OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts

fermi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It really needs the OFT et al to stop pussy footing around, they have given enough warnings to these companies. It's about time they made an example of a couple of them and send shockwaves throughout the industry, letting them know in uncertain terms to either act within the guidelines or suffer the consequences.

I second that :mad:

The OFT etc. should be made to earn their salaries...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think its terrible that you are all kicking poor old Worst Credit and ********* **** whilst they are down. After all they cannot be held responsible for the systems errors that they are plagued with.

We really need to be helping the DCAs out in their hour of need.

Ooooooops there goes that flying pig

I really think its terrible that you are all kicking poor old Worst Credit and ********* **** whilst they are down. After all they cannot be held responsible for the systems errors that they are plagued with.

We really need to be helping the DCAs out in their hour of need.

Ooooooops there goes that flying pig

...and a bumble bee and a tea towel :confused::rolleyes:

I'm helping someone with their Mackenzie Hall problem, and on Mon 20th April they telephoned his workplace (for the third time in as many weeks) asking for him to be given a message to phone them back immediately and that it was a "sensitive" matter. This is after signing for 2 letters putting the matter into dispute (stature barred) one in March and one on 16th April - so much for them adhering to the OFT requirements from 15th April !!

Complaint sent to the OFT.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I'm helping someone with their Mackenzie Hall problem, and on Mon 20th April they telephoned his workplace (for the third time in as many weeks) asking for him to be given a message to phone them back immediately and that it was a "sensitive" matter. This is after signing for 2 letters putting the matter into dispute (stature barred) one in March and one on 16th April - so much for them adhering to the OFT requirements from 15th April !!

Complaint sent to the OFT.

All of DCAs seem to be either totally stupid or very arrogant. Despite Worst Credit being warned by the OFT they still abuse the rules. Mackenzie Hall are the same. What is wrong with them. Has the message not reached the threat monkeys yet or are they waiting for the one who can read to come and read the OFT directions out to them.

...and a bumble bee and a tea towel :confused::rolleyes:

..... and a bloke on a chandelier...

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Just found this out and feel this is great news.....

Keep them coming OFT....

It shows we have to complain to the OFT all the time...

Lets see if we can get a DC credit license revoked!!!!!!

Just because the OFT has give them this warning etc..dont expect any of them to change their ways anytime soon.

Their way of doing things is too installed in them for them to just change like that.

Its gonna take alot more warnings/alot more fines/licenses being revoked & even some of them being shut down and made an example of, for the DCA culture in this country to ever change.

My beleif is that they have friends in high places, and so have no fear:(

Well up until recently they had representation in the House of Lords didnt they.. .

edit

As I said above, up until recently they had representation in the House of Lords :D:rolleyes:

Edited by HSBCrusher

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I saw this bit of spin on the credit today report....

"Mackenzie Hall therefore welcomes the focus, clarification, input and guidance of the Office of Fair Trading not only regards our own business practices, but also that of the high standards to which the debt collection industry as a whole strives."

Strive harder!

So they haven't quoted Andrew Mackinley then? "The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold."

Wouldn't want to get Mr Mackinley into any trouble. What's the biggest font size you can use on this forum?