I love Lowells :D

missdpd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCA in dispute as from tomorrow, Lowell's sent letter saying that Cap 1 are having to 'go into the archives' to retieve it and would i mind settling account on a reduced amount to avoid this dragging on............oh yeah sure i will! ahem lol. SAR going off tomorrow, account in dispute letter going off tomorrow, gotta love em for trying :D

If it's a Cap One credit card you can put your house on them not having an enforceable agreement.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

missdpd in the same situation got a hearing tomorrow at 12pm for setting aside a stat demand from them here is the link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/177871-me-lowell-financial.html am a little worried about it but loads of people have told me they wont even turn up and it will hopefully be set aside but yeah I dont understand these people issuing stat demands and not having the evidence to back it up. I know what I want this thing to be set aside and for lowells to remove all defauls they have placed on my credit file. Good luck in your process.

missdpd- I wouldnt waste a tenner on a SAR.

They have as good as admitted to not having a CCA.

Also- watch the latest Watchdog on BBC iPlayer.

In it they state that they buy debts with no paperwork not only that, the original creditors rarely supply back up paperwork when asked.

missdpd- I wouldnt waste a tenner on a Subject Access Request.

They have as good as admitted to not having a CCA.

Also- watch the latest Watchdog on BBC iPlayer.

In it they state that they buy debts with no paperwork not only that, the original creditors rarely supply back up paperwork when asked.

ooo ok will do :) have bookmarked the Watchdog program to watch tomorrow. What has made me laugh with Lowells is that a month ago they agreed to a monthly payment plan and now because i have requested a CCA which their 'client' cannot find they are getting all huffy puffy and telling me i now have to pay in full, one rule for one, one rule for another! just makes me titter though, am not being fazed one bit!

Yeah, makes you laugh, doesnt it?:)

I went through the same thing with Lowells, they kept offering to settle for less and less until finally admitting they didnt have the CCA and neither did Barclaycard so they accepted my suggestion and crawled back under their stone.

You will get another letter soon from them stating that despite their efforts to come up with the agreement they dont have it an neither does the original creditor and they will then close their files and then it will go on about that if they at some point in the future obtain the agreement "Which is doubtful" they will again persue it blah blah blah......

Just received another letter! They must love me this week :)

Basically its in repsonse to my letter informing them they are now in default of my CCA request. They are saying that the Consumer Credit Act (no section quoted) states they have 12+2 days (which i gave them before sending them the dispute letter WITHOUT the 30 days bit in it) after which they have 30 more days to comply. Now i'm sure i read somewhere this has now been done away with hence why I sent letter without it in. Or is this only applicable to agreements entered into after a certain date?

Can someone clarify this for me please and point me in the direction of a letter with which i can respond to them with.

thankyou :)

The 30 days was done away with when the CPUTR 2008 was implemented into UK law in May 2008. Just send them a short letter advising them of thier duties and obligations under the UCPD and the CPUTR 2008 :D and that you will report them to TS and the OFT if they chase you for payment while your CCA request is outstanding :p

Some more information and letter templates regarding the CPUT Regs here The Consumer Forums - Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs. 2008

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have just done a letter

Dear whoever can be bothered to read this :)

Thank you for your letter dated ****. The contents have been noted.

However, I do have to disagree with you on the thirty days comment you have made.

You have stated that the Consumer Credit Act gives you twelve days to provide the documentation requested, after which, a further thirty days is given to provide the documentation.

As you should be aware the CPUTR (2008) removed the thirty days summary offence and is therefore irrelevant. I would suggest updating your system to show this in future letters you may send out.

As the CCA was not provided after the twelve days as required by the Consumer Credit Act, this account remains in dispute and the following still applies.

I then inserted from the 'This limit has expired' and all the information that followed, as taken from the account in dispute letter.

Does this look ok?

ta :)

• 4 weeks later...

Farewell Lowells, was fun whilst it lasted :(

...........received my 'We are closing our files' letter today due to 'this document is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened with you'

...............altogether now.................................

awwwwwwwwww :D:D:D

Well done!! :D i am having the same problem, to the latter with these people!! I couldn't beleive it when i read what they had sent you, i have had 2 of these letters now basically saying when Crapital One retrieve the CCA Lowells will come back with i must pay the debt in full and that they will seek to enforce it!! :D I have had 2 letters offering the same as yourself, " a once in a lifetime knock down offer in full and final settlement" lol , yup right , was my attitude too! :D so they do it with everyone by the look of it. They also told me that once i had sent off fo r my CCA, and i was paying on a re-payment plan for over 14 months, they became snotty and said that once the document was found by Crapital they would enforce it and i would have to pay in full !!!! :D

I am sending my Account in dispute tomorrow just to make their week and i shall sit back and wait!!

Nice one to the OP :D lets hope i can get the same result :)

Tigs x