Vinci Parking & Tesco

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

Please advise me quick I have a NHS lease car so am the keeper, not reg owner, and on 4th April received a £70 parking ticket, (£40 if paid by 18th, thats why I need to be quick!). I was parked in my local Tesco only for 10 mins literally, I was parked beyond bay markings, but I saw the parking attendant practically run away from my car after her gave the ticket, which was 'stuck' to my windscreen. I admit to this forum I was actually parked somewhere I shouldn't have been , but as it was for such a short time, and given how much I spend in the store am loathed to pay it!!!!!! Do I ignore it as other postings say or pay it???? Also do I take it up with Tesco or Vinci. Another thing, Vinci website states it's £12 if paid in 2 weeks, but my ticket states £70 or £40 ?????

Please help................................

No don't ignore this one, get in touch with whoever is in charge of the pool and tell them not to pay as it will be them that get the ticket.

In case they don't realise, make sure they understand that this is 'not' a legal ticket but an invoice and an invitation to pay.

Cheers for replying so quickly,, will contact lease office tomorrow as you advise.

What course of action should I then take, as I don't want to annoy lease company with too much mail from Vinci,, shall I WRITE TO vinci stating ??? have seen templates on this site...............

What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally you would be advised not to reply, but in this case I think you should write and let them know that you are the registered keeper and not responsible.

That will give them your address to send their string of mail to that you will not answer. If you don't and the lease co continue to get demands, they might just pay it.

Hold on.

Don't contact 'Vinci'. Even if you tell them you're the keeper, there's no guarantee they'll pay a blind bit of notice and could well just keep on harassing the lease co, in the hope they'll pay up no questions asked.

Don't think you can reason with these scamsters.

• write to you lease co and tell them you have an invoice from Vinci which has no legal basis and that it should not be paid. Say that you have an agreement to pay genuine council and police tickets, but not unenforceable invoices from [problem] companies.

Point out that you are sure, as a respectable lease company, that they have full experience of these invoices and that they should be ignored. Say that you regret that no payment with be forthcoming from you if they choose to pay and that you have no agreement about any administration charges because this is not a genuine fine.

ignore Vinci

Please advise me quick I have a NHS lease car so am the keeper, not reg owner,

You are the keeper, but not the registered keeper (that will be the lease company). There is no such thing as a registered owner.

Thanks for that, I am still really nervous though, what course of action should I take if I have letters from Vinci??? Also, do not know what reaction will have off lease company>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Follow the advice given.

Inform fleet manager that if they receive any bumph from Vinci that they are not to deal with it but to pass it on toy you. And then tell them the issue is in dispute and they must not act on any threats. Any payment on your behalf you will not accept etc etc

You are the keeper, but not the registered keeper (that will be the lease company). There is no such thing as a registered owner.

Are you sure? I thought it was Registered Owner and Keeper, with there being no such thing as a Registered Keeper.

Otherwise we'd see Notice to Keepers.

Are you sure? I thought it was Registered Owner and Keeper, with there being no such thing as a Registered Keeper.

Otherwise we'd see Notice to Keepers.

Absolutely sure.

The V5C specifically states that it does not confirm ownership.

The Notice to Owner is such because for the purposes of the TMA 2004, the owner is defined as the registered keeper unless otherwise proven.

TMA 2004 s.92

owner”, in relation to a vehicle, means the person by whom the vehicle is kept, which in the case of a vehicle registered under the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 (c. 22) is presumed (unless the contrary is proved) to be the person in whose name the vehicle is registered;

Hi ,

have spoken to lease company who will pass any Vinci stuff onto NHS Trust, spoke to trust stating I will challenge Vinci, the trust will inform them of my personal details as I am the person keeping the car:?.

it is documented that I don't want them to pay any notices, although both lease company & trust said people do normally pay them???

I will sit tight and wait for any letters from Vinci.

Shall I w then use a template from this sight??????????????

Cheers

:|

it is documented that I don't want them to pay any notices, although both lease company & trust said people do normally pay them???

Put everything in writing to both. Make it clear that if they pay you will not be reimbursing them.

Still sounds like they think they are real council PCNs which I am sure they would be entitled to pay and recharge against you.

As Al27 says, make sure you have written confirmation of your instructions reiterating that these are NOT legally valid PCNs, but simply private company invoices which you do not accept.

Hi, If ignore Vinci and they keep sending stuff, wouldn't that affect my credit rating??

Please advise as these forums all say that they don't take any notice of letters just keep harrassing you, so at what point could it get heavy???

No they can't affect your credit rating.

First they'd have to take you to court (unlikely)

then win (even less chance)

then you would have to ignore the court judgement (why would you?)

only then can bailiffs and your credit rating come into play.

ok, cheers, May just pay them £12 as on thier Cardiff Parking Website, the same code,breach 7, is reduced to £12 if paid in 14 days. Will print off & send that in with my notice, I really don't want this hanging over me waiting for post everyday, ??

ok, cheers, May just pay them £12 as on thier Cardiff Parking Website, the same code,breach 7, is reduced to £12 if paid in 14 days. Will print off & send that in with my notice, I really don't want this hanging over me waiting for post everyday, ??

Ignoring letters is hardly a hardship. Everybody gets junkmail.

And breach codes - what?

With respect, you need to get a grip here.

If you pay them £12 you can guarantee that they will come after you for more, and as you've shown them that you can be intimidated, it will be far worse than if you ignore them completely.

Trust me, pay them the £12, and you will end up paying them the full £70. Ignore them, and you'll pay nothing, and all of their threats be proved to be total drivel.

You have a cast iron defence, because it was a free car park = no contract can ever exist = no breach of contract can ever exist = no penalties can ever be enforced.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Hi. Please follow the posters advice it is valid and does work. I know the area that you park in (it is not too far away from me) and this is a PPC [problem]. I have had friends who have had to deal with Vinci before-its just a money making exercise. I would reassure the Tust with your circumstances and back it up with evidence (it works in other Trusts and LHBs). You could go and see Alun Williams-Acting Financial Services Manager and/or someone similar and explain what the situation is.