How do i present various documents and case law to the courts ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

just a quick Q relating to the various documents i have to include with my court pack for my up and coming set aside hearing.

I am wanting to include various bits of case law, parts of the CCa 1974, OFT guidlines etc in my bundle - Should i print out the whole document and highlight the relevant parts or am i fine to copy the text to a word doc and only print out the sections of the acts / case law which are relevant ?

Thought id open a new thread rather than adding to my old thread as this is a Q i thought others may need in the future.

Scort

Let's hope someone knows as I'm in the process of putting together my paperwork too - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/173426-cap-one-get-bashing.html

So far I've just kept bookmarks to the full document and copied up the bits I want to refer to as part of a document.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

could really do with knowing this peeps :confused:

More so to do with Case law .... Do i print out the whole summary of case and highlight what i need or will i be ok to just include the paragraphs that are relevant to my argument and make sure they are clearly shown where they came from etc.

hellllllpppp please

small claim or fast/multitrack?

If small claim then stuff is quite informal, just make sure you have all the info with you, including the whole case. You don't want him toddling off to read it himself and not understanding your point....

So, noting that it is usually informal, reference the case with the citation (eg [2007] EWHC 1573) and possibly have a copy with just the supporting para extracted. Have the whole with the relevant bit highlighted and with you and then you tell the bench that you have a copy of the judgement to hand for ease of reference if it would assist the court.

If he says yes pass it to him (or the clerk) and help the old dear out with where you are looking. For eg 'Sir, could I draw your attention to the comments of xxxxxxxx on page xxx at paragraph xxx. This is marked with [the orange tab/flag 4 etc].'

Give him time to read. Don't **** him off.

make it idiot proof. make it easy.