Is it an offence to park on grass?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PCN.jpg

canalroad2.jpg

canalroad6.jpg

churchwalk3.jpg

parkingsign.jpg

Just followed your instructions and should hopefully have my photos on here now. The silver picasso is parked in the same spot my car was parked in. The final photo of the road shows the turn off and road sign for the street that is named on my ticket.

I would appreciate your comments before I submit my appeal.

Both cars are clearly parked illegally but if the location was wrong on the PCN it doesn't really matter.

Come on G&M, you know better than that.

Your statement is true if the verge forms a part of the highway, but looking at the layout, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it belonged to the yard in the background of the photo. In which case no PCN would be valid.

Anyway, as you say, if the location is wrong on the PCN, then it is a slam-dunk defence and a cancelled PCN.

Come on G&M, you know better than that.

Your statement is true if the verge forms a part of the highway, but looking at the layout, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it belonged to the yard in the background of the photo. In which case no PCN would be valid.

Its highly unlikely as most people would build a wall at the edge of the property and its unlikely the Council would continue the fencing at the rear of the grass across private property.

Clearly looking at the wear on the grassed area, when these 2 cars aren't parked there, then another 2 are.

If the council would like to stop this happening I'm sure a couple of low fence posts with a chain link would cure it in about 2 hours flat!

I wonder if the council do actually want to stop it or are they happier just continuing to hand out PCNs?

If the council would like to stop this happening I'm sure a couple of low fence posts with a chain link would cure it in about 2 hours flat!

No doubt just the right height to trip up an unsuspecting pensioner out for a stroll.

Why should the Council waste tax payers money creating a trip hazard just because drivers are too stupid to obey the law?

Thanks for all your comments. As I said in my first post I genuinely didn't think it was an offence if I wasn't parked on the yellow lines, I know ignorance is no defence and I've certainly learned my lesson now. I've spent all day swaying between paying the fine, as I was parked illegally, and not paying it because luckily the CEO made an error. Still haven't made my mind up. I've mentioned what's happened to quite a few colleagues at work who all park down there and they were all of the same opinion as me so don't feel quite as stupid now. I'll keep you updated.

No doubt just the right height to trip up an unsuspecting pensioner out for a stroll.

Why should the Council waste tax payers money creating a trip hazard just because drivers are too stupid to obey the law?

Well from the photos the grass area appears to be OUTSIDE a 3 foot high metal railings along the footpath. Not sure how agile pensioners are around you, but the ones I know wouldn't be jumping that!

As lubyloo has said, it was a genuine misunderstanding of the rules which was also held by many of their coleagues, so why shouldn't the council solve the problem once and for all (at very little taxpayers expense) instead of continuing to charge the same taxpayers huge amounts of money in fines.

• 2 months later...