Glenn Vs Abbey

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what guys?

Default removed!!!

I have asked Abbey to confirm its all CRAs but hopefully this is this part of the claim settled.

Only my costs to get back now and the letter has been faxed over with my schedule of costs :D

Oh joy!!

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Guess what guys?

Default removed!!!

I have asked Abbey to confrim its all CRAs but hopefully this is this part of the claim settled.

Only my costs to get back now and the letter has been faxed over with my schedule of costs :D

Oh joy!!

glenn[/quote

CONGRATULATIONS - a job well done.

Guess what guys?

Default removed!!!

I have asked Abbey to confirm its all CRAs but hopefully this is this part of the claim settled.

Oh joy!!

Glenn

Wooo-hooo, nice one mate - congratulations & deservedly so :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

You could be right Armsoft,

Glenn

I just love it when that happens:D

Well done Glenn, welcome to the CAG Default Removers Club, membership numbers are growing Every Day:p

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Well i havent withdrawn the claim yet, theres the matter of court costs with the AQ fee and claim fee Ive submitted a claim for a little over £800 :D

C'mon then how long before i get it finally closed out now? Any bets!!

I would like to be in the Ashurst office in the orining when they get my schedule of costs.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Well i havent withdrawn the claim yet, theres the matter of court costs with the AQ fee and claim fee Ive submitted a claim for a little over £800 :D

C'mon then how long before i get it finally closed out now? Any bets!!

I would like to be in the Ashurst office in the orining when they get my schedule of costs.

Glenn

My money is still on 10 days, so only 9 to go now:D

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

lol well you could be right but igave them 14 to pay and im sure if they have a choice they will wait the 14.

Im glad im not a betting man you would have had a tenner off me over the default, probably another over court costs too

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Just wanted to add my:

CONGRATULATIONS !!

Just goes to show that the damage done to us by the Banks goes deeper than just charges, and we have a right to rectify that too !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

8 months and not quite finished!!!

Not that im counting you understand :D

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

£800 costs? if they pay or should i say WHEN they pay this up please let us know what you claimed for i'd like to give it a try for my 2nd claim to Abbey!

BP

the costs consitst of claim fee £250, AQ fee £100 plus the time involved sneding and receving the letters set out in my disclosure list in an earlier post.

There is also some time for preperation of the list, AQ, N1 etc, all in all it sounds like a lot of moeny but in reality if i did this form y work i would be loosing moeny big time.

And dont forget my claim was listed for the fast track too.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Well it was worth dreaming for a while theres no way my costs woudl amount to that as i'm exemp from paying fees but you have put so much effort into this claim its really great to see them finally pay up!

BP

you can always ask the court based on the defendants unreasonable behaviour i hear one or two others have been awarded costs in the SCC.

The maxim is that if it gets to court prepare a schedule and take it with you and then if the opportuity occurs you have it ready.

If the claim doesnt get to court then its up to you to argue or not whether you are entitled to it.

i argued with barclaycard that since the claim was settledbefore allocation i was entitled to claim costs, they paid.

HTh

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Nice one glen i've been trying to cover myself with that so i sent Inga an email last night asking her to confirm if she wants to settle before the hearing date, i told her i'm going to send in bundle by the end of next week and having to purchase stationary and so while on benefit would make things difficult. i also told her that if i send in court bundle then i would ask for recovery of costs so she can't at later date argue that costs should not be awarded!

Hi Glenn

Your schedule of costs is there a set rule for fees that one can claim. I think I read somewhere on this site that £9.25 per hour is acceptable amount, but how many hours!!! as it took many hours of research and work on the bundle to get it in order, also photocopying, postage, telephone, and stationery. Is there anything else that I have missed!! as GM card are really taking it to the line and I do not believe they will supply the court with their bundle as directed by the judge, the time is ticking and they are sticking to their guns.

Good luck with your ongoing saga with Abbey, but I would guess you are almost there just the costs. Have they agreed to pay you costs!

Regards

DS

well Abbey responded, they didnt like me asking for 6.75 for several letters and they also said that i was being excessive for asking for 2 hours for completing my AQ, and a few other things. Offered me a total of 430 in total which after you take of court fees comes to £70 in total!!

Heres my response

Dear Sir/Madam

Between Glenn Lewis Horton, Claimant and Abbey National PLC, Defendant

In The Southend County Court

Claim No 6SS 03187

I thank you for your letter dated 8th March 2007 and note the contents therein.

It would be nice to say that I was surprised by your letter, but sadly this is not the case. You present your letter as if you had a defence to this and hundreds of other similar claims. You do not, and you have failed repeatedly to allow cases to proceed to Court to prove you case.

The reduction of the claim quantum as you put is had nothing to do with anything presented by Abbey, but was due to an exchange of information between the Claimant and the District Judge, despite, not because of, the presence of your Counsel.

You are obviously under the misapprehension that the schedule of costs submitted for payment to you was an invitation to enter into further negotiations.

Before you consider your next move I would make the following points regarding the way this claim has been conducted by Abbey national PLC and their legal representatives.

You failed to comply with your obligations under the Data protection Act until directed to do so by the Information Commissioners Office.

You failed to enter into serious negotiations to attempt a settlement prior to court action begin undertaken by myself.

You entered a defence which was on the verge of being struck out since it was a simple denial, contained significant errors and showed no good reason for defending the claim. The Claimants application to strike the defence out was withdrawn at the Defendants request on the basis that the Defendant amended their defence to one which was complaint with the relevant CPR.

The Amended defence showed no good reason for defending the Claim and contained factual inaccuracies which would have exposed the Defendants defence to be struck out.

The Defendant failed to comply with CPR 42.2

The Defendant failed to submit their Allocation Questionnaire by the due date requiring the court to issue an order instructing them to so file.

The Defendant failed to respond to a CPR 18 request.

The Defendant failed to respond to a offer to settle after the claim was issued.

The Defendant forced the listing of the Claim for the removal of the default, clearly with no prospect, or intention, of defending their position.

The Defendant has attempted to intimidate the Claimant several times with threats of costs.

In short the Defendant has at every opportunity delayed the proceedings and attempted to prevent the Claimant asserting their right to reclaim money unlawfully taken from his account.

You are correct in only one assertion in your letter, the schedule of costs does not represent the true cost to the claimant of brining this action, it is a significant under estimate of the time and effort taken to bringing this successful claim against you.

As a litigant in person you will no doubt appreciate that I have to undertake significant amounts of research on a whole range of different subjects. If I had claimed for the whole of my time the costs would have been significantly higher.

It is also worth pointing out that due to the Defendants behaviour in this claim that both its own and the Claimants costs have risen to the levels they have. If you continue to behave in this fashion both our costs will rise further.

In writing this letter today, I have decided not to add the cost of this letter and that of dealing with your letter to my schedule. This is the last time I will show you this courtesy, something you have failed to show to me.

There is only one consideration I can give to you in respect of the schedule of costs submitted. If you can show that the items claimed or the amounts claimed per item or hour, are outside of the scope of the CPR then I will review the schedule.

However, its my understanding that the CPR allows reasonable costs to be recovered and this schedule would appear reasonable to me. If I have to appear before the Court and let them determine the costs I should be awarded I will do so and present all my notes, letters and documents and let them decide how reasonable this schedule is.

I loo forward to an early settlement of the costs whereupon I will write to the Court informing them the Claim is settled in its entirety

What do you think?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA