• Tweets

• I don't think they even deserve a reply...    We do have a solid case don't we?? Even though mum corgot the pop that time??
    • To start, my address both on my logbook and with the DVLA are correct.  The first I knew of the bus lane fine was when a woman on another floor in my building posted a photo of a letter addressed to me but with her address on it, on the building's facebook group. I obviously recognised my name so contacted her. She said she'd been receiving these letters for me for months but only asked in the group if anyone knew me when the bailiffs were at her door.  I contacted the debt collection agency and Manchester Council and was told to appeal. So I did and explained what happened said I was more than willing to pay the original fine but its now at over £400 and I would have paid straight away if the letters had gone to the correct address. Months have passed and I have just been told (with no reason) that my appeal was unsuccessful and I need to pay the full amount.  Any help would be appreciated! It just seems so unfair!
    • Exactly right Bank!  I had an email this morning from HM Courts and Tribunals Service Civil Money Claims: Dear Mr xxxx Claim number: 527MCxxx Parcel2Go.com has been given an extra 14 days to respond to your claim. They need to respond to your claim before 4pm on 4 June 2024.  Anyone would think you've been through this before!
    • OK, understood. The second decision to make, given PE are wobbling, would be whether to reply to them (well after 8 May to show you're not scared of them), ridicule their offer which is no offer at all, and ask them to make a serious attempt to settle.  You never know, they might offer a few quid as an out-of.court settlement and it might save your mum having to do court. Just an idea.  Something to consider.
    • If we are sure we have a valid case, she's ready to go to court. Her sister is going with to help with her hearing difficulties,  so we might as well see it through!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

All MBNA Caggers Fight Against MBNA's underhand tactics

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Scrapper very interesting welcome aboard, firstly can i invite you to my thread here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/151709-help-35.html

Firstly A CPR request will serve no purpose and they don't have to comply if no court proceedings have started.

You can however issue proceedings against them to force them to provide the documents.

But i would wait for them to start a claim because going by your previous attempts they will royally cock up anyway

The fact that your account has been running for so long my guess is that they have no documents and will attempt to commit fraud.

Remember MBNA holds no bounds and blatantly try to railroad claims though the British justice system

My thread will give you a very good idea of their tactics.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scrapper,

Another thread for you is this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/172769-mbna-agreement-now-threat-20.html

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks for the advice pompeyfaith

I've given up all hope of ever getting them to do anything I request unless I go down the legal route. The only thing they seem to get right is the amount of letters they send threatening all sorts. T*ssers

This all started when I lost my job and I asked if they could halt the interest and accept reduced payments for a few months until I got back on my feet, but they wouldn't even entertain the idea and bumped my rate up to 34.9% overnight cause I could only pay a reduced amount. Considering I must have paid them thousands in interest over 20yrs ( can't even gauge that as still no statements) I thought they might be sympathetic, but how wrong could I be. Now they want to be my friend and send letters saying they can help with a reduced payment plan as well as threatening all sorts. (Left hand doesn’t know what right hand is doing springs to mind) Well it's too late for that. I'm going have my day if it kills me. They ironic thing is my redundancy payment after 24yrs in the city could have paid them 20+ times over what I owe them.

Anyway enough ranting

Many thanks

Scrapper Coco :cool:

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Well it's too late for that. I'm going have my day if it kills me. They ironic thing is my redundancy payment after 24yrs in the city could have paid them 20+ times over what I owe them.

Scrapper Coco :cool:

He who laughs last laughs longest! I feel exactly the same towards MBNA. :p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

HI GUYS JUST FOUND THIS THREAD..

THIS IS MINE http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/182732-my-cca-mbna-please.html

AND HERES MY MBNA CCA

WELL FROM WHAT I CAN MAKE OUT AS ITS ILLEGIBLE AND I HAVE A FEELING THE BACK T&CS DONT CORROSPOND..

i26gap.jpg

2v7vrpe.jpg

Right,

Ive just had some advice from a QC,

For anyone who has a MBNA agreement which has this kind of terms on it in the form set out above, please let me know what your original credit limit was when you opened the card

IT IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT, TRUST ME

I have one of these fold and seal application forms from 2000, I will have a look at the original credit limit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/184041-all-mbna-caggers-fight-2.html#post1981616

Funnily enough I have found in my old paperwork an original application/flyer similar as above!

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Right... dont have the original credit limit because when I went for a refund of charges MBNA only ever supplied transaction details, since the dispute progressed they have ignored my request for all information under the DPA and do not correspond any more:rolleyes:

I am now intrigued..........

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

let me expand slightly

The law as we all know requires a "A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement"

So on the MBNA agreement it says £1000, £3000 & £5000 yes?

and under each amount of credit it says the various rates , Yes?

So what if your credit limit isnt there?

What if your credit limit was £10,000? £15,000 ???

there is nothing within the agreement to qualify the rate of interest if your credit limit isnt set out on the agreement? with me so far?

So MBNA may try and argue that the full details are found in a set of terms and conditions somewhere which we dont know about blah blah blah

Well that angle fails at the first hurdle as the Agreement Regulations , at Reg 2(4) requires all this info to be set out as a whole and not interspersed with other info so it cannot be set out elsewhere

so if your credit limit was different to that stated on your agreement KERCHING;)

does that help???????????????

• Haha 1

Crap...what's the betting mine will be £3,000!!!:mad:

So, does that still apply if say the limit was £3,500? (Sorry if this is a dumb question!!)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I have one of these fold and seal application forms from 2000, I will have a look at the original credit limit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/184041-all-mbna-caggers-fight-2.html#post1981616

Funnily enough I have found in my old paperwork an original application/flyer similar as above!

Was it exactly as shown on the original? Were the terms on it as shown - a lot of people thought they were cut and pasted, so this is really important:)

The point to note is that, if MBNA say "thats your agreement" then at work we say , great thats fine, so we then look at what they have sent

just because a prescribed term is there doesnt mean its accurate, so if the agreement misstates any prescribed term, then it is unenforceable

too often we get hung up on here trying to get the original agreement , which i still view as being important but if you ask for a true copy and they send you what they call a true copy and its deficient then you can still screw them

Yes I see your point PT - and what a fantastic point it is, that will help many I'm sure:)

I was just interested as to what was on the original blank application form as a lot of people thought these agreements were cut and paste fakes; if they are wrong they need to know before they take things further.

let me expand slightly

It certainly does!! :D

Do these tables appear on other 'agreements' or is it just the stick and fold ones..........

I will just have to way up whether to give MBNA a poke, I have not heard from them for 18 months;)

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

let me expand slightly

The law as we all know requires a "A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement"

there is nothing within the agreement to qualify the rate of interest if your credit limit isnt set out on the agreement? with me so far?

So MBNA may try and argue that the full details are found in a set of terms and conditions somewhere which we dont know about blah blah blah

Well that angle fails at the first hurdle as the Agreement Regulations , at Reg 2(4) requires all this info to be set out as a whole and not interspersed with other info so it cannot be set out elsewhere

so if your credit limit was different to that stated on your agreement KERCHING;)

PT, how important is it that the form is the same as the one shown below? Mine has the terms on the left hand side (which a few people are sure is a dodgy Blue Peter job), but it does show the table of APR rates along with the limits of £1k, £3k and £5K.

The only thing is we can't tell what the original limit was. As with most people it seems, the only thing being sent is similar to mine or the one below, but you don't get sent the one telling you you've been accepted and what your limit is. They are also refusing to send statements/details past 6 years so we can't find out that way.

Lexis

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

PT, how important is it that the form is the same as the one shown below? Mine has the terms on the left hand side (which a few people are sure is a dodgy Blue Peter job), but it does show the table of APR rates along with the limits of £1k, £3k and £5K.

The only thing is we can't tell what the original limit was. As with most people it seems, the only thing being sent is similar to mine or the one below, but you don't get sent the one telling you you've been accepted and what your limit is. They are also refusing to send statements/details past 6 years so we can't find out that way.

Lexis

IT doesnt matter if they are stuck on a post it note or on the ass of Bez Shaw himself at MBNA, the simple fact is if the rate of interest to be applied to the credit is not there then its unenforceable

hiya all

ive just seen this thread now but underdog had kindly put a post on my mbna thread,,,,

my limit of the amount was under my address on the first page where i signed,,,of course no acutal apr there on the first page, but they insist my terms and conditions were on the back and of course have been sent a double sided document on one sheet of paper

so what you posted at 10.14 on this post pt2537 that bit of where the info on the apr is , i got that on the back of my 2 seperate card agreements where the credit limit of 1500 for each of my cards,,,,,,but now i remember something from way back,,,,,that when i activated the card because of me having a mbna card the virgin one was then reduced to a much lower amount maybe 700.00 on the telephone,,,,, but i wasnt ever sent another agreement to sign just that it reflected in the statement info,,

i think only the front of one of my mbna cards is on my threads as at the time wasnt sure to scan correctly, but im happy to scan both my cards info here if it helps

laters all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

What about this one when they took over from BOS ?

Re: AA99 v MBNA (Account 1)

I came across this letter yesterday while hunting for something else:shock: It is the letter confirming the transfer from BOS McMillan card to MBNA and is supposedly the new contract. The enclosed t & c's are a Your Questions Answered Leaflet:confused: Comments :confused:

MBNAAcc1LetterchangefromBOSApril200.jpg

there is no credit limit on mine PF

Non on mine either!:confused:

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

I don't think it usually states your credit limit on your actual agreement - they usually rely on a vague reference to it. You need to check back to when you first open the account; it will be on your first statement or the intro letter that came with your card:)

let me expand slightly

PT - what if your credit limit fell between the limits stated in their T&Cs? For example, £3,500 or £4,000? Could they cover themselves by saying that although your limit isn't listed exactly, it falls between (and is therefore covered) by the limits they have listed, ie £3,000 and £5,000?

Also, what are the implications of the card number changing - if the agreement states a particular card number but the account they are claiming for is now a completely different number?

Where a creditor alters the type of card on your account without getting a new agreement, ie from a Visa to a Mastercard, would the original agreement cover the new type of card?

Edited by underdog13

PT - what if your credit limit fell between the limits stated in their T&Cs? For example, £3,500 or £4,000? Could they cover themselves by saying that although your limit isn't listed exactly, it falls between (and is therefore covered) by the limits they have listed, ie £3,000 and £5,000?

Also, what are the implications of the card number changing - if the agreement states a particular card number but the account they are claiming for is now a completely different number?

Where a creditor alters the type of card on your account without getting a new agreement, ie from a Visa to a Mastercard, would the original agreement cover the new type of card?

i would submit that the suggestion that the consumer whom is most likely a lay person with little knoweldge of consumer law would be able to assume that this was the case is in fact a grave error, if the limit were £3,500 then unless the agreement states that in the event your limit is not stated you should refer to the next lowest or highest figure, the agreement would not state the rate of interest if you went out an used your card to purchase an item to the value of £3,500