Paypal chargeback problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

In 2004, I sold virtual goods to someone in the US. I received the money in my paypal account and tried to send the funds to my bank account as usual. I never received the money in my bank account, instead my paypal balance went into negative figures (because of what I now think was a credit card chargeback - basically id been ripped off). I can't remember all the details, but I know that I did try to resolve the issue but got no help from Paypal's customer services. After explaining again and again and ringing debt collectors explaining that id done nothing wrong, they stopped hassling me.. so I thought they'd given up. A few years later I started receiving the letters again - the last letter being last year. After threatening them with the OFT, Paypal's solicitors sent me a letter saying that the balance owed to them was £0 - I was relieved.

I had forgotten all about this problem, until this February when I received yet another letter from a diffferent debt collection agency. I've contacted Paypal but found them unhelpful yet again.

I am fed up of being hassled almost 5 years later for money that, in my opinion.. I don't owe. Paypals T&C are complicated with the sale of virtual goods and the fact that I can't provide proof of sending any item doesn't help because the item doesn't "exist" (although they haven't asked me for proof, or anything about the item for that matter).

I was thinking of writing them a letter, or contacting the OFT but I don't know if I have a leg to stand on in this matter? I thought the fact id been told by the solicitors that I owed £0, meant that much and not that this would carry on and on.

Any advice would be really appreciated, thank you

By the way, here are Paypal's T&C - you can see the bold boxed off writing right at the top explains my problem pretty much.. it also speaks about seller protection (I believe you have seller protection if you send the sold item to a verified address, have proof of postage etc - obviously I have none of this stuff, since the items were virtual).

Seller protection: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SellerOffeBay-outside

Edited by helpplz

you're just on the dca's fishing letter list.

i'd just ignore the lot of 'em.

if you can't prove anything, then they certainly cannot.

dca's have no legal powers , so i'd ride it out.

can't be too long till it's statute barred anyhow.

don't worry about it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

virtual goods are something like an ebook or similar.

@helpplz

The 6 years only starts again if you pay something or aknowledge the debt in writing, thats why people say 'alleged debt', they're not confirming or aknowledging it.