Advice 4 U : Bailiffs Council Tax Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have seen many posts where the Council has refused to accept money from tenants because the Bailiff is involved.

Problem is when the Bailiff gets involved then massive charges are applied and therefore it becomes more difficult for you to clear your debts.

To solve the problem Please do this :-

Firsty if the Bailiff has aready been involved, and he/she has been making threats to come round and seize your assets, obviously do not let the Bailiff into the property as they have no Powers to force entry anyway.

To Beat the Bailiff, and avoid extortionate charges, Please pay the council direct either online or at the town hall or where-ever they accept the payments in your parish.

Do not be mislead by the council saying You Can Only Pay The Bailiff, this advice from the council is bogus. The council just want the Bailiffs to do the chasing for them, and because the word "bailiff" is synon with Power to sieze and remove, then people are more inclined to pay and be ripped off by these bailiffs.

There is NO law that says you have to pay the Bailiffs.

If there is Specific advice you need please post here.

Otherwise do a search on my username Oh Boy!, for advice that has been posted for other users in similiar situations.

Regards

• Haha 2

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

Hello Oh Boy! This is what is happening to me. I have finally gathered the money together to pay off my debt. The bailiffs have added over £400 to the debt and I don't want to pay it. I phoned the council and they say I have to pay them. How do I get round this? Who should I write to and what should I say?

Many many thanks. Any Old Iron :-)

Any Old Iron...and hopefully a bit more..! :-D

Hi

Just pay your CTX direct to the council, whatever it is you owe, IGNORE THE BAILIFFS.

The Bailiffs really need to collect the money off the back of the warrant it would of been a liability order from the Magistrates court for that amount whatever the amount, the warrant would not of included the bailiffs fee's.

In essence the bailiff cannot alter the Warrant of Liability to show a new amount.

IRRESPECTIVE of what is suggest by other panicking members-

REMEMBER : -

The Bailiff or B/Company have not really spent or lost 200 odd quid writing letters have they? its not a figure they spent so they would not be bothering to go out and try to enforce, they will simply move on to a softer target.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE see my credentials.

** Credentials **

Hi Oh Boy,

Just wanted to ask something. I have had bailiffs delivered 24 hour notice yesterday I have written recorded delivery to the council and bailiffs saying that I do not have the lump sum or assetts worth the amount and that I am vulnerable due to being a single parent with mental health problems, and requested the council to take back the debt as dealing with the bailiffs (I asked and asked and asked to have my payments lowered and they flatly refused) is distressing me and has become intollerable, which it has. I text the bailiff who delivered the letters this morning telling him that I had written to his head office and council and that I am a vulnerable debtor and why, and that I didn't have to open the door and wouldn't be, and that I was requesting that it be referred back to the council. I also added not to ring the number as I would not answer, and he hasn't rung. I don't think they have been either because there is nothing been put through the letter box.

Firstly, on the phone, he told me that they would come on Saturday, that was after he delivered the 48 hr notice on Tuesday, can they come anytime after the 24/48hr periods are up? In other words, can they come tomorrow and Saturday and every day after?

Secondly, should I start to pay a little to the council via their website now? Will that go in my favour when they decide whether to take the debt back? And what will happen if they refuse to take the debt back? Will I still have to go in front of a magistrate so I can explain my circumstances, or will the bailiffs just get a warrant to enter my property?

Sorry it's a bit long winded but I'm very stressed out and it's making my illness worse.

Oh and the bailiff also told me that they would call the police to pick my lock so they can get in if I don't let them in, I spoke to a police officer who said that wasn't true unless they were court appointed, is this common practice and can I complain about that?

Again, thankyou.

Hi Oh Boy,

Just wanted to ask something. I have had bailiffs delivered 24 hour notice yesterday I have written recorded delivery to the council and bailiffs saying that I do not have the lump sum or assetts worth the amount and that I am vulnerable due to being a single parent with mental health problems, and requested the council to take back the debt as dealing with the bailiffs (I asked and asked and asked to have my payments lowered and they flatly refused) is distressing me and has become intollerable, which it has. I text the bailiff who delivered the letters this morning telling him that I had written to his head office and council and that I am a vulnerable debtor and why, and that I didn't have to open the door and wouldn't be, and that I was requesting that it be referred back to the council. I also added not to ring the number as I would not answer, and he hasn't rung. I don't think they have been either because there is nothing been put through the letter box.

Firstly, on the phone, he told me that they would come on Saturday, that was after he delivered the 48 hr notice on Tuesday, can they come anytime after the 24/48hr periods are up? In other words, can they come tomorrow and Saturday and every day after?

Secondly, should I start to pay a little to the council via their website now? Will that go in my favour when they decide whether to take the debt back? And what will happen if they refuse to take the debt back? Will I still have to go in front of a magistrate so I can explain my circumstances, or will the bailiffs just get a warrant to enter my property?

Sorry it's a bit long winded but I'm very stressed out and it's making my illness worse.

Oh and the bailiff also told me that they would call the police to pick my lock so they can get in if I don't let them in, I spoke to a police officer who said that wasn't true unless they were court appointed, is this common practice and can I complain about that?

Again, thankyou.

Disgraceful behaviour.

The police are there to prevent a breach of the peace not help bailiffs brake in. Make an official complaint.

These constant threats that the bailiffs are getting way with is a disgrace, something needs to be done and if that means everyone has to make a complaint then so be it.

Put it this way, if you were to make a threat against a bailiff they would have the police arrest you, don't let them get way with the same

Right

Bailiff can come back after the stated time, however you do not need to open the door and the police do not pick locks. Locksmith pick locks.

Sadly all private bailiffs act like animals

This a simple problem ignore bailiff pay council direct via their web no matter amount you owe refer also to my first post above.

No judge in the land will ever send a defendant to prison with mental health and baby.

I will elaborate further later on.

Do not worry you are in good hands here, I will be back to deal with you

** Credentials **

My advice about paying money to the Council instead, is to double check, double check and then double check it has been paid, get a reciept and ring them and confirm its been paid and is off the bill.

I started paying them once I'd heard they had the LO order and were going to instruct the bailiffs, to this day I cannot get them to admit they received payments from me, and never took it off my bill, despite me having the recipts! Useless lot!

My advice about paying money to the Council instead, is to double check, double check and then double check it has been paid, get a reciept and ring them and confirm its been paid and is off the bill.

I started paying them once I'd heard they had the LO order and were going to instruct the bailiffs, to this day I cannot get them to admit they received payments from me, and never took it off my bill, despite me having the recipts! Useless lot!

As long as you have a recipt and a bank stament to show the money has come out then theres nothing they can do.

Send a copy of both to the council and bailiff

:)Hi Oh Boy

Bit of a long story so hope I dont bore you. I received 2 notices of attendances £888.38 plus costs and £443.50 plus costs. Bailiff wanted £100. I rang bailiff immediately and told him I could get the cash within a week and he told me to call back the day before I had it. I did this and arranged for him to come to my home. He failed to attend, I telephoned him and he said he couldnt make it that day and would call the following day. This went on for a week (I have telephone records of all calls made). Sometimes he just simply didnt answer his phone (I left messages). I was in house again when he put through a levy on my car. I immediately telephoned him and explained that I had been in touch and he was the one who didnt attend my home. He said "I must have slipped his mind". He arranged to come the following day and collect money. He said he wouldnt be taking my car as it was his mistake and went on to point out that I have nothing in my house worth taking. We arranged that my monthly payment would be £40.

I telephoned to make my payment and was told that it was £40 per fortnight. I explained I didnt have that amount of money, I am a single parent earning £100 per week and my mortgage is over £300. I then received letters indicating I was to pay £40 per fortnight on one account and £140 per month on the other account. They would not budge. Since then I have borrowed money on a monthly basis from friends and family.

It has come to my attention that my fees were £120. I telephoned them today and was told I have 2 levy fees on my accounts. Should I have to pay these bearing in mind this should never have got to them levying my car when I was ringing the bailiff every day? The levy fees amount to £85 and if I didnt have to pay these my bill with the bailiffs would now be cleared. Any help would be appreciated.

Dee

my daughter handed letter into council on Friday when they phoned her on Friday they said that her complaint about the bailiffs was the first they have had ye right :rolleyes:

When I complained I received a response saying that less that 1% of people had complained about the company I was complaining about - so I sent them a little reminder it does not matter if it's 1% or 100% a complaint is still a complaint and as my complaint was for illegal acts and breach of data protection their less than 1% response did not fly - Illegal act are illegal 100% of the time.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have seen many posts where the Council has refused to accept money from tenants because the Bailiff is involved.

Problem is when the Bailiff gets involved then massive charges are applied and therefore it becomes more difficult for you to clear your debts.

To solve the problem Please do this :-

Firsty if the Bailiff has aready been involved, and he/she has been making threats to come round and seize your assets, obviously do not let the Bailiff into the property as they have no Powers to force entry anyway.

To Beat the Bailiff, and avoid extortionate charges, Please pay the council direct either online or at the town hall or where-ever they accept the payments in your parish.

Do not be mislead by the council saying You Can Only Pay The Bailiff, this advice from the council is bogus. The council just want the Bailiffs to do the chasing for them, and because the word "bailiff" is synon with Power to sieze and remove, then people are more inclined to pay and be ripped off by these bailiffs.

There is NO law that says you have to pay the Bailiffs.

If there is Specific advice you need please post here.

Otherwise do a search on my username Oh Boy!, for advice that has been posted for other users in similiar situations.

Regards

The bailiff company is entitled by law to his fees FIRST.

If for instance the Liability Order were for £800 and the bailiff had made one visit to which he is entitled to charge £24.50 for "attending to levy where no levy was made" and the debtor decided to pay the council DIRECT for the £800 then I am afriad this does NOT mean that the Laibility Order has been discharged. This is because by law the bailiff is entitled to have his fees paid FIRST and the council are responsible for ensuring that the bailiff is paid his £24.50. This means that only £775.50 has been paid towards the Liability Order and payment of £24.50 is due to the council.

The bailiff company do not have to take you to the County Court and this is because their fees come first.

Most importantly, as there is still £24.50 outstanding against the Liability Order, the bailiff can, and often does, continue with enforcments and he is allowed to do so.

seems to go against the original post.

Edited by Voxter
added info

Thats what the book says happens.

What WE do in reality is nothing like it.

BOEING 747 say, pull this, push that, turn this knob, slide that handle and you will fly 10 million miles with no problem, thats what the user manual says, but then..........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee boom straight into the hudson baby.

I could write a book about how to drive a manuel car, but in practice....

You get the drift, I do not know of any bailiff company chasing any one for anything less than 400 squid.

Edited by Oh Boy!

** Credentials **

sorry just posted this as a thread then seen this:confused:

hi can anyone please help my partner had a letter from rossendales about council tax she is on the sick with depression and other illness and moved out of her house 7 months ago as she could not afford topay the mortgage and moved in with me 300 miles away but they still have not took the house yet any way cut a long story short i phoned rossendales and spoke to them offering £10 a month the bloke said ok i have set the first debt to £50 a month and the other one to £100 i said she cant pay that much so he told us to send them details of income by the end of march if not there coming to take stuff i said you cant just come in my house he told me he had some warrant that he could so i phone the council where she owed the money they said htey cant do nothing now its with rossendales and also told us they are charging her half the amount of her normal tax every month for the house being empty that she left 7 months ago what i want to know is i read somehwere that if your on sickness the council have to take the debt back from rossendales is this true?

PS sorry for my poor writing and spelling any help would be great