Nat West making money for nothing

mashmallow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello you good people, It's me again with another issue. I opened a current account with Nat West and let myself be talked in to taking a green flag insurance out with them for £6.00 per month. I agreed because I was soo happy to get a current account after many many years. Anyway I did not have time to change all my dealings from my step account and therefore the first £6.00 came out of my current account, but did not because there was no money in there. The charge came in at £28.00 + £8.00 for god knows. I telephoned and told them to cancell the DD but they said until the charges were paid they could not, so I paid the charges £36.00. The following month another charge appeared so I telephone again and they said I have got charged again because the first charge was not paid on a specific date. We being stupid paid again anyway this went on until the charges have reached £140. I wrote to Nat west and requested that this stops and I want to recalim alll my charges and close my current account down. I have not had a reply. This account has cost me nearly £230.00 for which I have paid half already.

Can someone please tell me what to do as I can't believe for a £6.00 DD not being paid has cost me emmensley. I have so many debts to deal with and don't know my a--e from my e--bow.

Regards

Mashmallow

Hello you good people, It's me again with another issue. I opened a current account with Nat West and let myself be talked in to taking a green flag insurance out with them for £6.00 per month. I agreed because I was soo happy to get a current account after many many years. Anyway I did not have time to change all my dealings from my step account and therefore the first £6.00 came out of my current account, but did not because there was no money in there. The charge came in at £28.00 + £8.00 for god knows. I telephoned and told them to cancell the DD but they said until the charges were paid they could not, so I paid the charges £36.00. The following month another charge appeared so I telephone again and they said I have got charged again because the first charge was not paid on a specific date. We being stupid paid again anyway this went on until the charges have reached £140. I wrote to Nat west and requested that this stops and I want to recalim alll my charges and close my current account down. I have not had a reply. This account has cost me nearly £230.00 for which I have paid half already.

Can someone please tell me what to do as I can't believe for a £6.00 DD not being paid has cost me emmensley. I have so many debts to deal with and don't know my a--e from my e--bow.

Regards

Mashmallow

Is it £6 or £6.95? My gut feeling says that you have an advantage Blue account. Downgrade it cos you can't claim the £6 or £6.95 back.

Furthermore what does the DD actually say?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks for replying to me, You are correct it is what you said, when I go onto internet banking I can only see charges for £28.00. I cancelled the DD about 4 months ago and they are still charging me? What do I do?

Please help

Thanks

Mashmallow

The account is still going over the overdraft limit if one is on the account(I think it may be the charge of £28 itself taking it over)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Me again,

I asked for all my charges to be refunded this has not been replied to what do I do next please helpful one.

Mashmallow

Which address did you use and when was the first letter written?

The branch should have forwarded them on.The address below is where it should get to.

Customer Service Response Unit

The Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

Forgive me for asking a personal question mashmallow but are you in financial hardship at the moment?

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

You need to send the letter to that address given to you above, by recorded post. Reclaim all charges, and if you are in financial hardship, state this. In the meantime the account will be in dispute, which means they cannot keep applying charges or pursue you for any money.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

You need to send the letter to that address given to you above, by recorded post. Reclaim all charges, and if you are in financial hardship, state this. In the meantime the account will be in dispute, which means they cannot keep applying charges or pursue you for any money.

The bit in bold is not right but can you explain?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking interest, message to TFT financial hardship is an understatement but I am not going to give up. What annoys me. Because of £6.95 dd which I set up for a nat west blue account what ever that is because I was over the moon to get a cheque book even though there is no money in the account I messed up and cancelled the DD the person said I could not cancel it for whatever reason and I then asked to shut the account down, they could not do this either because there was a charge or two on the account because of this DD, so I paid the two charges, and thought start again the following month another charge appeared, I telephoned and they said because the charges was not paid off on a specific date the charges prior have incurred a further charge and up to today it is occuring £28.00 per month. I have just ignored it, it can go to £2000 as far as I am concerned? They will not get any money from me. These peoplea are so called b......s and shot be put down once and for all.

Even the CCCS has given up with me so let them all get on with it, I have nothing they can take only my spirit of fighting.

Regards,

Mashmallow

• 4 weeks later...

Wrote to Nat west regarding charges and got this letter back from them:-

On checking our records I can see you requested to open the current account in April 2008. You requested additional breakdown cover and by signing the account application you were agreeing to the fixed fee and terms and conditions of the account. Having reviewed your account I believe that the charges debited have been applied correctly and in accordance with our published tarriff. Your account has become overdrawn as your account fee has been applied and there were no availble funds in your account to cover this charge. It is the customers responsibility there were no available funds in your account for any payments or charges which are due. As there has been no bank errors made we will not be looking to refund any chaarges at this time. Etc., What are these w/////s trying to say. They are justified in taking my money .?? any ideas

Mashmallow

Edited by MARTIN3030
replaced inapp wording

Wrote to Nat west regarding charges and got this letter back from them:-

On checking our records I can see you requested to open the current account in April 2008. You requested additional breakdown cover and by signing the account application you were agreeing to the fixed fee and terms and conditions of the account. Having reviewed your account I believe that the charges debited have been applied correctly and in accordance with our published tarriff. Your account has become overdrawn as your account fee has been applied and there were no availble funds in your account to cover this charge. It is the customers responsibility there were no available funds in your account for any payments or charges which are due. As there has been no bank errors made we will not be looking to refund any chaarges at this time. Etc., What are these w/////s trying to say. They are justified in taking my money?? any ideas

Mashmallow

Did you send the letter to the branch or to the address advised for reclaiming charges in the NatWest section?

Edited by MARTIN3030
Replaced inapp quote