CCI Legal for Aviteo LTD T/A Usenext

leeontop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had this taken any further than a letter yet?

I will be sending the 'prove it' letter tomorrow to see what they say. If iut gets messy I may as well just pay it but I was advised by the national debt helpline to check my credit records with all three of the main credit reference agencies first as it should be marked as a default by now if they have actually taken it further???

I checked with experian and my file is clean with them, just equifax and one other to check now.

I have the funds to pay but am reluctant to do so just yet if there is no need.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone had a response from the "prove it" letter? I amk considering send a copy by email (they dont have my new address and I want to keep it that way) however, by sending them an email I am proving that the email address is still valid - catch 22. Any thoughts? I wish I could just stick it in the bin and forget about it, but with an excellent credit record I could really do without some bunch of money grabbing 8astards ruining it. :mad:

The more I think about this one the more I think its a [problem]. All of my trials ended when the download limit was reached and if ALL the trials are automatically upgraded then I would have been able to carry on down loading. If (as was the case) I could no longer gain the benifits of this upgraded membership then surely there is nothing to pay for. They have not supplied anything for which they can demand payment! Smells like a con to me..

Edited by bigandyuk1
speeeling mistooks

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

The more I think about this one the more I think its a [problem]. All of my trials ended when the download limit was reached and if ALL the trials are automatically upgraded then I would have been able to carry on down loading. If (as was the case) I could no longer gain the benifits of this upgraded membership then surely there is nothing to pay for. They have not supplied anything for which they can demand payment! Smells like a con to me..

was exactly my thoughts aswell. I will be checking my current credit records when i get out of hospital in a week or so to see if they have changed at all. As previously metioned, my current records are top notch and the three main credit agencies are the benchmark for this seeming [problem].

If I come up as clean as I did when I got my last credit card three weeks ago then I would have to say that this is all 'hot air'. I will keep you all posted;)

One thing many people have overlooked i tried the trial thought it was rather crap rather use torrents. is the fact that they miss charge you.. the first email actuly asks for a full 12 months payment up front? when there CC states it rolls over month to month.. so they have never invoiced you for the correct amount which means its unforceable... anyways.

Edited by dereal2003

You obviously do not understand, once a debt becomes Statute Barred and the debtor states that they will not be paying, the creditor cannot take any legal enforcement as long as no payment or written acknowledgement of the debt had been made for a clear six year period in England/Wales, five years in Scotland. Any payment made after that period does not alter the fact, the debt remains Statute Barred and no legal enforcement can be made. Try reading, digesting and understanding the Statute of Limitations before you advise anyone otherwise. http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1980/cukpga_19800058_en_1

have i insulted anyone? no or given any info out i was meer stating a fact which is correct.. 15 year old debt yes can be depending on the ins and outs of the meer fact what sort of debt? how the structual was set up etc. and moved house etc. CCJ? Timo? very limited statement of affairs based on my own remark there is afew strange things in the water atm!!

such as 15 year old debts which have not been chased..

You made the above statement & now you've changed it to include CCJs. Fair enough even if you take a CCJ into account, if it hasn't been enforced for a period of six years even though it could never become Statute Barred, nor could it be enforced without the courts permission. The creditor would have to apply to the court and give good reason why they should be allowed to take enforcement & the fact that the debtor had moved would not be suffucient.

As for your other point " how the structual was set up etc" if the alleged debt was covered by CCA 1974 my statement stands. An ordinary debt becomes & remains Statute Barred if a period of six years has expired where no payment or written admission of the debt has been made.

like i prev said.. it was a statement of my own affairs which i didnt go to much into as it was nothing todo with this POND.. you are correct on your grounds. but advice stop reading text book stuff everyday... about CCA yes you are correct but have i mentioned anything regarding that??

Hi,

In response to this forum, I to recieved 3 emails from CCI legal in regards accounts where they state I own money to Aviteo.

As I signed up for the free trial I was un aware that the contract rolled over to a 12 month one as other people have commented on in the forum. Also why has it taken nearly 4 years to contact me in regards these accounts???. This is the first I have ever been contacted.

I have found out something very useful tho, the usenext system, does not allow u to sign up for more than one account with the same name, address, email and paypal account when there is an active account with these details already on there system. All 3 accounts state the same name, address and email address.

Also the paypal account I used to signed up with has an active CC attached to it and the card wasnt changed until 28th March 2007. (Proof can be given). So why when there was an active CC, did they not attempt to take the monthly charge from my paypal account (more proof can be given)

The accounts they are chasing are: 25 Sept 2005 - 25th Sept 2006, 25th Oct 2005 - 25th Oct 2006 and finally 25 April 2007. (is'nt it spooky that I signed up the 3 times on the 25th of the month :lol:)

I contacted [email protected] stating that I wanted proof that these accounts are correct and all they did was send me to CCI legal and gave me no response at all.

This is why I now believe this to be Con and people should be aware of this.

I have sent a letter to CCI Legal stating these facts, lets see what I get back.

Thanks for listening..

Email from usenext......

Your UseNeXT free trial has just ended automatically.

An additional cancellation is not necessary, as your account has not been renewed.

We hope that you have enjoyed UseNeXT.

Forgot to mention in my last post, did anyone get this email through from usenext.

Interesting, dont you think.......

Email from usenext......

Your UseNeXT free trial has just ended automatically.

An additional cancellation is not necessary, as your account has not been renewed.

We hope that you have enjoyed UseNeXT.

Forgot to mention in my last post, did anyone get this email through from usenext.

Interesting, dont you think.......

when did you get this email? recently or a while back?

Further Info re Aviteo.

Usenext is an illegal file sharing site.

It is a pay as you go service as they never renew the download limit unless you pay. By doing this they breach any contract themselves anyway and make it VOID.

There is nothing to collect!!

They do not renew anything unless you pay again,therefore their invoice they are chasing is worthless they have no case and no chance of winning any legal case against you!!

It is Illegal for them to tamper with any credit file without due process and correct default procedures laid down by the CCA 1974

BE WARNED!!!

Pro Faktura will bully you with worthless threats to get you to pay. IGNORE THEM AND WRITE TO MRS WILMS chair of PRO FAKTURA at info @profaktura.de and explain that their approach is fraudulent and harrassement.

NB DO NOT PAY PRO FAKTURA AS ALL IDLE THREATS. THE WHOLE [problem] IS ILLEGAL.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

DO NOT PLAY BALL WITH PRO FAKTURA AT ALL.

It is a money extortion exercise by Aviteo and has damaged irrevocably their relations with customers who used their site Usenext periodically. Many will now never use them again.

BE VERY WARNED AVOID USENEXT IN THE FUTURE.

Further Info re Aviteo.

Usenext is an illegal file sharing site.

It is a pay as you go service as they never renew the download limit unless you pay. By doing this they breach any contract themselves anyway and make it VOID.

There is nothing to collect!!

They do not renew anything unless you pay again,therefore their invoice they are chasing is worthless they have no case and no chance of winning any legal case against you!!

It is Illegal for them to tamper with any credit file without due process and correct default procedures laid down by the CCA 1974

BE WARNED!!!

Pro Faktura will bully you with worthless threats to get you to pay. IGNORE THEM AND WRITE TO MRS WILMS chair of PRO FAKTURA at info @profaktura.de and explain that their approach is fraudulent and harrassement.

NB DO NOT PAY PRO FAKTURA AS ALL IDLE THREATS. THE WHOLE [problem] IS ILLEGAL.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

DO NOT PLAY BALL WITH PRO FAKTURA AT ALL.

It is a money extortion exercise by Aviteo and has damaged irrevocably their relations with customers who used their site Usenext periodically. Many will now never use them again.

BE VERY WARNED AVOID USENEXT IN THE FUTURE.

Interesting stuff. Can I ask how you know all this?

We know this to be the law.

It is a try on by Aviteo. To be a contract between you they must have renewed your limit at the time the first period lapsed and then invoice you for payment. If they did and you used the new limit they technically may have a valid argument. By waiting for a payment from you before providing the new download limit ,negates the contract end of story.Both sides have not performed and thereby have walked away from the contract.

It is for the above reason that their claims are nonesense.

My advice is just ignore and do not pay!!

It is interesting that recently Aviteo/ Usenext are now offering pay as you go on their service. Do you think this may be that they have realised they have a problem on the legality of the old contract terms and are losing their clients?

Regards

Add me too the list that got the emails from CCI legal. Mine were for £21 and before I found this thread I decided to pay over the phone with a CC. After reading this thread I now realise I shouldn't have paid at all but it was only £21 after all.

However I signed up in 2006 and I'm now worried that because I've paid once they'll send more emails demanding that I pay for the whole 3 years. They don't have my address only my credit card details and mobile phone number.

What should I do? Wait for another letter? Cancel my CC just in case they decide to take more money?

Getting quite worried about this so would appriciate some advice.

Thanks in advance.

I to have the final demand letter for 67.69 Euros. The letter has come from Germany but it is not entirely clear to me where, if I was to send a reply, or to whom I send the reply too as there are lots of different addresses at the top of the page - 1 for a Dresden commercial bank, 1 for Handeisregister Coburg, 1 for some other Registrierter, 1 in Hausanschrift Geilenkirchen.

Think I am going to go with Info Files suggestion and just ignore it. I had to pay upfront when i used usenext (last time was in 2006). I stopped using it when my last lot of credit expired. So I think as you have to pay upfront to use the service - which I haven't for 3 years - or they disable your ability to use their service, I am in the famous words of Brian Potter going to say 'b*lls to um'

How did they dream up this alleged debt amount anyway for something you cannot use unless you pay up front for it? Not paid anything for 3 years because i have not wanted to use them.

So I am being charged for something I haven't used for over 3 years and actually couldn't have used unless I paid for it first anyway seems to me to be something of a 'being alive' tax.

Can I therefore send them a bill for wasting my time?

Cheers

DaveJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks