• Tweets

• Ive just checked the tracking again and its actually out for delivery today! Anyway,  I refunded the buyer on Ebay off my own back on the 2nd of June they havent opened a case or anything like that so surely i cant take action against either the buyer or P2G/ Evri can i ? Id hope the buyer would see fit and pay but you know what people are like these days ... Once its delivered I'll send him a polite message asking for payment but i suspect there'll be no reply      
    • Thanks for this update. Let's not if you have any more difficulty – in particular if you have difficulty getting paid back from the purchaser. We can help you either against the parcel delivery courier or against the purchaser
    • I'm still waiting for them to kick out sunak and bring Johnson truss and farage in late as it is - as an act of desperation. Tossuss and some others as well as those who were (alleged) brokering a farage ennoblement deal are promoting it aren't they?
    • Tories realise that they are likely to be in opposition for 10 years or more. And for those who lose their seats, they will be looking for new employment.  Sunak is like an accountant, suddenly put into a leadership role, but without the intelligence required to think in a multi dimensional way. 
    • .... So after a 14 day investigation with p2g i had a live chat with them yesterday ( 8th June) who said they didnt know where the parcel was but closed the case as i didnt take out their protectiove insurance.  So now at 07.33 on the 9th of june i was repling to this thread with all the relivent information to start a claim and i check the tracking of the 'Lost' parcel for specific dates to find the tracking has updated and the parcel is now at the recipients local depot  ? which is annoying because ive already refunded the buyer as i didnt want any negative feedback as it was an ebay listing and id want a refund if i was in his postion. So i posted the parcel with Evri on the 20/5/24  The delivery date was missed due to it being sent to the wrong depot and a case was opened on the 25/5/24 14 Investigation failed to locate the item in Evri's system and case closed on the 8/6/24 and now the tracking has updated on the 8th saying its at the recipients depot so is likey to receive it in the next few days .... Typical.  Oh well nevermind , thanks everyone  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Glenn Vs Abbey

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Devils advocate time for me I think Glenn in this poc section 6 c

6. The Claimant contends that:

c) The Claimant further contends that the application of the unauthorised overdraft interest rate is a further penalty and is unenforceable as it is contrary to common law.

surley trying to say this is a penalty then asking for the same rate back might appear hypercritical to a judge as it might appear you are saying the bank does it to me is unfair but it is just for me to do it to them

only thing i can see that might be a point of contention

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

photoman whats wrong with the apostrophes?

An apostophe is when you have omitted a letter for example:

"Bong is" would be shortened to Bong's

eg in use;

Bong's a member of CAG

as opposed to the possesive noun Bongs

eg in use:

Bongs thread (not Bong's thread, which actually means "Bong is thread" )

Thus:

Claimants account

Not

Claimant's account, which actually means.... Claimant is account

please correct me anyone if I'm (short for I am) wrong ?

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

After that little grammer lesson, find the hidden joke here:

My Bank Manager's account !!

LOL :D

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Bong I stand corrected.

You's right !! :)

But it does create some confusion regards the correct use if English ?

(damn, and my joke only works if you apply my past formula)

Photoman

I think your joke has a letter or two, too many in fact. but thats another story.

Thanks for the comments all I'm going to amend my POC to take on board the comments and issue it in the morning.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Here is the completed POC, I nearly forgot about non-compliance with sec 7 DPA.

Thanks to all who helped me put this together

1. The Claimants had two accounts, xxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx, ("the Accounts") with the Defendant.

2. The Account xxxxxxxxx (GlennUK, Sole Account) was opened on or around January 1997 and closed on or around March 2006.

3. The Account xxxxxxxxxx (Mr & MRs Glenn UK, Joint account) was opened on or around June 1998 and closed on or around March 2006.

4. During the period in which the Accounts were operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Accounts in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimants and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimants understand that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

5. Schedules of the charges applied are attached to these particulars of claim for the Accounts.

6. The Claimants wrote to the Defendant and made a Subject Access Request under Section 7 of the Data protection Act 1988 on the 22nd July 2006 in respect of Account xxxxxxxxxx requesting a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with the Defendant. The maximum statutory fee of £10.00 was enclosed in the form of a cheque drawn in favour of the Defendant.

7. The Defendant supplied partial account data in respect of xxxxxxxx but omitted data for the periods xx/xx/xx, xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx.

8. Despite supplementary written requests to the Defendant requesting confirmation of the transactions and charges on the whole of the Account history, the Defendant has refused to supply all the data it holds on the Claimants.

9. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim. The entries for the periods set out in item 7 are estimates and will be revised upon the production of the relevant data by the Defendant.

10. The Claimants contend that:

a) The Defendant holds data relevant to the Claimants which it has failed to provide under Section 7 of the Data protection Act 1988.

b) The charges debited to the Accounts are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant ; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimants; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

c) The Claimants find the charges listed in the Defendant’s statements are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Regardless of the wording of automated letters sent to the Claimants, these charges constitute a “penalty charge” as the amounts bear no relation to the actual costs incurred by the Defendant. Such penalty charges are legally unenforceable, even if a clause exists in the Terms and Conditions that authorizes such a charge.

d) The Claimants further contend that the application of the unauthorised overdraft interest rate is a further penalty and is unenforceable as it is contrary to common law.

e) The Defendant concealed the nature of their charges and unauthorised interest rates and led the Claimants to mistakenly pay the unlawful charges and interest through their misrepresentations regarding the nature of the charges and interest.

f) The facts relevant to the Claimant’s right of action have been deliberately concealed from him by the Defendant.

g) The Defendant continues to conceal both the nature of their unlawful charges and interest charges, and the facts relevant to the Claimant’s right, as the holder of the Accounts, to recover unlawful charges and interest removed from the Claimant’s accounts.

h) Further, as a disproportionate penalty the charges and unauthorised interest are invalid under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.

11. Accordingly the Claimants claim:

a) the Court orders the Defendant to provide the data it holds for the periods set out in Paragraph 7.

b) return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £xxxx.xx and interest charged thereon, estimated at £xx.xx

c) A declaration from this Honourable Court that the level of levied charges are unlawful and unenforceable (Edit reqorded as per Bongs post below so this is now correct);

d) Court costs;

e) If the Court determines that the Unauthorised Interest rate is a lawful charge then the Claimants claim compound interest on the charges and overdraft interest applied thereon to the Claimant’s accounts (“the principal claim”), at the annual rate of 28.7%. This is the rate currently applied by the Defendant to unauthorised use or borrowing of the Defendant’s monies, as provided for in the contract.

The Claimant’s case for claiming this rate is based in equity, and a legal requirement for fairness and balance.

The Claimants deem the Defendant’s principal indebtedness to the Claimants to be unauthorised, since it is comprised of charges that are unconscionable, remain unsubstantiated, and amount to unenforceable penalties at law. If the Defendant avers that its charges are fair, reasonable and therefore enforceable, its remedy will be to defend the claim by providing evidence of its actual losses or pre-estimate of costs in relation to the Claimant’s accounts breaches. Since the Defendant has been invited to do so prior to the issue of Court proceedings, and has refused, and since the Claimants are aware that the Defendant has failed to defend any other similar claim, choosing to settle before the trial dates, the Claimants deem the Defendant ’s charges to the Claimant’s accounts to be indefensible, unenforceable at law, and unauthorised, since it was clearly not in the Claimant’s contemplation when entering into the contract, that the Claimants would authorise the Defendant to apply unlawful penalty charges and interest thereon to the Claimant’s accounts, or to profit in an unlawful manner from the Claimant’s accounts breaches.

For the contract to confer advantageous terms (i.e. entitlement to compensation) on one party (the Defendant ) where there is no comparable term in favour of the other party (the Claimant) is to create an imbalance in the parties’ rights and is contrary to the requirements of Regulation 5 (1) of the Unfair Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (“UTCCR”).

Regulation 5 (1) of the UTCCR states as follows:

Unfair Terms

5. – (1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.”

Therefore, to satisfy the requirement of fairness, within the definition given by the UTCCR, the contract would have to provide a mutual or reciprocal term permitting the customer to apply the same rate of interest on any unauthorised withdrawals from the customer’s accounts by the bank (the Defendant). The interest claimed is therefore deemed to provide an equitable remedy.

f) In the alternative to 11(e), should the Court deem that the claim does not merit the application of the Defendant’s unauthorised lending rate, the Claimant claims that the Defendant is put to an Account of profits and that any profits derived from their unlawful removal of sums of money from the Claimants accounts be returned to the Claimant.

g) As particularised at 11(e), contractual interest at an annual rate of 28.7 % compounded daily from the date of each transaction to 30th March 2007, of £xxxx.xx.

h) Further contractual interest at 28.7 % compounded daily from xx/xx/xx up to the date of judgement or earlier payment. As the interest is compounding and the Claimant is unable to predict when the claim will be heard or settled, the Claimant is unable to specify a static daily interest figure, but will provide an updated settlement figure in respect of the interest at any hearing, or if and when the Defendant requests an earlier settlement.

i) In the alternative to 11(g) & 11(h), any award made to the Claimants pursuant to paragraph 11(f)

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

are you going to be checking this over for little mistakes, like "he" instead of "they" etc..?

11c - needs to be reworded as discussed earlier

Hi Bong

thanks, as usual a little something slips through, I was going to say you wouldn't believe how many times i have gone through this, but then again i am sure you do.

I have read through this till my eyes are bleeding and head is hurting and as I'm going to take it to the court this lunchtime i guess unless anyone spots really big howler then its done.

ROFL i should worry, when you see the stuff the banks submit this is 'world class English and typing', i could barely read the AQ abbey submitted for my 1st claim.

Thanks once again.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

1. The Claimants had two accounts, xxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx, ("the Accounts") with the Defendant.

2. The Account xxxxxxxxx (GlennUK, Sole Account) was opened on or around January 1997 and closed on or around March 2006.

3. The Account xxxxxxxxxx (Mr & MRs Glenn UK, Joint account) was opened on or around June 1998 and closed on or around March 2006.

4. During the period in which the Accounts were operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Accounts in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimants and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimants understand that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimants.

5. Schedules of the charges applied are attached to these particulars of claim for the Accounts.

6. The Claimants wrote to the Defendant and made a Subject Access Request under Section 7 of the Data protection Act 1988 on the 22nd July 2006 in respect of Account xxxxxxxxxx requesting a complete list of transactions and charges relating to their banking history with the Defendant. The maximum statutory fee of £10.00 was enclosed in the form of a cheque drawn in favour of the Defendant.

7. The Defendant supplied partial account data in respect of xxxxxxxx but omitted data for the periods xx/xx/xx, xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx.

8. Despite supplementary written requests to the Defendant requesting confirmation of the transactions and charges on the whole of the Account history, the Defendant has refused to supply all the data it holds on the Claimants.

9. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim. The entries for the periods set out in item 7 are estimates and will be revised upon the production of the relevant data by the Defendant.

10. The Claimants contend that:

a) The Defendant holds data relevant to the Claimants which it has failed to provide under Section 7 of the Data protection Act 1988.

b) The charges debited to the Accounts are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant ; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimants; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

c) The Claimants find the charges listed in the Defendant’s statements are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Regardless of the wording of automated letters sent to the Claimants, these charges constitute a “penalty charge” as the amounts bear no relation to the actual costs incurred by the Defendant. Such penalty charges are legally unenforceable, even if a clause exists in the Terms and Conditions that authorizes such a charge.

d) The Claimants further contend that the application of the unauthorised overdraft interest rate is a further penalty and is unenforceable as it is contrary to common law.

e) The Defendant concealed the nature of their charges and unauthorised interest rates and led the Claimants to mistakenly pay the unlawful charges and interest through their misrepresentations regarding the nature of the charges and interest.

f) The facts relevant to the Claimants' right of action have been deliberately concealed from them by the Defendant.

g) The Defendant continues to conceal both the nature of their unlawful charges and interest charges, and the facts relevant to the Claimant’s right, as the holder of the Accounts, to recover unlawful charges and interest removed from the Claimant’s accounts.

h) Further, as a disproportionate penalty the charges and unauthorised interest are invalid under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.

11. Accordingly the Claimants claim:

a) the Court orders the Defendant to provide the data it holds for the periods set out in Paragraph 7.

b) return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £xxxx.xx and interest charged thereon, estimated at £xx.xx

c) A declaration from this Honourable Court that the level of levied charges are unlawful and unenforceable (Edit reqorded as per Bongs post below so this is now correct);

d) Court costs;

e) If the Court determines that the Unauthorised Interest rate is a lawful charge then the Claimants claim compound interest on the charges and overdraft interest applied thereon to the Claimant’s accounts (“the principal claim”), at the annual rate of 28.7%. This is the rate currently applied by the Defendant to unauthorised use or borrowing of the Defendant’s monies, as provided for in the contract.

The Claimant’s case for claiming this rate is based in equity, and a legal requirement for fairness and balance.

The Claimants deem the Defendant’s principal indebtedness to the Claimants to be unauthorised, since it is comprised of charges that are unconscionable, remain unsubstantiated, and amount to unenforceable penalties at law. If the Defendant avers that its charges are fair, reasonable and therefore enforceable, its remedy will be to defend the claim by providing evidence of its actual losses or pre-estimate of costs in relation to the Claimant’s accounts breaches. Since the Defendant has been invited to do so prior to the issue of Court proceedings, and has refused, and since the Claimants are aware that the Defendant has failed to defend any other similar claim, choosing to settle before the trial dates, the Claimants deem the Defendant ’s charges to the Claimant’s accounts to be indefensible, unenforceable at law, and unauthorised, since it was clearly not in the Claimant’s contemplation when entering into the contract, that the Claimants would authorise the Defendant to apply unlawful penalty charges and interest thereon to the Claimant’s accounts, or to profit in an unlawful manner from the Claimant’s accounts breaches.

For the contract to confer advantageous terms (i.e. entitlement to compensation) on one party (the Defendant ) where there is no comparable term in favour of the other party (the Claimant) is to create an imbalance in the parties’ rights and is contrary to the requirements of Regulation 5 (1) of the Unfair Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (“UTCCR”).

Regulation 5 (1) of the UTCCR states as follows:

Unfair Terms

5. – (1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.”

Therefore, to satisfy the requirement of fairness, within the definition given by the UTCCR, the contract would have to provide a mutual or reciprocal term permitting the customer to apply the same rate of interest on any unauthorised withdrawals from the customer’s accounts by the bank (the Defendant). The interest claimed is therefore deemed to provide an equitable remedy.

f) In the alternative to 11(e), should the Court deem that the claim does not merit the application of the Defendant’s unauthorised lending rate, the Claimants claim that the Defendant is put to an Account of profits and that any profits derived from their unlawful removal of sums of money from the Claimants accounts be returned to the Claimants.

g) As particularised at 11(e), contractual interest at an annual rate of 28.7 % compounded daily from the date of each transaction to 30th March 2007, of £xxxx.xx.

h) Further contractual interest at 28.7 % compounded daily from xx/xx/xx up to the date of judgement or earlier payment. As the interest is compounding and the Claimants are unable to predict when the claim will be heard or settled, the Claimants are unable to specify a static daily interest figure, but will provide an updated settlement figure in respect of the interest at any hearing, or if and when the Defendant requests an earlier settlement.

i) In the alternative to 11(g) & 11(h), any award made to the Claimants pursuant to paragraph 11(f)

Glenn

Good luck.

been doing a bit of a search for Account of profits reference.

I can't actually find anything able to download without payin'

But have found a frefernce to the best source of info on it, I reckon if you find a decent library they may well have it.

look for:

Oxford journal of Legal Studies . Vol 24 no 3 2004

Then I believe the issue is covered on pages 471-494

Hope this is helpful?

Bong thanks for that i really appreciate it.

Ill check through the one i have on the pc at home to make sure i corrected the claimant to claimants where appropriate it was one of the things i did do so hopefully picked them all up.

Photoman did you get the case i mentioned about account of profits? If not i can pm it to you.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Good luck Glenn - here's to a 'clear' tho 'bleedin an hurtin' head......no doubt you will, as always, be magnificent in whatever is hurled at you.

You soooooo deserve TOTAL victory

Lel

2006 RatNest - Personal a/c:

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £7,000

2006 RatNest - Ltd Co a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £8,000

2006 RatNest - Hub's a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim,Sept Settled in full £1,000

Glenn,

No, not got your account for profits pm.

Would you mind send again please?

thanks

• Haha 1

Bong thanks for that i really appreciate it.

Ill check through the one i have on the pc at home to make sure i corrected the claimant to claimants where appropriate it was one of the things i did do so hopefully picked them all up.

Photoman did you get the case i mentioned about account of profits? If not i can pm it to you.

Glenn

Me too please Glenn, if you have time.

Got to stop typing your name as Gleen. lol

Tanz

nice one glenn, very impressive. good luck hun not that you will need it.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

28.7% = amount times by 0.287

16.9% = amount times by 0.169

if thats wot u mean!

Take care 2gr82btrue !!

If you were asking for some way to calculate such rates, because you are planning in claiming for such.

It is not simply a matter of working it out by multiplying by 0.287 or 0.169 etc.

Working out Contractual rates is a lot more complicated, as it entails compounding, and should really only be done using a spreadsheet.

The simple formula posted above is exactly that... for working out simple interest, and simple interest is prescribed by acts as set at 8%.

You cannot choose your own simple rate, this could cause you enormous problems, be frowned upon by a judge, and cause you to possibly lose a case.