please can someone help me.!!!!!

heidi1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you fall to far behind with your payments of £15.50 a month then the time order would become cancelled and they may (assuming they have the paperwork) go for a charging order if you have equity in your property. Charging orders can be very difficult to stop even if they cannot produce the agreement.

At the moment, if I were you, I would keep paying the monthly sum and see if you can get the CCJ set aside.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you rory,

the thing is that my husband has just lost hes job, and we are behind on the mortgage payments as he was on short hours in december, now they have layed him off we are going to loose the house, i have got to go and see citizens advice on the 17th to tell me what would be the best thing to do but i think they are going to tell me to go bankrupt, this worries be sick. as we have a lot of debt. We have 13 creditors in total. we would not make anything if we sold our house our selfs. We have already got a few secured against the house, but i have asked them for the signed credit agreement hoping that they would be taken off that way i would not have to go bankrupt. i am under a lot of stress at the moment, this is all new to me with the credit agreements, the ones secured against the house and the ccjs i feel i should pass them on to someone who nos what they are doing because its more than just asking for a credit agreement, if they ent got it you dont have to pay it. do u no anyone who i could pass this on to, as like i say i have got a lot going on at the moment and a lot of stress.

thank you for your help.

I was going to put the £15.50 a month away and just see if i had a letter off them, it just seams strange that they say its at 0 balance, i will wait till the end of the month and see.

Thank you. I think we need a new start. we have just got our selfs in such a mess since havin the mortgage, the house was in a right mess when we brought it, so we went and brought new things and had new windows ect as i was on a good wage, then i found out i was pregnant, ( was told i never could have children) then i had to give my job up as i could not do it. things have been bad since then really.

Hi Heidi :)

The 17th is only a few days away now (when you go to the CAB).

I think the Barclaycard letter is very strange, but I also agree very much with Rory, you do have to take care if they have a CCJ.

Many people here battle like Trojans to get on top of their finances. They do, they come out the other side to help the rest of us :) But it is a battle and it is a lot of stress.

You are struggling now.

I don't know how many times over the past 2 plus years I've suggested bankruptcy to my hubby, but we've pulled back from it. We are battling our way through but it has aged us both. You have to ask yourself if this is something you want to take on?

I don't believe there is any shame in BR, particularly now. It would be a new start for you.

This is just my opinion. :) xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

hiya heidi

very sorry to hear about all the stress all this is causing you,,,

at the end of the day its what you and your family feel comfortable with,,, and how you are going to manage your lives,

by all means take all your information and letters from all your creditors and your mortgage info to cab and see what options are available to you

very sorry that you hubby has lost his job,

have a read on the bankruptcy threads just to get others views who are there or lived through it to guage whether that would be an option in the end for you

my only advice is gain as much info you can from all sources you can, at the end of the day you have to do what you feel best and what you can cope with,,,you dont want to become ill with worry and not enjoy life

take care and keep us posted have subbed to your thread anytime you want to chat let us know

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hello sosumi thank you for your kind message, one part of me wants to go bankrupt and the other side dont, like you say it will be a new start for us both. Im just a bit worried as i have a 4 year old boy, how this will affect him, not just me and my husband, especially when the bailiffs are trying to take my items away.

But out of the 13 letters i have sent i have only had 5 back, and only one of them have my signature on it, and the other one is a ccj. All the others are just an agreement with no signature on them what so ever. i dont mind paying the ccj at the end of the day i have had the money so i should pay, but no harm in trying to get it wiped off.

i dont no if i should try and send them a default letter on the 17th, the ones that have no signture on them. Really i could do with some advice as well about bankruptcy, but i will go and have a look at the forum, what other people have posted first.

Thank you for all your help.

hiya heidi

i totally understand some of your worries, mine last year were different but in the same context as such, but it made me ill, and its from huge effort that this year ive decieded to take back my control of my life

i know you are going to cab, but i found a lot of useful information in the early days before cag on nationaldebtline site

and they have a helpline too and though their email service was down last week not checked this week,,,

i just wanted to show you that getting informed is useful and then good decisions can be made for what is really best for your family

keep postive laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hi all, i went to the citizens advice they have told me to go bankrupt, i just want to no if i had the house repossessed first and the house sold for a lot less than we owe, could we put the remaning balance on the bankruptcy after in a bout 6 months later. im trying to sort out a few things before i do bankruptcy, i think i have only got one month left before they start legal action on the mortgage.

Hello Everyone,

We have decided that my husband is going to go bankrupt, as i have just got a few debts.

I had sent them all a letter asking for my credit agreement, iv only had one back, I should of received them on the 18 March, i am just sending them another now as a default letter. I am just thinking about my Barclay load that i had mentioned earlier in the forum. This is a ccj, i have also received a letter to say that there is a £0 balance, What can i do from here, is there another letter i could send, payment is due tomorrow and the direct debt has been cancelled. Shell i wait to see if i receive a letter from them ???? Thank you

Hello Everyone,

We have decided that my husband is going to go bankrupt, as i have just got a few debts.

I had sent them all a letter asking for my credit agreement, iv only had one back, I should of received them on the 18 March, i am just sending them another now as a default letter. I am just thinking about my Barclay load that i had mentioned earlier in the forum. This is a ccj, i have also received a letter to say that there is a £0 balance, What can i do from here, is there another letter i could send, payment is due tomorrow and the direct debt has been cancelled. Shell i wait to see if i receive a letter from them ???? Thank you

Hi Heidi :)

Just bumping this up for you. xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

hi, i have got to go bankrupt or the mortgage will be put in my name, so im just filling in the forms.

we had sent one of the creditors a letter to stay away from the house, it was mercers, just having my tea tonight and there was a nock on the door, my husband went to the door and i told him to go to the window, but when he opened the door the man said barclay card, my husband said yer and he said barclay card, i put my dinner down jumped up and i said he are going bankrupt he said well we have not received anything i said well you should soon, he asked when the hearring was i said i dont no, he said ok and went. (i have not done the forms yet) i was fumming so much for my tea, i could not eat it after that. how can they come to my house after payment when debt free me was ment to of been sorting this out, also the letter i sent them. im well ****ed off.:mad::mad::mad: