tesco cca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have now been sent a letter stating that they will default me if i dont make a payment and thati can pay by using a debit or credit card as long as it isnt part of RBS group and asking me to ring on a 0845 number i didnt think they could do either of these things

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, this is the link to the guidelines (it does seem to change (the link) fairly frequently so you might want to print it out). http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...dit/oft664.pdf

The relevant bits to you re premium phone numbers (not sure if 0845 is premium or local? I always complain anyway - if you're phoning about being in debt it should be freephone! It always is if they're trying to sell you something!) and paying with credit cards are

2.2 h. asking or instructing debtors to make contact on premium rate

telephone numbers

and

2.6 b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further

borrowing or to extend their borrowing

Also of interest is

2.8 k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

as that's the one telling them not to keep haranguing you for payment.

I reckon if you have a look through the guidelines you will find a dozen or so that they are breaking, which obviously if you have the time to complain to the OFT about you should.

These companies agree to abide by the guidelines (or at least by the spirit of them), so it is terrible that they always flout them, so use anything you can to screw them with a complaint - I doubt you'll be lacking in ammo:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to say

Have sent off complaint to FSO they have come back saying that they will not look at the legalities of a fullly executed agreement ( they seem to believe that terms and conditions sent separately are adequate) and that they will try to reach a fair agreement to both parties without taking legalities of agreements into account. what is the point

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi have now had a response from triton

States that i was sent a response to my cca request back in march and that i also received a final response from originall creditor in june so basically pay up

My last letter to triton asked them to send a fully executed CCA.

yes they have complied with original CCA request but that does not mean it is enforceable

i need a strong response ideas anyone

thanks

time to put a stop to the "merry go round" IMO ............

dear Sirs,

thank you for your letter of XXXXXXX The contents are noted.

Both sides having made their positions clear, the argument has clearly become circular.

No further correspondence on this matter will be entered into unless it is to discuss a resolution of this matter or to respond to service of summons.

Yours sincerely

XXXX

• 2 months later...