Letter regarding bank charges

veronicafleetwood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am just in the process of sending my letter to my bank regarding the reclaiment of my bank charges and am a little unsure of where i need to send the letter too. Has anyone sent a letter to HSBC with a similar case to mine and what address did you send it to?

Thank You

Regards

Veronica

Hello and Welcome

You can send the letter to your branch, or failing that look here.

Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register

The address the ICO gives for HSBC Bank PLC is

8 CANADA SQUARE

LONDON

E14 5HQ

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hello Veronica and welcome.

Hundreds, if not thousands of HSBC customers have got the unfair charges back, so will you.

Before you make a start please take the time to read fully the FAQ, and as many posts as you can so you have a good grasp on not only what to do but why.

All the best with your claim, and keep us posted!

Crusher :grin:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry I haven't been in touch I have been away on holiday. I would just like to say thank you for your advice and help. I was just wondering how long it takes for the bank to get back in contact with me, as I've not heard anything as yet and its been 3 weeks since I sent the letter.

Regards

Veronica

Veronica, I wouldn't worry about not hearing from them. I'm also 3-4 weeks down the line and have sent my LBA now, and have yet to hear a peep from them!

28/07/06 - Prelim letter sent to HSBC for £3648

31/07/06 - Letter rec'd at HSBC

14/08/06 - LBA sent to HSBC

16/08/06 - LBA rec'd at HSBC

22/08/06 - Finally!! first reply from HSBC offering £2000

23/08/06 - Letter to HSBC declining offer, saying I want ALL my money!!

31/08/06 - MCOL filed for £4551.96, to be deemed served on 06/09/06

05/09/06 - HSBC Acknowledge claim

22/09/06 - DG Solicitors offer full amount in settlement, I accept!!

27/09/06 - Full amount paid into my acount

28/09/06 - Full amount taken out of my account!!!!!:mad:

29/09/06 - Cheque arrives, FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!! with all their account details in a letter adressed to me!!!

29/09/06 - HSBC refuse to pay money back into my account

If I have been of any help, please click on the scales in the top right corner! :)

Hi Veronica,

This is my first posting on here, its well interesting aint it!

I too have sent my preliminary letter to HSBC, sent it to my local branch in Huddersfield (had a letter 2 weeks before, saying they just had a super new refurbishment and invited me to book an appointment to have a tour!) So I thaught, sod 'em, they done that with my money! Going back 6 years, I ordered my statements over the phone and after very poor customer service, and a bank-monkey asking why I wanted them, I finally recieved them. Loads of them! They do "usually charge a standard fee of 10 pounds" (cant find my pound sign), but because I kicked up a stink about my repeated experiences of bad customer service during my request, the bank-monkey waived it.

So far, its almost been 2 weeks with no reply, claiming for 2826.00 going back 6 years, which according to the interest calculator, suprised me to work out at 4248.04! Stupidly, my initial letter stated I was claiming for the 2826.00, but when I write back you bet i'm going for the lot!

Steal my money to finance another useless call center in Mumbai, dont think so bank-monkey!

So, sorry, ranted on a bit there but anyway, good luck!

good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Good good - keep to your timetable, even if you do not hear from them! You're the one suing them, not the otehr way around!!

• Confused 1

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have not heard a thing off the hsbc . so i am ready to send my ni claims form off but i am stuck on a few things [the brief details of the claim ] and the last bit[ particulars of the claim]//i have never done nothink like this before i getting a little nerves . thinking that with me not hearing from them i have done somethink wrong . but i can claim all my overdraft fees back or not before i send my claim off .regards veronica

well done!! not long to go now

i got precious little response back off the back thoughout the process, but... i got my full offer exactly 1 month after i filed online:D

My Thread: HSBC Glee!!!!

18/07/06 - 1st letter delivered by hand : £2,363.00,

01/08/06 - 2nd letter delivered by hand,

15/08/06 - Money Claim Online submitted.... £2,980.47 inc. interest & court cost

21/08/06 - offer of £1998.87 received = too late suckas!!!

22/08/06 - MoneyClaimOnline 'Acknowledged'

06/09/06 - 1st Letter received off D&G solicitors

15/09/06 - full offer made

20/09/06 - full payment + £50 received = £3030.47 :D