Jaxo_uk vs barclaycard ... is this CCA enforcable

Jaxo_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following on from my previous post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/177784-barclays-took-700-my.html.

I CCA`d barclaycard and received no reply,...well i received a phone call from a DCA, (strange that i hadn`t heard from them in 2 years) however I stated to the DCA that barclaycard was in default as I had CCA`d them and had no responce within the statutory time limit. They said that they would see what they could do and low and behold 2 days later this arrived with a demand for all the monies owed.

I`m just looking some advice as to wheter or not this is actually enforcable..

Thanks

P.s this isn`t my dodgy scanner from the 80`s,..Its what the agreement actually looks like.Untitled.png

Edited by Jaxo_uk

Hi Jaxo,

No need to BUMP - there're less peeps around during the day and sometimes a reply will take a while. :)

If there are limited views with the above link, use Photobucket. It's mentioned here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

I'll ask for this to be checked over, but you may not get a reply until this evening. ;)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Following on from my previous post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/177784-barclays-took-700-my.html.

I CCA`d barclaycard and received no reply,...well i received a phone call from a DCA, (strange that i hadn`t heard from them in 2 years) however I stated to the DCA that barclaycard was in default as I had CCA`d them and had no responce within the statutory time limit. They said that they would see what they could do and low and behold 2 days later this arrived with a demand for all the monies owed.

I`m just looking some advice as to wheter or not this is actually enforcable..

Thanks

P.s this isn`t my dodgy scanner from the 80`s,..Its what the agreement actually looks like.

PPs could somebody be so kind and let me know how i post an image in my post. Its asking me for a web address where the image is located. Here`s a temp link to it anyway. RapidShare: Easy Filehosting It can only be viewed 10 times. Thanks

can't see any agreement...................

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Hi Jaxo,

No need to BUMP - there're less peeps around during the day and sometimes a reply will take a while. :)

If there are limited views with the above link, use Photobucket. It's mentioned here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

I'll ask for this to be checked over, but you may not get a reply until this evening. ;)

Sorry for the late reply, I have been working all weekend and haven`t had the chance to use the computer.

here`s the photobucket picture

Untitled.png

Thats a nice "APPLICATION FORM" they've sent you there Jaxo...

It doesnt contain any of the prescribed terms.. i.e. repayment details or credit limit and it doesnt contain a signature from the company either as far as I can make out.

unenforceable I reckon

Thats a nice "APPLICATION FORM" they've sent you there Jaxo...

It doesnt contain any of the prescribed terms.. i.e. repayment details or credit limit and it doesnt contain a signature from the company either as far as I can make out.

unenforceable I reckon

Hi pmw1971, I was thinking unenforcable myself. Don`t really know tbh. But it seems more loike an applicartion form to me. However there is terms and conditions at the bottom left. I cant make them out but if they got a better photocopy would it then become enforcable??

What is the next course of action I should take? Is there any templates of what to send them next?

thanks

Hi pmw1971, I was thinking unenforcable myself. Don`t really know tbh. But it seems more loike an applicartion form to me. However there is terms and conditions at the bottom left. I cant make them out but if they got a better photocopy would it then become enforcable??

What is the next course of action I should take? Is there any templates of what to send them next?

thanks

Could ask for a copy that you can actually read the Terms&conditions you mention on it... its your right to have a document thats legible.

I notice it looks like a photocopy of a fax so its going to be a bad copy, they may have asked it for speediness and now have the actual document in front of them in which case you should get a better copy next time.

Hi Jax,

I'll flag this up and see if it can be checked for you.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Jax,

I'll flag this up and see if it can be checked for you.

:)

Thanks. What is my next cource of action? Is there any letter templates I could send them to try and get them to remove the default?

There is no template AFAIK - just write to them in plain English and tell them that they haven't sent an enforceable agreement (and why) and therefore they have no right to be communicating personal data about you to third parties, namely CRAs. Tell them that you want them to get the adverse credit markers removed ro you will commence proceedings under s14 of the Data Protection Act 1998

Just an update:......

I lodged a complaint with equifax about unsubstaned data on my credit files that had no credit agreement to back it up. Two weeks have passed and today i got an email saying, Please log into equifax as 3rd party has responded to complaint.

This is what i wrote to them (Equifax) : The company in question has registered data against me on this credit file & with experian that is incorrect. I want the data removed from both CRA`s as unsubstanciated as barclaycard cannot provide me with an original signed credit agreement as required by the consumer credit act 1974. I have now requested this document from them (along with the £1 statutory fee)& given them the required time limit to respond on 2 seperate occasions and have not had a single reply. If they are able to produce above mentioned document I want to see physical proof and not an email from yourselfs saying you`s have seen it etc."

This is the reply from barclaycard:

"We will delete the entry on line"

Thats it, A one liner. Hopefully they will remove the data from experian to as this complaint was only with equifax. Experian don`t have the same online dispute features as equifax. This reply was received today a 3pm, however the data still remains on both credit files, However I pulled both files this morning and cannot pull new ones until tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Whats the odds they`ll be gone tomorrow?

Edited by Jaxo_uk

Don't bet your breakfast on it !!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi slick and daniella, Sorry for taking so long getting back to you but it has only been today that this has come of my credit file. So it took a while but I got a result in the end,...Well I sort of got a result (it came off my equifax file but not my experian) The dispute was lodged with equifax but afaik experian don`t have this facility (If they do a link could somebody post a link). So what can I do next to get it of my experian file as they don`t have this option. ? If I wrote to experian explaining the situation to them showing them documents and proof do you think they`d remove it?...(me neither)....so what options do I have? or should I just be happy its removed from equifax?

Daniella it was £2800.

I'd write to Experian now and demand they remove any entry for this a/c or you'll take further action against the. Tell them Equifax have already complied.

Have you posted seeking help in the Default and DP Issues forum.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, this is my old thread b ut I need to revive it as im as a standstill with barclays. The original default was removed by barclays on equifax only. A few months later it reappeared under the name of aktiv capital. I have send countless letters to them explaining that no credit agreement exists and the debt is unenforcable (they have also admitted this on the phone) but they wont remove the default from my credit files. I have also wrote tho the information comissioner and they have said that there is nothing they can do. Can I get this removed in court if they have no credit agreement? and if so how do I go about it?

Hi all, this is my old thread b ut I need to revive it as im as a standstill with barclays. The original default was removed by barclays on equifax only. A few months later it reappeared under the name of aktiv capital. I have send countless letters to them explaining that no credit agreement exists and the debt is unenforcable (they have also admitted this on the phone) but they wont remove the default from my credit files. I have also wrote tho the information comissioner and they have said that there is nothing they can do. Can I get this removed in court if they have no credit agreement? and if so how do I go about it?

was it your debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i've not seen anyone in the last years or so getting any joy on default removals just because the CCA is un-en when the debt is actually theirs.

both the OFT & the FOS take the view that co's can continue to inform cra's even if the cca is un-en.

i also suapect BC has one too

what you have is the typical response from BC...their own garbage!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...