• Tweets

• is the home in joint names but this is solely your debt? need far more history to be able to comment if it's paid off and was not just written of by one partly on their books and sold to anther, thus the cra file says £0. dx
    • So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help Up To Neck In Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but I've just got a few questions that I hope someone might be able to help me with.

Here goes, four years ago I was made redundant from my job but it was only agency work so didn't get any redundancy money. I haven't worked since due to ill health, only receiving incapacity benefit. I owed loads of money out but managed to negotiate with my creditors a repayment plan.

At the same time my husband was made redundant but managed to get a job six months later. The upshot of it is that he is going to be made redundant again and will only get four weeks pay as his redundancy package.

This means I will not be able to pay my debts again so the creditors will be harassing me, my questions are can they harass my husband for payment none of the debts are in his name they are all mine, can they remove items from the house for the debts again everything has been bought by him including the clothes I stand up in. Can they make him sell the house to pay my debt again it is in his name not mine. The only thing with my name on are the debts that I have run up, (:Cry: stupidly I know). I am concerned that the kids and him will suffer because I couldn't control my spending.

Would bankruptcy be an option for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks nutty

woe.....slow down.

the only debts that can result in bailiffs taking stuff or threatening your home are council tax/rent/loans secured on your propery.

if they are storecards, credit cards etc , then it will never result in such drastic action. so stop worrying on that from.

might be an idea to give us a few details of who the debts are with & for how much, age etc are they still with the card Co. or are some with DCA's?

more info please...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok you need to chill a bit.

Can you list these debts,i.e. credit card/store card/loan etc., and say how old the accounts are and roughly how much.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi thanks for your replies, all the debts are over four years old. They are all in the hands of DCA's. I owe £2300 on M&S visa, £1600 on M&S storecard, £2116 empire stores, £1500 evans storecard, £7895 unsecured loan, £2395 Associates visa, £1900 tesco visa, £2100 capital one visa, £1545 littlewoods catalogue, £1583 natwest visa, £1675 virgin visa, and I am also overdrawn at both of my banks natwest £800, barclays £920 so as you can see I've got myself in a bit of a mess of which I'm not proud of but when you're working you think you can afford it all and then when you loose your job you realise what a hash you've made of everything. Anyway less of the feeling sorry for myself any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks nutty

Hi, nutty.

I'll move this thread to the Debt Collectors Forum, you'll get good advice in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi thanks for your replies, all the debts are over four years old. They are all in the hands of DCA's. I owe £2300 on M&S visa, £1600 on M&S storecard, £2116 empire stores, £1500 evans storecard, £7895 unsecured loan, £2395 Associates visa, £1900 tesco visa, £2100 capital one visa, £1545 littlewoods catalogue, £1583 NatWest visa, £1675 virgin visa, and I am also overdrawn at both of my banks NatWest £800, barclays £920 so as you can see I've got myself in a bit of a mess of which I'm not proud of but when you're working you think you can afford it all and then when you loose your job you realise what a hash you've made of everything. Anyway less of the feeling sorry for myself any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks nutty

You say they are all with DCA's

Are all these account about the same age (4 years you say)

When did you last make a payment on any of these debts?

Who is the unsecure loan with?

Have you ever sent a CCA request to any of these DCA's to ensure they have to legal right to collect?

Looking at your list of creditors, there is a few on there that may not be able to supply the required document.

Hi alfwithhair,

sorry about the length of time it took me to reply but my hubby received his letter of redundancy on tuesday one months notice, so worrying about that and my debts my health has been going downhill rapidly. right i originally took the unsecured loan out with a company called royscott, about 15 years ago, they put me in court I offered £5 a month which was accepted then about five years ago the debt was bought over by wescot who after a few letters and copies of the original court decision accepted the £5 which i am still paying. all the other debts are with dca's some may be a bit older approx 5 or 6 years the others are 4 years old. i have paid them all religiously every month. some i pay more than others because thats all they would accept its been a stretch because i dont work due to ill health i am on incapacity benefit, but because hubby was working he used to help me out a bit. when his job finishes i wont be able to maintain my current payments and i am worried what to do next. i am so stressed thinking about the hassle im going to have trying to negotiate with these people, any advice would be great.

nutty

Hi I know its difficult but try and take a deep breath and look at the whole situation. You are a long way from having anything worrying if anything can happen to you or your family and with advise from here I am sure you will be fine.

Adding your total debts together it comes to £28329 you say you have no assets in your name at all. If this is the situation you have to ask yourself will I ever really be able to pay this money back?

If you are ill then any work in the future would be difficult and this debt could be adding to your ill health, even if you were able to get a decent job in these times paying back your total debt would be very difficult.

Assuming once again you have no assets at all I would consider bankruptcy but I would take serious advice on the situation first.

CAB or depending where you live you can find agencies who can help with advice. Its not an easy way out if can be difficult but it is something you may wish to consider.

More info on solutions /BRhere

Have you claimed back charges on these debts? The associates which is now citicard will have loads for a starter.

First I would SAR each of these accounts and see how much you can claim back in charges - then see how much this reduces the overall amount. In the meantime write to them all and offer token payments of a £1 per month.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Right, here is my suggestion,

In the 1st place contact CCCS, they will make a telephone appointment with you and go thro all your debts, and produce an income and expenditure summary to send to all your creditors, along with an offer of payment, this may only be £1 per month.

Dont leave yourself short, when they ask how much you spend on living expenses etc.

This will put you in a much better position to start picking these off one by one in a few months time, once you have set up this arrangement.

Dont worry this can be sorted out...keep coming back to this thread, with anything that is worrying you.

Just type CCCS into google and apply online, its a charity paid for by the banks...so wont cost anything...im not saying its the answer to all your problems, but initially it will put all this on a stable footing, so you are not constantly worrying about it, and will enable you to start working thro all this.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

just an after thought can I still claim charges even though I've been paying these debts through dca's.

Yes, have a look at the step-by-step..........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just a note to add about the CCCS. They've helped us tremendously and do not judge. They will help you back on track with manageable payments. When some of your creditors realise you are under profesional guidane, they may infact offer lower settlements.

You've nothing to lose in using them..they are there to help.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

• 3 weeks later...

hi just a quick update on my situation, well my husband was made redundant earlier than we thought. I went on the cccs website and did an online debt remedy solution what a good site they certainly put everything into prospective, anyway I am now in the process of making offers of reduced payments so I'll let you know how I got on, and thanks everyone for your advice.

nutty