Excel Parking George St Wakefield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help? In October 27th I parked in the Excel Carpark in Wakefield and used my disability badge. About 2 weeks ago I received a letter from Excel with a picture of the back of my car stating that I hadn't showed a valid parking ticket and they are charging me a £60 fine. I wrote to Excel explaining that I had a disabled badge and they wrote back stating that any vehicle entering the car park is required to purchase and display a valid P&D ticket! I rang the Excel office and spoken to an advisor I explained the situation and that when I parked there wasn't a sign stating that I also had to buy a ticket, he told me that there is one and its displayed quite clearly. Can anyone help me with this is there any other way around it as if I don't pay up before 21st December the payment will go up to £100!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes of course we can help. What you need to do now is adhere to the following set of instructions acurately and to the letter. Failing to stick exactly to these instructions MAY result in you receiving more letters from Excel and MAY mean they become an even bigger pain in the bum. :)

1 Ignore

2 Ignore some more

3 Return to point 1

:D

Edited by crem

Can anyone help? In October 27th I parked in the Excel Carpark in Wakefield and used my disability badge. About 2 weeks ago I received a letter from Excel with a picture of the back of my car stating that I hadn't showed a valid parking ticket and they are charging me a £60 fine. I wrote to Excel explaining that I had a disabled badge and they wrote back stating that any vehicle entering the car park is required to purchase and display a valid P&D ticket! I rang the Excel office and spoken to an advisor I explained the situation and that when I parked there wasn't a sign stating that I also had to buy a ticket, he told me that there is one and its displayed quite clearly. Can anyone help me with this is there any other way around it as if I don't pay up before 21st December the payment will go up to £100!

Unfortunately by contacting them and from what you say you said you have probably given them enough hope that by hassling you with threatening letters (and possibly a phone calls if they have your number) you will pay. If they detect a weakness they will stick at you.- rather like a wounded animal in a group the predator will pick that one out.

When you rang to explain "Your situation" all they did was probably oput their hand over the mouthpiece and laugh at you - no really ! They have no appeal process and have only one aim - to fleece as much from people as they can.

What you need to do now is Ignore every letter Excel send you – ignore every letter that their Debt Collector send you (probably Roxburghe) then ignore every letter a chap by the name of Michael Sobell (trading as Graham White Solicitors) sends you.

They purpose of these letters is to intimidate you into paying – is may go against your nature but you need to ignore them. No harm will come to you despite the content of the letters – it is all part of the Business Plan of these companies to extract money from the unwary and worries out there.

You are now armed with all the ammunition you need to fight back – don't be tempted to make contact with them again.

As Al27 says have a read on the many, many, many threads on this forum with regard Excel and other PPC's.

You need to understand why you are being advised to ignore though so you can tell your friends about the likes of Excel.

Just an additional note if you have a Blue Badge don't forget this has no meaning whatsoever on Private Land such as the Excel Car Park you used – same applies to the likes of Supermarket Car Parks an so on.

Blagton

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I have received a letter (Dated 3/12/09) from Roxburghe Debt Collectors (Surrey), which reads:-

"We are writing to you instead of our solicitors Graham White as the way in which you have treated this account is unacceptable.

It is our intension to instruct our solicitors to commence legal action without further notice to you.

In the event of judgement being entered against you we would apply to the court to enforce it by way of a warrant of execution.

A warrant of execution would allow a bailiff to attend your address and remove goods for sale by public auction and in your case we would alert the court to all facts known to us including ownership of vehicles.

This is your final opportunity - make payment immediately prior to legal action being taken."

YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO RESPOND

Has anyone else received any similar letters and is this proposed action (warrant of execution) legal.

I still have no intension of paying this charge, which is now back at the original amount of £60.

Thanks for everyone's interest and help, it is much appreciated.

Hi All

I have received a letter (Dated 3/12/09) from Roxburghe Debt Collectors (Surrey), which reads:-

"We are writing to you instead of our solicitors Graham White as the way in which you have treated this account is unacceptable.

You have an account with them?

It is our intension to instruct our solicitors to commence legal action without further notice to you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

In the event of judgement being entered against you we would apply to the court to enforce it by way of a warrant of execution.

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A warrant of execution would allow a bailiff to attend your address and remove goods for sale by public auction and in your case we would alert the court to all facts known to us including ownership of vehicles.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Wake me up when they finish

This is your final opportunity - make payment immediately prior to legal action being taken."

Or, before we give up and go away more like.

YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO RESPOND

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone else received any similar letters

Yes, thousands

I still have no intension of paying this charge, which is now back at the original amount of £60.

Thanks for everyone's interest and help, it is much appreciated.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

If they cud ac tey wud av, This crowd of non descrips should stop shoutin wolf, cos thas not barna tak any gorm on em.

Seems to me like the record is stuck in a groove and iz just repeatin them sens

ad infinitom ad nuseaum

Carry on and tak na gorm on em

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I received another letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors on 5th Jan.2010, which I duly ignored but on the 20th Jan Graham White Solicitors left a message on my answer phone saying I had to ring them back urgently, which I haven't, they must have got my number from the telephone book.

This is riddiculous, I am now getting grief from my family as they are worried about the amount of letters and now phone calls we are receiveing. Can the action of their solicitors be classed as harrassment? and can I do something to stop them doing so (without paying the charge). Is there a letter I can write to Excel which is basically a "put up or shut up letter"

Thanks Everyone

Not worth it, near the end now. Which is a shame as it means G White will stop wasting its time and money... If you write you will be down on the 'we snagged him, he might pay up list' and you just get more rubbish from them.

Is there a letter I can write to Excel which is basically a "put up or shut up letter"

Thanks Everyone

No, everything except a letter with a cheque is ignore. As Lamma has stated you are near the end now, just hold out.

regards

Hi All

I received another letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors on 5th Jan.2010, which I duly ignored but on the 20th Jan Graham White Solicitors left a message on my answer phone saying I had to ring them back urgently, which I haven't, they must have got my number from the telephone book.

This is riddiculous, I am now getting grief from my family as they are worried about the amount of letters and now phone calls we are receiveing. Can the action of their solicitors be classed as harrassment? and can I do something to stop them doing so (without paying the charge). Is there a letter I can write to Excel which is basically a "put up or shut up letter"

Thanks Everyone

Hi Ronthewhite, I too have had a message to ring Roxburge and I also have no intention of ringing them back. For peace of mind and as your further advanced in procedings will you keep the thread going to let us all know of any pprogress, I will do the same.

Hi All

Just a brief update I have had 3 phone calls from Graham White Solicitors one at 0930, one at 1130 and one at 1500 all on different days, all by different people. Two calls just left an "urgent" message but the third I picked up but I wouldn't talk to him. What I did notice was that the background noise was really noisy it sounded just like a call centre, I don't know if that is significant but it seamed strange to me.

I rang the number back at 10pm knowing there would be no one there, the message was "you have reached the office of Cameron Petreco" I was expecting a message from Graham White Solicitors.

Anyone else had this type of thing?

Cheers

G.White called again this morning, conversation goes: Caller. Hello am I speaking to Mr Brian....?

Me. who wants to know?

Caller. G.White, can I ask you some security questions first?

Me. NO! then I hang up. :-)

Next time insist they go through YOUR security questions:

Full Name

Date of Birth

Star sign

Inside leg measurement

any other you can think off.

regards