mainly for parking on double yellow lines, so alot of people dont bother getting 1. Even if you do park on yellow lines, the CEO is supposed to give you 3hrs from the time they see the car. Thats what it says in my handbook about it.

Are you sure about this GB?? Normally, the standard application fee for a BB is £2, not the clock.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

For information, I found this on the Department for Transport website...

The associated time clock only needs to be displayed when you are parking on yellow lines or in a blue badge parking bay that has a time limit. In both cases, you should set the time of arrival on the clock and display it next to your badge on the dashboard or facia panel.

Failure to display your badge and time clock properly could result in a parking ticket.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Had a parking ticket squashed yesterday for exactly same reason, write to the department on the ticket explain you forgot to put badge up and you won't do it again, photocopy the badge and send it.

Just play it simply at first.

cds