advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last friday I went to my bank to find that two large amounts of money were missing from my account .

I went into natwest and explained they put me through to their fraud people who said that the first amount of £200 was withdrawn from an HSBC atm 14 seconds after I legitimately withdrew £30 the second was taken from the same atm on friday morning at the same time .

Here is my difficulty I found that my stupid 13 yr old son had withdrawn the friday money and when I got home still had the money and was terrified having not really thought through what he was doing(issues with bullying at school and a gang telling him to get the money for them to buy an Iphone or else)

Because we have admitted to this Nat west will not investigate the first amount of money missing assuming I suppose that it is him again ,however it could not have been he was at school at the time and I just finished night duty at the nursing home I work at.

Do you think there is anything I can do or should I just accept its gone?

I have a new card and PIN .

I would be greatful for any help £200 is a lot of money to us.

Many thanks

Thankfully today natwest refunded the money they said having looked at cctv footage of the cashpoint and adjacent camera they realise it could not have been me or anyone connected with me .

So every cloud has a silver lining ,thanks for yur advice :)

Did you find out if your son ( because of bullying ) had loaned the card to the bully to withdraw cash.

Also, is there a reason why your 13 year old son has access to your card and pin. With the way kids are picked on these days, i wouldnt have thought that was a good idea really.

Glad you got it sorted though.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

thanks for your good wishes.

He did not have access to the card or PIN by permission it was a lucky guess on the number.

As for the bullying his older brother who is head boy at the school has dealt with that.

There was very genuine distress on the part of my son for what he had done he did it in desperation and the fact he still had the money showed he knew it was not the way to deal with things.

What concerns me was that the bank told me that there can be no possible fraud on CHIP and PIN ,then back tracked and repaid the money so clearly there can otherwise I would not have got the money back when I had the card all the time .