cupcake68 Vs Virgin **DISCONTINUED**

cupcake68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the definition of default wrt your credit file?

if you miss a single payment, you are in default of your obligations under the agreement .....

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Default Notices are very clearly governed by the CCA and have little, if anything, to do with reporting to the CRAs

reporting on your credit file is really only governed by DPA. They must have permission to process you data and the data they process must, amongst other things, be accurate and appropriate.

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

• 1 month later...

So...

Haven't yet got round to my claim for costs but yesterday I received a letter from DLC saying it is the law to send me a statement every 6 months. Today I have received a statement of account. They have added litigation fees and costs totalling £290 to my outstanding balance.

Is this what they normally do?

Cupcake

hiya cupcake

very well done and ive saved your thread as ive learnt something too from others info to you- i will use the info no doubt in the future

let us know when you get your costs paid that would be the icing on the cake for you

cheers angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

normal or lawful??

normal - sometimes

lawful - no

Make an official complaint to everyone you can think of would be my advices (including the data protection as you can show the data is not accurate & therefore breaches the DPA)

Thing is, they wasted all this money pursuing the debt - if they add the costs to the balance then on paper they have not lost any money - they still have a debt of £xk and therefore that piece of paper makes them worth an additional £xk and if they're worth all that money then they can borrow money with those debts as security ...... errr oooops haven't we been there before with the banks

These bankers get more and more creative with their banking and then wonder why it all comes crashing down around their ears

report them ....

Hi Cupcake,

I will have a thorough read of this later as I have now had a third letter from Aplins and this one says they will be taking legal action. Although some may say it is just another threat, you never know!

Mbna - Ex Hfc-beneficial - sold to Hillesdens/dlc - this is my thread, will post up the letter I got from them asap

Edited by Dotty50
added info

So...

Haven't yet got round to my claim for costs but yesterday I received a letter from DLC saying it is the law to send me a statement every 6 months. Today I have received a statement of account. They have added litigation fees and costs totalling £290 to my outstanding balance.

Is this what they normally do?

Cupcake

So, they issued a claim against you. Discontinued. Now they are sending statements, adding costs and interest ?

I dont think they can add litigation costs if they have discontinued ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would agree with dd, cupcake. If they have discontinued their claim then no costs have been given to them ? However, you as the defendant are entitled to claim costs. I think pt mentioned this a while back.

So perhaps prepare a schedule of costs and write something along the lines as dd has suggested asking them to reimburse you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi DD & CB

Yes I did intend to submit a breakdown of costs but there were big discussions as to how much was reasonable and I got a little bogged down by so many different opinions (I think mainly because it was fast track?) I couldn't decide what I should try for but after receiving this statement I now think I should go for as much as possible!

Cheeky Wotsits!

CPR Part 38.6;

Liability for costs

(1) Unless the court orders otherwise, a claimant who discontinues is liable for the costs which a defendant against whom the claimant discontinues incurred on or before the date on which notice of discontinuance was served on the defendant.

(2) If proceedings are only partly discontinued –

(a) the claimant is liable under paragraph (1) for costs relating only to the part of the proceedings which he is discontinuing; and

(b) unless the court orders otherwise, the costs which the claimant is liable to pay must not be assessed until the conclusion of the rest of the proceedings.

(3) This rule does not apply to claims allocated to the small claims track

Thanks Car

So maybe I should add their costs to my costs application?!!!!!!!!

Cupcake

That post got me thinking. (Unusual for a Sunday night!) It's YOUR claim, so only YOU can discontinue. What are they playing at, then? I'd suggest a letter to them along the lines of "thank you for your discontinuance, but please clarify if you are withdrawing your statement of case (CPR Part 16) in which case the Court should enter Judgment in my favour, blah, blah, blah. on the other hand, if you are willing to settle my dispute by doing X, Y and Z, plus reinbursing my reasonable costs of £X.XX, then I am willing to negotiate settlement of the issues at hand and notify the Court of discontinuance of my claim against you as a result. I look forward to hearing from you within 7 days of your receipt of this letter, or I will assume that the claim should continue and will notify the Court accordingly. To expedite any discontinuance of this claim, I am agreeable to you calling me at XXXX to discuss these matters in person"

I see PT is subbed (as has posted previously) so maybe he (or someone more used to having claims discontinued like this) could offer some advice on how to proceed?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I am no further on with this costs claim!!

It was their claim (fast track) that they discontinued. They have since added their litigation fee and litigation cost to my outstanding debt!

I know I can claim my costs but should I also add these extra fees?

Cupcake