style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no worries saviour. Different forums work in different ways. Because this is a self-help and advice forum we tend to have all points relating to one persons dilemma in the same thread. That way - as none of us has perfect recall - we can run through the entire thread if needs be and get things in perspective.

As it is also a fast moving forum, your original thread can disappear down several pages if it hasn't been added to for a few days.

If you click on your user name, then on the 'statistics' tab, there is a facility to locate all threads or all posts that you have written. That may be a quicker way to locate your threads...

Best wishes

Rae

Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for your further correspondence which we received on 23rd May 2010 In light of your continued dispute regarding the fees incurred on your account, as a gesture of goodwill and in an effort to resolve this situation for all concerned, we are willing to offer a refund of fees totaling £42.50. This offer is made in full and final settlement of this matter and I would respectfully request that you indicate your acceptance of this offer by return within the next 7 days

Allow me to take this opportunity to apologise for any distress or inconvenience that these events may have caused you and I sincerely hope that the actions that we have now taken will bring these matters to a close; should you require any further assistance however, please do not hesitate to contact me in writing at the address provided below.

xxxxxx

Edited by saviour1263

Taking that offer makes no sense to me sav.

Even if you conceded that the levy was OK, then that it is OK to charge the attend to remove on the same visit (which it is not), you are still left paying a waiting fee of £60.

If we concede that the levy was lawful, then in my opinion they owe you the rest (i.e. everything but the levy fee).

They know it - hence the time pressure and the phrase "full and final settlement.", they know you can come back for more otherwise.

EDIT - "gesture of goodwill" that's what these clowns said to me when they deleted the FULL £355 from my account , you've got to laugh!!

Edited by Thegreenpimpernel

council tax ......................... .................£138.00

levylink3.gif fee...................... ......................... £32.00

Attendance to attempt to levy distresslink3.gif .....£42.50

attendance removal.................. .............£160.00

total.................... ....£372.50

this was the original amounts he charged

03/01/2008 debt £912.58

10/01/2008 visit 1 £24.50

18/01/2008 visit 2 £18.00

30/01/2008 levylink3.gif fee £51.00

30/01/2008 walking possession £12.00

30/01/2008 attendence /van £90.00

30/01/2008 waiting £60.00

01/02/2008 payment by d/c £1.00

total £1,169.08

I'm going off the figures you quoted (above).

By getting rid of the 42.50, they seem to be conceding that the 'visits without a levy' did not take place.

This agrees with your version of events.

If he turned up, placed a levy and then you paid him, then its just the Liability Oder + the appropriate levy fee, lets assume they got that right (haven't checked it) thats £964 total.

If you paid 1169.08.

That's a £205 overpayment, (more properly called fraud).

Edit - even if we give them another visit (24.50) that's still £180 overpayment.

Edited by Thegreenpimpernel
Edit - even if we give them another visit (24.50) that's still £180 overpayment.