Glenn Vs Abbey

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to say that I was surprised by your letter, but sadly this is not the case. You present your letter as if you had a defence to this and hundreds of other similar claims. You do not, and you have failed repeatedly to allow cases to proceed to Court to prove your case.

The reduction of the claim quantum as you put it had nothing to do with anything presented by Abbey, but was due to an exchange of information between the Claimant and the District Judge, despite, not because of, the presence of your Counsel.

(just a couple of typos that I noticed)

well Abbey responded, they didnt like me asking for 6.75 for several letters and they also said that i was being excessive for asking for 2 hours for completing my AQ, and a few other things. Offered me a total of 430 in total which after you take of court fees comes to £70 in total!!

Heres my response

What do you think?

Glenn

Glen,

Very good clear and concise, my only concern is that it will not be read by anyone at Abbey:o

During all the conversations I had with James/Inga/Christine during my successful action against Abbey, I gained the destinct impression that any letters that contained more than 10 lines of text were just scan read.

If it were me (and I know it`s not) for what it`s worth, I would not bother going to the trouble of sending it in letter form.

I would send it as an Email to James Arrandale, and then give him 24 hours in which to have received it and supposidly read it, then phone him to discuss it`s contents.

James will proberbly ask you to give him an hour and he will call you back (you won`t receive a call back) then ring him back after 2 hours.

I`m sure you will find that he will settle in the end.

I would suggest that my successful claim for `Compensation` from Abbey will have been a lot harder for them to swallow than for `Costs`, as it is very evident that the court system is set up to allow claims for costs at set rates etc, where as Compensatation is purely descretionary, so they will pay you, and I would suggest that James is the person to speak to, to arrange it.

HTH

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Cracking letter mate - nice one.

BTW:

"You failed to enter into serious negotiations to attempt a settlement prior to court action begin being undertaken by myself."

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Armsoft

you are not saying anything I have not said to others, I will send it, since it makes me feel better.

Michael

Thanks for that. After Bong kindly pointed out a couple of typos I read it though again, yet still missed that one. Iill send it today.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Armsoft

You are not saying anything I have not said to others. I will send it, since it makes me feel better.

Michael

Thanks for that. After Bong kindly pointed out a couple of typos, I read it through again, yet still missed that one. I'll send it today.

Glenn

L.O.L. !!

:):razz::):razz::)

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hey Photoman

who you think you are teacher???:D

I was drinking my coffee and having a chill before starting work, i really should use the spellchecker, it picks up most of the typos when i use it.

LOL

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Ha, Ha, hopefully this will make you laugh !!!

My own action is against Lloyds.

At present I am using my Abbey account for all transactions, and I have had this for around 4 years without any incidents.

Today I recieved a letter informing me that a DD had failed to clear last week, and stated:

"I'm afraid that we have to charge you when you can't cover a payment. We'll let you know how much you'll have to pay in your statement at least 2 weeks before we take the money from your account"

Sooooooooo. I rang up (automated mesage states that the options have recently changed....and funny enough there is now a dedicated option to deal just with fees and charges...probably the biggest dept. at moment).

So, I finally got to speak to someone. I then quoted word for word the statement above, and then just casually said;

" So I presume from what this implies... is that Abbey are currently in the process of calculating exactly what the cost of dealing with this incident was?

Does this mean that I shall recieve a breakdown and a full statement of the actual costs incurred before they are taken? "

Oddly enough....I didn't need to go on any further..the charge was reversed !!:D

(she did go on to explain that it would have been £35 etc etc. I was sort of inclined to get into a debate about this, but figured it would be pointless, she would just tow the company line.

Although I did then complete an automated survey and gave her top marks for satisfaction with the outcome of the call... but bottom marks for her understanding of the issues ) !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

gave her top marks for satisfaction with the outcome of the call... but bottom marks for her understanding of the issues ) !!

Oh i do like that!

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn

I think from a quick skim of this thread that your claim was dealt with under the fast track rather than the small claims court. Is this right?

We have a claim against Abbey and they have predictably settled in full at the last minute. The hearing is set for Wednesday. We have paid their cheque into the bank and it should clear tomorrow. We have told Abbey we will not contact the court until the cheque is cleared.

We also told them we wanted £500 costs but I believe that as we have used the small claims court we can't do anything about the fact that they have not paid this extra amount. We did write to them after we received the cheque to say that we want the extra £500 (based on time and costs of photocopies etc) but have heard nothing.

We tried posting a new thread for some advice but no-one answered. Would you mind having a look at our thread if you have the time and giving us your thoughts. Could we adapt the approaches suggested in this thread?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/73124-joneshousehold-abbey.html

Thanks

does n e 1 have contact details for james arrondale, as he is the legal officer i am dealing with?

The delightful sounding Mr Arrandale can be reached at [email protected] or via the telephonic system on 02077564306

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Like all the others, very good letter glen have you sent it yet?

You entered a defence which was on the verge of being struck out since it was a simple denial, contained significant errors and showed no good reason for defending the claim. The Claimants application to strike the defence out was withdrawn at the Defendants request on the basis that the Defendant amended their defence to one which was compliant with

the relevant CPR.

I think thats the word you meant?

bp

bp

Ive already sent it thanks, my darling wife just pointed that one out too.

Still i think even with that, and probably one or two more in there, i reckon they'll get the drift.

thanks though

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

lol well i dont suppose they will consider it as another 'offer to neogitiate' costs with them.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Wow Glen................what a journey....what a trail blazer........and what an potted education reading it......applause.....applause...catcalls...............standing ovation.......we lesser mortals bow at your feet and pledge to learn and go forth and multiply Abbeys sufferings.

Inspirational....and at times totally hilarious. Does nothing phase you Glen!!!

Fantastically well done as you near the final fence....you deserve

a medal.

Oh and congrats to you both on your precious little one (not much sleep on both fronts then!!!!!!

very best wishes

lel

2006 RatNest - Personal a/c:

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £7,000

2006 RatNest - Ltd Co a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £8,000

2006 RatNest - Hub's a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim,Sept Settled in full £1,000