County court claim help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey I'm answering my own questions now lol....I've come a long way with the help of CAG:D:D

Term: Tomlin Order

A Tomlin Order stays a claim on agreed terms that are set out in a schedule to the court order, which remains confidential between the parties and brings the disputes between the parties and the litigation to an end other than for the purpose of enforcement proceedings, if they are required.

These orders are recognised by Part 40.6 of the Civil Procedure Rules and generally take the form:

'The parties having agreed to the terms set out in the attached schedule

IT IS ORDERED BY CONSENT:

1. That all further proceedings in this claim be stayed except for the purpose of carrying such terms into effect

2. Liberty to apply.'

The terms of settlement are thus set out in a confidential schedule to the order

Do I detect a spot of backpeddling by the wonderful MC? :lol::lol::lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This outfit seem to send Tomlin Orders out almost automatically

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Yes - I know other people, including me, that they've done it to

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

If you have a defence or if the agreement is unenforceable or if you don't know whether you have a defence or whether the agreement was unenforceable then I wouldn't. I personally didn't agree to it.

In terms of the advantage to a Tomlin Order - if you can afford the instalments - it avoids a CCJ

hi again.....well this is the thing, the installments they want at first are £10 per month but it states in order that things shall be reviewed every 6 months, so if we DID agree to it, in 6 months we could find ourselves having to pay alot more each month........I dont trust them one bit.

Precisely - if they told me it was raining I'd check...

I think only you can know if you have a sufficiently strong case in order to not sign their Tomlin order:)

I believe you answered your own question regards the 6 monthly reviews. £10.00 now appears good news. However, 6 months down the line you could be in exactly the same position fighting them off again. :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think only you can know if you have a sufficiently strong case in order to not sign their Tomlin order:)

I believe you answered your own question regards the 6 monthly reviews. £10.00 now appears good news. However, 6 months down the line you could be in exactly the same position fighting them off again. :(

I think that Citizen B is right

Ok thanks for replies, I am ploughing on with preparing to hand in my disclosure documents by thursday. I think if they had gone lower with their settlement offer, instead of £3750 (claim is for £7600) .....say around £2500 to be paid over 100 months at £25 ( and no threat of further battles with them) then I would have settled on that like a shot but £3750 is still alot when I have bank statements I have........so I think I will wait for disclosure date (thursday) and see if they send anything.........if they dont disclose then they obviously DONT have anything to back their claim up and I will go for the N244 and pay to force their hand..(it's worth it I think)

Will keep you posted.....

fedup

I think that their settlement offer says it all - is it a proper Part 36 offer - if so when does it expire

I must admit I agree with you...but as it's your claim it's your decision and it's always a hard one to make!!

It does look as if they don't have anything to back up their claim and if they did I'm sure they'd be champing at the bit to get the full amount and not trying to make deals. ;)

Hang on in there fedup...we're right behind you and supporting you all the way..... who knows,as they are complete lowlifes they may even make you a lower offer when they realise you really are prepared to fight....:D

Good Luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Hi IGNM How do I know if its a proper part 36 offer?? Apparently I have 14 days from 28th to consider........

It should say so and should be open for not less than 21 days

PART 36 - OFFERS TO SETTLE - Ministry of Justice

I must admit I agree with you...but as it's your claim it's your decision and it's always a hard one to make!!

It does look as if they don't have anything to back up their claim and if they did I'm sure they'd be champing at the bit to get the full amount and not trying to make deals. ;)

Hang on in there fedup...we're right behind you and supporting you all the way..... who knows,as they are complete lowlifes they may even make you a lower offer when they realise you really are prepared to fight....:D

Good Luck

Thanks spam ;) I know its hard cos I am not looking forward to facing judge etc but I think they bank on that and expect us to settle so we dont have to face it but I am not accepting their first offer....like I said...they will have to do better than that before I walk away!!!! Of course they dont have any evidence or they would have been waving it in front of me by now saying here look at this we have a valid claim......but thats 2 words Marlin dont know intit...."valid Claim" :eek:

Thanks for ur support, .......comin back attcha :D

fedup

It should say so and should be open for not less than 21 days

PART 36 - OFFERS TO SETTLE - Ministry of Justice

Thanks have had a nosey....I think they have limited it to 14 days because the judges order in this case states all disclosure served on all parties by 7th May 2009 ( thursday) and all requests to see actual doc's by 14th May 2009 so......u see.....14 days!!!!!!!:-| It's probably more for their benefit than mine cos I am happy to carry on.

"endless waffling" springs to mind:D

I'd agree with that...still it keeps the court service in business and the lawyers making money...