Harassment from MBNA

spanglesooty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I've a problem with MBNA who are ringing me on a daily basis, at home, my mobile & my business, regarding my arrears on my personal credit card with them.

They have now started ringing my Husbands mobile... even tho he has no involvement with my debt to MBNA. They have actually discussed my circumstances with him! Is this not against Data Protection (& or) Financial Credit Agreement laws ?

My Husband insisted that they put their proposals in writing, when MBNA suggested that quote:- "a new partner that they now have, could provide me with a loan to pay off my debt to MBNA" Unquote.

My husband refuse to talk to MBNA further & repeated that he was my husband & was not responsible for my debt.

I am about to send off to MBNA a request for a copy of my credit agreement & I would like to add some strong words to the bottom of my letter to complain about their behaviour. Any advice would be appreciated from anyone who has had this experience.

Regards,

S.S.

Thanks Michael,

I will add that to the request letter. It was the fact that they talked to my husband that really shocked me... I didn't think that it was allowed to talk to a 3rd party about my circumstances ?

Thanks again.

SS

I would try and get a note or even a recording, if possible, of every such conversation. I would then point out to whoever it was that had just breached the Data Protection Act that they are personally responsible for their actions and it could result in them being fined up to £5,000. Then I would take it up with the Information Commissioner.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

i had a company called Aegis phoning on behalf of MBNA,they are based in Mumbai, they would call twice in the morning (mobile and work number) twice in the afternoon and again in the eveing. They would leave silent messages on my mobile,think there is a dozen so far.....

My question is how can they give out false names ? I asked the girl her name and she said Esther Jones,now I knew that was not her real name ( i also had 2 others give false names) I asked for her real name which she did,and she confirmed they do it as a business need as we might have trouble with their real names.........

how would this work on a DSAR as the person has given a false name,this must be against the law???

can we therefore also give false details? am I also entitled to speak to them in Welsh,afterall its a business need..........

I have been receiving four calls a day from the MBNA computer asking for me personaly and to press any button and my call will be connected to an MBNA Muppet . I have not pressed button yet .In my opinion this is taking my privacy away as anyone in my household could answer the phone and be connected to these beings (not that anyone would ,they know my situation!!) but that is not the point, if it is that urgent I contact them why cannot a real person ring :evil: