Elite Parking Control Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I got my first correspondence about the ticket the other day - it's from Roxburghe Debt Collectors saying i now owe £197.

Should I really just ignore it, not dispute it or anything??

It feels wrong not to do anything! I don't want to end up paying a fortune!!! Should I write to them asking them to prove my car was there or something?

These letters are designed to panic me I guess, but it sure is working :eek:

Well I got my first correspondence about the ticket the other day - it's from Roxburghe Debt Collectors saying i now owe £197.

It feels wrong not to do anything! I don't want to end up paying a fortune!!! Should I write to them asking them to prove my car was there or something?

Just relax and ignore them. What do you think that debt collectors (who are ordinary citizens with no special powers) can do to you?

These letters are all part of their scare tactics. Bullies like these are all threat and no action.

Yea just ignore

OK, so i got this letter this morning, these guys mean business, it's in the hands of a solicitor (and he checks out, he's on the Law Society website so i know he's real)

attached is a scan of the letter but i couldn't get a pdf small enough to upload, but here's what it says. Any typos and non capitalisations are mine as i couldn't be bothered to type it out exactly but the scan is there if you can read it! This is a proper letter from a proper solicitor threatening real court action. This solicitor will want to be paid by someone, he's not sending all this out for free. I've got to contact them within 7 days. As far as the solicitor is concerned, he's going ahead with this as at no point have i disputed it. Surely I need to dispute it now and ask them to provide evidence that my car was parked where they said it was??????????????

"NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION

You were written to by our client Roxburghe (UK) Ltd on behalf of ELITE MANAGEMENT LTD requesting the settlement of a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE. Due to the absence of payment, or a valid appeal, our client has instructed us to proceed to legal action to recover the amount due.

Therefore, it is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the County Court. This letter fulfills this requirement.

Take note; the costs associated with issuing a claim is as follows:

claim issue fee £30

solicitors costs £50

judgement costs £25

warrant issue fee £100

solicitors costs for issuing warrant £2.25

total additional costs £207.25

Any judgement registered against you could seriously affect your chances of obtaining credit in the future, as this information can be made available to any interested parties via the Register of Judgements, Orders & Fines, and remains there for 6 years.

In the event of a Judgment Order not being adhered to, we may instruct Bailiffs to attend at your address who are authorised to seize goods for sale at public auction in the amount claimed plus all Statutory Interest.

Please contact us with your proposals for settlement within 7 days to avoid the possibility of this action."

scan for forum.jpg

Nothing unusual in that letter. "Graham White" (aka Micheal Sobell) is well known on this forum and can safely be ignored. In fact look at the post above yours to see other people have received similar letters and have been told to ignore them.

Don't be intimidated by the fact that this guy is a solicitor. There are quite a few of them around who have been known to break the law. They are not all honorable. They are just human.

OK, so i got this letter this morning, these guys mean business,

No they don't you are falling for the [problem].

it's in the hands of a solicitor (and he checks out, he's on the Law Society website so i know he's real)

It's from Graham White this forums joke solicitor, he is all wind but no sail.

This is a proper letter from a proper solicitor threatening real court action.

As I said you are falling for the [problem]. The cowboys that write these things will be getting a lot of comfort from your response.

This solicitor will want to be paid by someone, he's not sending all this out for free.

Well if you take the advice on here he wont be getting paid by you, will he?

I've got to contact them within 7 days.

No you have not.

As far as the solicitor is concerned, he's going ahead with this as at no point have i disputed it.

No he wont.

Surely I need to dispute it now and ask them to provide evidence that my car was parked where they said it was??????????????

No you dont, you are being sucked in, ignore the letter it has been seen a thousand times on here and the threats have not been carried out.

"NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION

You were written to by our client Roxburghe (UK) Ltd on behalf of ELITE MANAGEMENT LTD requesting the settlement of a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE. Due to the absence of payment, or a valid appeal, our client has instructed us to proceed to legal action to recover the amount due.

Well get on and do it then.

Therefore, it is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the County Court. This letter fulfills this requirement.

OK, so we can take it then that REAL court papers will follow shortly then? They never do ask yourself why, if it was such a dead cert they dont follow through with the threats.

Take note; the costs associated with issuing a claim is as follows:

claim issue fee £30

solicitors costs £50

judgement costs £25

warrant issue fee £100

solicitors costs for issuing warrant £2.25

total additional costs £207.25

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Any judgement registered against you could seriously affect your chances of obtaining credit in the future, as this information can be made available to any interested parties via the Register of Judgements, Orders & Fines, and remains there for 6 years.

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

In the event of a Judgment Order not being adhered to, we may instruct Bailiffs to attend at your address who are authorised to seize goods for sale at public auction in the amount claimed plus all Statutory Interest.

In their dreams.

Please contact us with your proposals for settlement within 7 days to avoid the possibility of this action."

Or alternatively, just ignore and they will go away. The choice is yours.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 4 months later...

Very interesting reading! I got a ticket for being five minutes over my ticket time, and my friend got a ticket basically because although he put £4 in the machine, only £2 registered. I followed Martin's Money Saving Tips (or whatever he's called...) and wrote saying I wasn't going to pay because the fine was disproportionate. My friend did the same and sent them £2. They've sent it back, with a stern letter refusing his 'appeal' (their words, not ours). So I'm going to do exactly as you advise. I would have liked to have read a final result from dontwanttopaythefine. I'll stay around and keep you informed....... By the way, I have heard gossip that this company is in the high court for having dodgy meters, but I don't know that for sure.

Oh, and hello everyone, it's nice to have found this site!

Edited by Julie Drinkwine
saying hello!

Hello, dontwanttopaythefine here!!

I've had a few letters (with the exact wording as detailed in other parts of this forum or its links) and I ignored every one of them just like the advice says....

I haven't heard anything now for maybe a couple of months .... so..... maybe they've given up and are harassing someone else now instead - I'll say it again, thank goodness for this forum and my friend (who was with me when i was given the original ticket) who did a google search and found it for me - if it wasn't for him and for this forum I would have just paid up, begrudgingly, but i would have paid.....

Edited by dontwanttopaythefine

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a week later, we've received another letter which finishes off with :

"We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and on various websites and you may well feel this guidance is worth following. We strongly urge you to seek independent advice rather than rely on these opinions, and we would respectively suggest that you refer to the Civil Procedure Rules part 31, and more specifically parts 31.16 and 31.17"

with a suggested link : www justice.gov.uk / civil / procrules _ fub / contents / parts / part31.htm (without all those spaces - the site thought I wanted to post a link)

They say Graham White will review our case for potential legal action in ten days.

Do you think they're changing tactics?

I'll keep you all up to date as more happens!

Edited by Julie Drinkwine
spelling...

Just a week later, we've received another letter which finishes off with :

"We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and on various websites and you may well feel this guidance is worth following. We strongly urge you to seek independent advice rather than rely on these opinions, and we would respectively suggest that you refer to the Civil Procedure Rules part 31, and more specifically parts 31.16 and 31.17"

with a suggested link : www justice.gov.uk / civil / procrules _ fub / contents / parts / part31.htm (without all those spaces - the site thought I wanted to post a link)

They say Graham White will review our case for potential legal action in ten days.

Do you think they're changing tactics?

I'll keep you all up to date as more happens!

They have forgotten to mention one small detail. This is the fact that "Civil Procedure Rules part 31, and more specifically parts 31.16 and 31.17" do not apply to the Small Claims Court. So more pseudo-legal gobbledygook designed to confuse people.

Graham White (aka Michael Sobell) is under investigation by the SRA for making these sorts of silly statements.

Edited by DBC

TRANSLATED = We are aware that forums such as The Consumer Action Group, amongst others, are telling everyone to ignore us and this is really hitting our profit margins. So we have come up with this bit of nonsense now to try and put doubt in peoples mind.

We are still talking about the internet joke, a.k.a. 'Graham White', because we think it stills sounds a little bit scary.

regards

The campaign for real meanings!!!!

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi just received a parking ticket from Elite Management (MIdlands Ltd) today in Wall Heath high street opposite the coop. Just wondering if anybody has got any up to date information about this company and whether we should pay the fine??? Has anybody had any legal action taken against them from this company. Any information would be helpful thanks.

• 1 month later...

Its inspiring to hear that so much good has come from the knowledgeable advice of CAG.

However I have found myself in a precarious situation after my car was CLAMPED & TOWED. They've charged the maximum legal clamping fee (£125), as well as discretionary £250.00 for removal, (damage to the underside of the car was free).

Now, I have been extorted to pay that full amount, so i feel completely powerless. As already discussed in this thread, they've already gone through several trading companies ignored CCJ's. How can I possibly claim back from these extortionate practices???

I'm really at a loss here CAG, In desperate need of some advice.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I recently got done by Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd on the Townsend Place car park in Kingswinford whilst having a valid ticket that had blown over on my dashboard. Having had an appeal refused, I followed the advice on this forum and refused to pay. In order to cut out the nuisance of solicitors letters and threats from debt collection agencies, I sent a letter containing the text below on 23rd March 2011 and as of today, have had no reply. Hope this helps;

"I am in receipt of your letter stating that my appeal dated 4th March has been refused due to ‘no ticket on the day in question’. As this is incorrect (I had a valid ticket that was just not clearlyvisible), then as far as I am concerned there are no grounds for a penalty payment of £90.

I am more than prepared to discuss this matter in a court setting so there is no need for anymore correspondence from yourselves, a Debt Collection Agency or Solicitor, unless it is to notify me of the case going to a court.

I look forward to hearing from you that the matter is now closed.

Yours faithfully"

Hi,

I recently got done by Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd on the Townsend Place car park in Kingswinford whilst having a valid ticket that had blown over on my dashboard. Having had an appeal refused, I followed the advice on this forum and refused to pay. In order to cut out the nuisance of solicitors letters and threats from debt collection agencies, I sent a letter containing the text below on 23rd March 2011 and as of today, have had no reply. Hope this helps;

"I am in receipt of your letter stating that my appeal dated 4th March has been refused due to ‘no ticket on the day in question’. As this is incorrect (I had a valid ticket that was just not clearlyvisible), then as far as I am concerned there are no grounds for a penalty payment of £90.

I am more than prepared to discuss this matter in a court setting so there is no need for anymore correspondence from yourselves, a Debt Collection Agency or Solicitor, unless it is to notify me of the case going to a court.

I look forward to hearing from you that the matter is now closed.

Yours faithfully"

You have done more than enough, they will think they have a potential live one dangling. Best advice from this point is ignore all their bits of paper they send you, they are all meaningless bits of twaddle displaying their skill in changing font sizes and changing colours from black to red. Ignore